Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
cheri winn

Help me with Abandoned Cats

3 posts in this topic

I moved from Chicago to a small town in western nc due to a car accident. I worked for us airways for 20 years... they don't value animals here. People have dumped their unwanted pregnant cats in the woods next to my house. There have also been a few males that have shown up as well. I jumped right in. Have had them all fixed, 3 needed additional surgeries. I've rescued 21, found homes for 13. I have 7 left to adopt. I also have my own 2 cats, and a dog. Another male showed up a few days ago. I am out of money. I have vet bills, unpaid loans for several emergency situations with these cats. I am struggling every day just to feed them I need HELP!!! also homes for the remaining 7. I have gotten no help from this community and it saddens me. We also have a high kill shelter. I need help.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

If you are seeking financial assistance from IMOM, please email volunteers@imom.org

Cheri

When I was a young girl in Kansas, I lived only a mile outside of the city limits.  People were constantly dumping their dogs and cats (usually pregnant) right at the corner of our acreage.  Back then there was no Humane Society and I'm not sure if the city has one even today since I've moved away.  Some of the animals my parents took back into the city to the local vet's, but a vast majority of them met the bullet via our farmer neighbor.  The dogs would chase the cows and cause all kinds of havoc.  I don't know when it happened, but suddenly the pet dumping just came to a halt!!  Times have changed and you are an exceptional person for caring for these abandoned softies.  Have you tried contacting the local television station to do a piece on what is going on?  You'd be surprised at the response that gets with adoptions and donations.  I applaud what you are doing and am surprised that the veterinarians there are failing to assist with free services to help these abandoned pets.  Post the pix of these sweeties!!