Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Peanuts Leith needs surgery for mammary tumors

95 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Mammary tumors
Amount needed for surgery: $1583

Owner’s contribution: $583

Amount needed from IMOM: $1000
5% of $1000 for IMOM operating expenses: $50
Fundraising goal: $1050

Spayed: Yes
Caseworker: Dawn

Peanuts is at All Funds Raised - Donations No Longer Needed!!

Peanut.png

Peanuts is an 8 year old Staffordshire Terrier with mammary tumors.  She needs to have surgery as soon as possible.   

Here is some of what her mom has to say about her;

" We desperately need some assistance with her surgery.  We rescued her 8 years ago when she was just 4 weeks old. Her mother died shortly after giving birth.  She has been a blessing from day one.  We love her like a child. About a year ago she suffered from a false pregnancy and her uterus got infected. She was on antibiotics for 60 days before they could do the surgery but the vet thinks that this started then.  We have already exhausted our funds....we have already spent about 400$ on vet visits, medicine and x-rays.  I have contacted several places to apply for help but all of them have told me they have no funds. Please help me save my sweet baby!  Please any assistance would help. Thank you and God bless you"

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Peanuts Leith.
If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying
paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Peanuts’ name when making your donation.

Please, can you help us help Peanuts?

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Welcome...the best thing you can do right now is to post, post and post some more...ask your friends to share Peanut's fund raising page on IMOM on social media...there are angels everywhere.

There is a group, Pit Bull Rescue Central, here is there link

http://www.pbrc.net/email.html

look at their website, contact them, ask for funding, if they don't have funding available, ask if they can recommend someone else that might be able to help

here are a couple of other names

Onyx and Breezy Foundation

and

F.A.C.E. Financial Aid for Animals

you have all of your IMOM paperwork so you are all set to provide what they need...GOOD LUCK...post and let us know if you are able to get in touch with them and if they can help also. The more help the merrier...

It sounds as if Peanut is in a family that really loves her...tell us some stories about her...her favorite toy, does she like car rides, does she have brothers and sisters...how you got her, etc...we want to love her as much as you do...

Thank-you so much for trying to help my sweet peanuts. She isn't feeling to well tonight. She is very uncomfortable. I am starting worry about her being on steroids to long but they are I'm supposed to help the inflammation. I started noticing a couple of days ago that the swelling is getting worse and today she had bloody discharge coming from her nipples. We have already had her on antibiotics for 2 to 3 weeks trying to figure out funding for her surgery and I'm so thankful for imom and all of you caring  people out there. We decided to go ahead and take her in again tomorrow at 12:30 to get a reassessment on the situation because she seems to be getting sicker by the minute.

Edited by Ladyleith31
Wrong spelling

We did apply at Frankie's friends but they don't have a place here in Oklahoma We have also applied at Red Rover and are awaiting a reply from them and we did a GoFundMe account also which I have been sharing on Facebook constantly but we really haven't had much of a response from it. I will definitely try the other places that you suggested first thing in the morning .Thank you so much for all your help.

FUND UPDATE:  Peanuts has $100 in donations and needs $950 more!

Thank you so much Angels!  We're off to a great start for Peanuts!  Folks, Peanuts is in really bad shape, and she needs this surgery as soon as possible - can you please help?  How about someone posting a Matching Challenge?  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about Peanuts.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Peanuts Leith.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Peanuts Leith when making your donation.

Thank you all so much! 

Oh my!You people are truly Angels! As I sit here filled with emotion and tears streaming down my face ....my peanuts looks at me and thinks I'm crazy. She just got her antibiotic and steroid for the morning and are off to see the vet in about an hour. She refused her medicine this morning so we had to do it the old-fashioned way. Peanuts has 2 sisters, Roxy is 11 years old and widgey is 9 years old.They are stay in pretty close to peanuts. When we get back from the vet if I can figure out how to post some pictures on here I will ..of them playing and of peanut when she felt better and pictures of her now.Thank-you all so much for helping my peanuts! 

Edited by Ladyleith31
Wrong spelling

We just got home from the vet. He told me to wean her off the prednisone keep giving her the antibiotics and he started her on tramadol for pain. He said that as soon as we get the funds raised that he would do surgery immediately on her and that she's going to have one incision that's going to be probably 4 inches or longer on one side and another incision on the other side that would just be one to two inches long he said the recovery time would be about the same as when we got her spayed last year. So I think the pain medicine is starting to work she's panting a little bit less and seems more interested in food.imom is such a blessing. ..thank you all for all your help and concern! It is truly amazing! 

