Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sterling - 4-Year-Old Blue Rex Bunny with an Abscess Behind His Eye

70 posts in this topic

If we can't raise the money to save a bunny on Easter... c;mon everyone!  A beloved pet needs our help!  Skip your Starbuck's coffee on Monday and give the Easter bunny the $5 instead to help save his eye sight and get him into surgery!

IMOM angels, I just returned from being out of town and see that this sweet, sweet bunny is in need of surgery...There is $25.00 left on a matching challenge...can we make that happen today? I bet if this challenge gets met today there are more challenges just waiting to happen.....

Sterling has $405 in donations and needs $330 more!
$25 of the $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Some"Bunny"  PLEASE - let's meet this MATCHING CHALLENGE. 

It would be so perfect to get Sterling to all funds raised on Easter. 

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sterling Wentworth.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Sterling Wentworth when making your donation.

Thank you!

Sterling still has $405 in donations and still needs $330 more!
$25 of the $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

I know it's the weekend and a *holiday* weekend, but Sterling doesn't know that.  He could lose his eye or go blind.  Can someone please send in the $25 so we can complete this Matching Challenge?  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sterling Wentworth.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Sterling Wentworth when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

PLEASE help!  Sterling may run out of time.  Right now he is holding but soon his general health will be compromised. 

This surgery needs to be done tomorrow.  We just need $700 for the down payment to make it happen.

I have had bunnies all my life, not going to tell you how long that is!,

For many years I have been active in the rabbit rescue community.  At my own expense because I am not a 501 non-profit.  I was working and could afford to foster, adopt, adopt out, donate, network, transported and more.  I have a facebook page, Rex Haven.

Now I need your help, please!   I am on disability and lost my part time job. I have never been it this situation where I could not afford to give my bunnies the care they need.  It is breaking my hear to see Sterling suffer when all he needs is surgery and money is standing in the way.

Please help as soon as you can.

Thank you !

Sharma, Sterlings Mom and his mate Tribble too

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $430 in donations and needs $305 more!
$25 of Betsy's $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you all so much!  CatPaws, feel free to send in your Match!  We're really making progress now.  Let's see how quickly Betsy's Matching Challenge can be completed!  Just $25 and Betsy can send in *her* Match, and we'll be so close!  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

Thank you all so much!

My match and challenge were both paid via Paypal yesterday, Jamie.  

Thanks so much!  I was hoping to take Sterling for his surgery today.  Please help, he can't hold out much longer, only $225.00 more to go!

Edited by sharma wentworth

Thank you thank you thank you!   Almost there.  I hope I can call and make an appointment today for tomorrow!

Please!  I am so worried about Sterling!  He needs the surgery tomorrow.  Please share and help get the balance so he can!

Please share this on every social media site you can!

Edited by sharma wentworth
For some reason I cannot post new ones and want to thank people asap!

3 hours ago, CatPaws said:

My match and challenge were both paid via Paypal yesterday, Jamie.  

Ahh, I see that now!  Thank you!!  I got confused. :)

Jamie

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $460 in donations and needs $275 more!
Betsy's $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Yay!  Betsy send in those funds!  Thank you all!  Things are looking a LOT better.  Okay, we still have a little bit of work to do.  Sterling should have already *had* this surgery, so please help if you can.  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $510 in donations and needs $225 more!

Thank you, thank you!  Once Betsy sends in her match, all we'll need is $175!  Come on, I know we can do this for poor Sterling.  He has to be uncomfortable, poor baby, and at any time he can go blind or his eye could pop out.  And the longer this waits, the worse his condition gets, and also that adds expense to the treatment/surgery.  Please help this poor little guy.  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

Thank you all so much!

Sterling has $510 in donations and needs $225 more!

Hop to it!  Sterling needs his surgery and we area getting close.  Not sure if bunnies like bananas, but it's about time we showed Sterling his first ever dancing bananas. 

Every"bunny" please remember that all size donations add up and to SHARE all about Sterling on all the social media sites.

You can also add your own "puny" bunny saying while we get Sterling to all funds raised - I'm all ears!

To donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Sterling Wentworth.  If you prefer, you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for Sterling Wentworth.

Thank you all so much!

Oh Bunnies LOVE bananas! Mine were able to smell it as soon I broke one off the bunch. Had to share half my banana with them! Let's go angels... I know you can do this. Did you know that bunnies are the 3rd most popular pet after cats and dogs?

They can be trained to use litter boxes, trained to run an obstacle coarse just like agility dogs!

Please help Sterling become healthy again. :bunny:

OK, matching funds sent in.  Only $175 needed.  Come on angels, I'm going to issue another $50 challenge to get things moving.  Someone please take my money!!!   Betsy

I've been frantically checking all day to post a matching challenge....Betsy I'll take your money!! Going over to pay right now!! I did see that Sterling's Momma has been online also...I'm guessing she's been trying to get on the forum also...

ANGELS...we've lost nearly all day today...please, please, let's get this bunny the help he needs...His Momma is doing everything she should...working on outside funding...posting...telling stories...AND she ran a bunny rescue. She has helped others, can't we help her??

Edited by Judy

YIPPEEE!  Fastest matching challenge I've ever been involved in.  Funds sent.  Come on angels, get hopping!!!!

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $660 in donations and needs $75 more!

Oh my gosh, thank you thank you!  Okay, all we need now is $75.  I *know* we can do this!  Let's cross the finish line for poor Sterling.  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

Thank you all so much!

Oh thank you thank you thank you!   Just $75 more to go and i can call and make an appointment for Sterling.

I hope we can make it today for tomorrow!

Please and thank you~

Sharma, Sterling's Mom, Tribble, Sterling's mate and of course Sterling himself!

I might give the vet a heads up and tell him where you are with money, you don't want to be a pest but it won't hurt..