Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Capone Needs Surgery for Tumors

99 posts in this topic

Poor sweetie.  I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear how things went and what the vet thinks.  Belly rubs sent to Capone.

This is very sad for me and I didn't want to have to come on here and write this but as happy as I was to be getting the surgury and seeing him on his way to being well .....the fine needle aspirations look like mast cell on his paw :( he's unsure of the one on his chest....cbc will be back wed.

We do not know the grade as of yet until after the surgury and he can get the biopsy...

He basically told me with the surgury he can't get the margins he needs to remove all the cancer so his only chance with this kind of cancer is chemo....if he survives the surgury at that because mast cell cancer is very dangerous going under anesthesia....

I thought before hand if this was cancer we'd try alternative treatments but this mast cell he said I will not have a chance :( 

So .....we brought him home and we're still going ahead with the surgury as these masses are causing him pain and breathing problems. 

I did not expect this at all because our first vet said he was 99% sure the mass on his paw was benign.

This is devastating news for us as we are already going to be struggling to pay off the 1500 we owe for the mass removals.

Very sad day I wish I had better news to share :(

My heart is breaking for you.  I am so sorry. 

21 minutes ago, LyndaBeckler said:

Now we all need to start praying!

Thank You Lynda♡ I've been ....he's such a young spirit I had no idea he even had cancer :( The first vet thought the one on his chest behaved like one but he said no way of knowing until biopsy he asked how's his appetite, bathroom habits ,energy level I said normal nothing really off except for pain in his paw ....He said well if it was cancer I'd see some changes starting but nothing :( he is not showing being I'll at all until just recent..

I have 2 other dogs as well and all 3 are like big puppies capone keeps up with them my 2 black ones are 3 yrs younger brother and sister Rescued from nyc.

Screenshot_2015-09-29-00-03-41.png

So still waiting on blood work to come back ....had a hiccup with vet of sorts and hope that will be sorted out soon ..

Been doing some research on mast cell trying to educate myself as much as possible....it's a lot to take in ! And trying to read all of this with dislexia is no fun but we're hanging in :)

I started capone on the tumeric as suggested (low dose) and building up.

Fish oil with omega 3 low dose again .

And going to be starting on something I'm still in the process of researching.

Thought I'd share a pic of capone below for everyone :)

We got a new emergency foster in last night ....so much for Easter lol but he's so worth it ♡ and he's safe. His name is Tazz pic below.

I have been out of town and I only assumed that all was well with Capone...sending you positive thoughts and prayers...I want to be upbeat and be there to listen and lift your spirits on this journey...

Thank you, I'm still trying to get this down payment together. It was a matter of miscommunication...I figured the money going twards the vet in charge of the surgury is what was needed,and my debit card for the payment plan through the finance company. I'm still unsure of why they can't kick it back to me if the payment plan is not in effect until the surgury... very frustrating to say the least...and you would think why didn't they let imom know this as well when they had a phone conversation in regards that you were sending in Capone's down payment....Yeah I Def need some lifting because ugh to much

So sorry to hear about Capone. Don't give up. So glad to hear you started him on the turmeric. Please continue with it and don't stop. It might not cure the cancer but I have heard of extending many years of good life.

Update:::  I finally was able to get Financials figured out ,so glad that's out of the way.

The vet wanted me to to start capone on 50mg of benadryl 3x daily before surgury tomorrow so he's been on that the past 2 days and a little out of it and sleepy but seems to be ok .

Have to call the vet in a bit and get blood work results to get a go for tomorrows surgury. So fingers crossed all is well internally.

Until then..♡

Sending positive thoughts and prayers

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed up here on the Arctic Ocean. 

Thanks for the update.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes...

Capone held up yesterday pretty well. Vet said surgury went well. He seems to be in a lot of pain today. ....He can get another pain med around 8am so we're counting hours. 

We have to go back in 5 days for a bandage change on his paw so I have not seen it yet to comment.

All in all I think it went well. ♡