FUND UPDATE:  Peanuts has $155 in donations and needs $895 more!

Thank you for continuing to care for the Pets in Need!  Peanuts she needs this surgery soon.  Her mom took her into the vet today and now she's on pain meds so she can wait until the funds are raised for surgery.  Please, can you help her mom help Peanuts?  Please remember to SHARE all about Peanuts.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Peanuts Leith.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Peanuts Leith when making your donation.

Thank you!

I am so glad that peanut got some pain pills..now she can rest well while we work on fubd raising...let's get busy and share her story. I'll be anxious to hear after tomorrow if you had any luck with the other groups I sent you ..every bit helps. Keep up the good work if posting you're doing a great job:aktion033:

Thank you! Peanuts is resting now. She seems more comfortable now. I really appreciate all the help. I am waiting on response from Red Rover and the pit bull organizing that you referred me to tomorrow. I'm  looking at face right now. Thank you so much! 

FUND UPDATE:  Peanuts has $255 in donations and needs $795 more!

We're getting there, Peanuts.  Just hold on.  I know the Angels can get you feeling better soon.  

Please can you donate to help Peanuts?  Remember, donations of all sizes add up.  Please remember to SHARE all about Peanuts.  Let's get the word out to help her. 

To donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Peanuts Leith.  Or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Peanuts Leith when making your donation.

Thank you!

I am amazed every morning when I wake up and check imom. The people here are amazing. Ty so much for all the help! My sweet peanuts sure doesn't feel good this morning she's panting hard and crying and she won't leave my side. So I just gave her some antibiotics and a pain pill hopefully that will calm the pain down and if it doesn't then in about an hour . I will give her a steroid to make her rest better. She's such an awesome dog.. she's patiently waiting for some relief. She is my world and it's killing me to watch her suffer. Thank you all again and I'll post again soon

OK Angels, how about a good old fashioned match challenge to get things moving faster - $50 is on the table - who will take my money?  Betsy

EXCELLENT NEWS!  We have a MATCHING CHALLENGE for $50

Now's the time to make your donation double and help Peanuts.  I know she and her mom will appreciate your help and generosity. 

To donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Peanuts Leith.  Or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Peanuts Leith when making your donation.

Thank you!  Now let's take some of Betsy's money.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

All donations are doubled..win win situation!! Can't you tell how much this girl is lived..and she's having. A rough time... Let's help out, can we??

Oh my goodness! Thank you all so much!! I will definitely update as soon as I get home from work. Peanuts daddy said he would sign in this evening and tell yall some stories. Thanks again angels 

When we got home from work and gave peanuts her medicine and she seems happy to see me but she still panting pretty hard. This morning was very hard and I just set here and held her for hours she was very ill this morning....panting and crying and laying on my chest. I just cried with her. Peanuts daddy tried signing up tonight to post on here also but he is having difficulty. He hasn't received the verify email and has resent it over and over again. I really appreciate all the support and help with her surgery. I'm so ready to have my playful loving best friend back to normal. She is a very special dog. She so smart that we had to figure out how to lock the doors so she can't escape. She is definitely a escape artist. She figured out how to unlock and open doors years ago;) she loves going bye bye. ....my husband is in truck driving school and we have only applied to employers that allow her to go with us.I have so many plans for her. We are going to take her to see and smell the ocean and we want to take her to the mountains. Those are just the first 2 places on her bucket list. ...you see she is 8 years young.....usually full of energy and love. She is very protective of me.peanuts is litteraly the only thing that keeps me sane.she is my sunshine....my best friend. I would be lost without her.thank you Angeles for helping me save my sweet baby! 

She is no longer the little puppy she is all grown up. And needs help. Today was a bad day, I miss the dog that wanted nothing more out of life but to chase a stick. She has not felt good enough to play for a few weeks now. But she still wants to go outside and play, but when she gets out there she is all ready out of breath. You can see it in her eyes that she doesn't understand why she can't play stick.

FB_IMG_1461645830087.jpg

2 hours ago, Ladyleith31 said:

Oh my gosh, poor Peanuts.  I don't know if any of you all can download and watch this video, but she is in really bad shape.  We need to get these funds raised ASAP.  *Please* can someone take Betsy's $50 Matching Challenge?  And we need more donations for this poor pup.

To donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Peanuts Leith.  Or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Peanuts Leith when making your donation.

Thank you!