Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sterling - 4-Year-Old Blue Rex Bunny with an Abscess Behind His Eye

70 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $697.50 in donations and needs $37.50 more!

Wow, thank you very much!  Okay $37.50 is a piece of cake compared to what it was.  I'm warming up the bananas!  Can someone *please* send in the $37.50 right away?  Maybe it's not too late for Sterling's mom to call the vet and get Sterling on the surgery schedule for tomorrow.  Please??  Otherwise, this poor bunny will have to wait until Wednesday. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sterling Wentworth.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Sterling Wentworth when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Bunny's do like bananas - Let's get some dancing for Sterling!

Bunny banana.jpg

Sterling is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank you all very much! Now Sterling can get his eye taken care of and go back to being a happy, comfortable pain-free little bunny munching on lettuce and bananas - cute picture Dawn!  Thank you very much! 

There have been a few complications with Sterling's vet.  Shawna has Sterling at another vet as we speak.  The situation is fluid at the moment and we will update you when we have more information.  

Please understand that we realize that this is a very sad change in plans and is no fault of Shawna's or IMOM.  We'll be in touch when we know more.  Thank you for your patience.

:unsure:

Cindy/IMOM

Thanks for the reply Cindy. I know you will do all you can to figure this out. I have been communicating with Shawna since before Imom accepted her case. 

I am so frustrated that the old vet did this. Shawna is at whitt's end and up in limbo. She is scared to death about what is going to happen to Sterling. I am praying that thie will all get resolved quickly, for both their sakes.

Thanks again Cindy. I will continue to share and crosspost.:heart:

I'm happy to let you all know that poor Sterling is going to have his surgery sometime in the next little bit.  The new vet is open until 12:00 midnight Pacific time, so thankfully, they are able to do the surgery tonight! :)

We'll keep you updated!!

Jamie

Oh Praise God. And thank all you angels for making it possible. I just knew that you would sort the mess out. I just got an email from Sharma that Sterling is indeed having surgery tonight (just not sure what time).

I am so relieved that this part is over. Now for Sterling to make a full recovery. That is what I am praying for.

Sterling had his surgery today, really yesterday since it is 3:00 AM on Wednesday that I am writhing this.  He did great and the bunny community has found a wonderful bunny savvy vet!!!  She even has bunnies of her own. 

I cannot say thank you enough, same for Tribble :-)  Sterling is such a wonderful boy, so loving and gentle and it means a lot to me that you all gave to save his life. 

I will give more updates later.  It has been a tumultuous week!  Now I can get some sleep knowing Sterling is recovering.

Sharma, Sterling and Tribble

Good morning from Sterling!  He says to thank ever body who was helping him get his surgery yesterday.  Although he is not happy with the tiny cone that is around his neck so that he can not harm the drain tub that is in place for the next two days.  Sterling can drink and eat even with the cone and is feeling better that I would after surgery!

Sorry I could not post updates yesterday, we were in the LA area trying to find a vet that would do the surgery for a better price but still be bunny savvy.  Even though I live only 60-70 miles from LA the traffic makes that turn into an 2-3 hour drive.... But God aand your support was with us!  We found a very good vet that did the surgery for a much lower price and practiced in exotics and even has bunnies of her own.  Dr. Pluskat's office hours are from 4:00 PM to midnight and she was able to do the surgery last night!  What luck!

Will keep you all posted through out the day on Sterling!  Hope I can get a picture for you to see too!

Sterling is doing so well!   He is trying to get his cone off just like a dog wood.  Please don't worry, he can eat and drink and it will be coming off on Friday afternoon when the vet takes the drain out.  I am amazed at how well he is feeling. 

I took a picture of him with his cone but decided not to post it ~ I think it might make people sad, but I am just so happy Sterling had this life saving procedure and didn't even affect his eye.

Thanks so much ~ I'll never be able to express the gratitude I feel for all everyone did.  From the volunteers keeping in touch with me yesterday as we searched for a vet to do the surgery ASAP with the money we could work with and the people who responded to my call for help.

I just hope that in the future I can in someway repay the kindness given to me.

Thanks you again!

Sharma, Sterling and Tribble :-)

Sterling continues to improve and the better he feels the more he tries to get his cone off.  Don't worry ~ he can eat and drink and I have been making sure he get his cecals  :-)

I will be taking Sterling to the vet tomorrow to have his drain removed.  Tribble his mate will be going too.

I will let you know how everything goes!

Thanks ~ Sharma

Good boy Sterling.  I'm so happy to hear you're healing up well.

Sterling went to the vet today to have the drain taken out.  He is feeling really good.  Tribble went with him for  moral support, she is such a good girl!

Next week Sterling will go have his stitches out.  Will keep you all posted!

Thank you ~ Sharma

Sharma,  Just checking in today to see how Sterling is progressing in his recovery.

As part of the rescue shelter world, please, please tell me you are not breeding the rabbits.  I wish Sterling and his "mate" Tribble long and healthy lives, but know there are far too many that end up in shelters.

Edited by CatPaws