Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sterling - 4-Year-Old Blue Rex Bunny with an Abscess Behind His Eye

70 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Retrobulbar abscess - infection behind his left eye.
Down Payment for surgery: $700 (total cost of surgery low end is $1,520.25.)
Plus 5% of $700 for IMOM operating expenses: $35
Fundraising goal: $735
Caseworker: Jamie

Owner's contribution: $820.25 - Owner is working on securing funds for the remainder.  Surgery can happen after down payment is made.

Sterling is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!  Donations No Longer Needed!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sterling Wentworth.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Sterling Wentworth when making your donation.

Thank you!

Sterling Wentworth.jpg

Sterling is a 4-year-old Blue Rex bunny.  His Mom adopted him 3 years ago. Two weeks ago she noticed his eyelid was red and took him to a local vet, who put him on an antibiotic. Unfortunately, Sterling's eye is getting much worse, and he needs surgery as soon as possible.  Yesterday, her regular vet put him on pain meds to help with the pain. The longer Sterling waits for surgery, the worse his eye will get.  His eye could pop out or he could go blind; and there is the possibility of systemic infection.  We really need to get this poor bunny into surgery ASAP.

Here is what Sterling's Mom has to say:  "I adopted Sterling 3 years ago, he is a Blue Rex and is is super sweet. He has a mate that adores him, her name is Tribble. I love them very much and it is breaking my heart to not have the funds to give Sterling the care he needs."

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Sterling Wentworth.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Sterling's name when making your donation.

Can you help us help Sterling?

Thank you!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Rabbits are VERY good at hiding their pain. The thing with rabbits is that they can deteriorate rapidly. IF this infection is not taken care of NOW, or he will probably need an enucleation. Rabbits do very well with only one eye but if the infection is not controlled, it could also lead to septicemia. 

I am so sorry I can't help out financially but I will pray and help spread the word. Sharma is a great bunny mom and loves Sterling so much.

Please help. Look in your pockets, your couch, etc. No amount is too small. Please help him before it's too late :bunny:

Folks, 

This owner is absolutely desperate to find help for this bunny.  If you can find anything to spare, please consider giving him the best Easter gift a bunny could get and donate:  just go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Sterling Wentworth.

We appreciate any assistance you can give.  Thanks, Angels!

Cindy/IMOM

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $50 in donations and needs $685 more!

Thank you so much Angels!  Folks, we really really need to get Sterling in for surgery as soon as possible - this is urgent.  Sterling's Mom has been trying to get on the forum to post but as we all know, sometimes in the beginning the forum can be a little tricky.  But she's trying, and she *really* loves Sterling.  Can you please help?  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about Sterling.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Sterling Wentworth.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Sterling Wentworth when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $125 in donations and needs $610 more!

Yay, thank you so much Angels!  We're off to a great start for Sterling!  Sterling's Mom is starting to figure out how to get around on the forum!  She really needs our help - Sterling should have already had this surgery, so we really need to get to All Funds Raised quickly.  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about sterling.

Thank you all so much!

Sterling's mate Tribble is staying by his side and comforting him.. Tribble is a very relaxed bunny so I took her to the vet with Sterling yesterday for support and she was so good at  keeping  him calm!

Edited by sharma wentworth

I just turned 50 on 3/25 so I'm putting out a matching challenge for $50!  Anyone want to take my money?

-Jaz

MATCHING CHALLENGE for $50!!!  

Sterling has $280 in donations and needs $455 more!

What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday! 

Here's your chance, Angels.  Come double your donation of any size.  They all add up double quick.  Lets make this happen for Sterling.  This poor bun-bun.  He can't wait for long.  PLEASE share all about Sterling on all your social media sites.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, DabcoJazWhif said:

I just turned 50 on 3/25 so I'm putting out a matching challenge for $50!  Anyone want to take my money?

-Jaz

Belated Happy Birthday to you.   We've taken your challenge this morning, and issue an additional challenge of $50 in honor of Connie, a friend in California who shares your birthday.    

How can I resist such a cute bunny AND a challenge?  I see your $50 challenge CatPaws and issue another $50 challenge as well.  Who will take my money?  Betsy

ANOTHER MATCHING CHALLENGE for $50!!!  

Sterling has $330 in donations and needs $405 more! 

Another chance to double your donation.  Continue to share all about Sterling on all your social media sites.

Thank you!

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $355 in donations and needs $380 more!
$25 of the $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Yay, thank you!  We're making great progress!  Let's see if we can get this poor bunny to All Funds Raised this afternoon!  Who will take part or the rest of the Matching Challenge?  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

Thank you all so much!

Thank you Catpaws!  My match has been submitted. :)

C'mon angels!  we've got matching challenges out there!  Double your money!

FUND UPDATE:  Sterling has $405 in donations and needs $330 more!
$25 of the $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Yay, thank you Jaz!  Okay we really need someone to send in $25 to finish off the current Matching Challenge - who's it going to be?  Sterling really needs our help.  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about poor Sterling.

Thank you all so much!

I told Sterling and Tribble how nice people were by donating for his surgery ;-)  Don't think he understood tho.  But I do, and thanks so very much!

2012-06-26 21.47.36.jpg

Let's go angels - Sterling needs our help.  Just waiting for someone to take my money B) Betsy

Edited by ABQBets