Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Capone Needs Surgery for Tumors

99 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Mass on paw and ribs
Down Payment for surgery: $844
5% of $844 for IMOM operating expenses: $43
Fundraising goal: $887

Neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Dawn

Owner's contribution: $1521 - vet is offering a payment plan for this remainder.  Surgery can happen after down payment is made.

FUND UPDATE:  Capone has ALL FUNDS RAISED

Capone is a 9 year old pit bull with 2 tumors that need to be surgically removed.

There is a painful benign mass on his paw and a mass under his rib, which is large and causing him breathing problems.   He needs a CBC, fine needle aspirates, and then surgery.

Here is some of what his mom has to say about him;

"Capone is a 9 yr old blue pitty that is so amazing. He adores cats and dogs and anyone he meets falls in love with him because of his big smile and wagging tail and larger than life personality he's my protector and best friend♡.

I am a single mom and I only work part time. Capone's masses were small at the time and I didn't address them because of my financial situation and used the wait and watch approach which I regret because these masses that started off slow and small are now in 3 months time large and effecting his everyday, He can't take the stairs because the tumor gets in the way and the one on his chest is causing him breathing issues and had I had them removed when they were smaller it wouldn't have been so expensive. I have a payment plan set up through the vet but I need to raise money for the down payment in order to do the surgery. If you can help in any way It would mean the world to me as I'm currently watching his larger than life personality fade away :( "

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Capone Przybylak
If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying
paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Capone's name when making your donation.

It is humbling to be able to help people save their pets they love so dearly. 

Can you help us help Capone?

Thank you!

Capone Przybylak photo (Small).png

Edited by Dawn IMOM

WELCOME TO IMOM! It's a wonderful place and full of people that care...

The best thing you can do is post, post and then post some more...communication is most important...tell us stories about your boy, by the way he's quite beautiful...

here are a couple of other sources for funding...

Pit Bull Rescue Central - they will help with pit bulls and pit mixes...

and

FACE financial aid for animals

you have done your paperwork for IMOM so I would imagine you have all or most required for these others groups...do an internet search for their financial aid page...

GOOD LUCK...looking forward to hearing from you and stories about your special boy

Can you please help Capone?  His Mom said he can't take the stairs because the tumor gets in the way, and the one on his chest is causing him breathing issues.  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Capone Przybylak.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Capone Przybylak when making your donation.

Thank you all so much! 

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I wish I could afford to give at this time but I can't. But Please read this about turmeric it could help. It is great for the immune system and for inflammation. My dog and husband both had cysts and within a few days it took care of them and I know it has helped people with cancer. I give it to my dog twice a day in organic canned pumpkin. Here is just a few of links to start with. I use organic turmeric root that I get at a Natural grocery store.

I would also make sure he is on a good grain free dog food nothing from the grocery store. Turmeric really is amazing I have seen the results. They have

http://www.earthclinic.com/pets/turmeric2.html#tumors

http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/stories/the-amazing-health-benefits-of-turmeric

http://www.ehow.com/list_6190172_health-benefits-turmeric-dogs.html#close

http://yourolddog.com/benefits-turmeric-dogs/

Edited by rocody

Rocody.....Thank you so much, I completely understand tough times.It means a lot that you read his story and offered advice ♡ 

I'm happy to hear that,I was doing some reading the other day, I went to an Indian store and got a bag I'm not sure if this is the same? I'll attach a pic . I also got some organic coconut oil . I just need to fig out how much to give. Capone is 84lbs. I will read on those links in a bit ...Thank you for the help

:) update: not letting me upload pics?

Edited by Shawna1018

Alrighty IMOM Angel Army ~ It is

match-challenge_zps7a4db906.jpg

time!  I will match the next $100 that comes in.  Turn your $1 into $2.  

Who'll be the first to take my challenge?

Excellent News!

We have a $100 MATCHING CHALLENGE.  What a great way to start Fund Raising. 

Who'll be first to double their donation.  Time to get the IMOM Angels doing what they do best - helping pets in need.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Capone Przybylak.  If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Capone Przybylak when making your donation.

Hi

To save time. I know how that is. This link gives dosage

Feed turmeric, start with a few sprinkles of the dry powder on your dog's food and observe for any allergic reaction. If your dog seems OK, small breeds can get 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon, and larger breeds up to 2 teaspoons per day. A good rule of thumb is no more than 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight.

I have seen this dosage as well on other sites.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6190172_health-benefits-turmeric-dogs.html#close

I have a shihtzu, Molly and she is 15 lbs. I give her a little heaping 1/8 teaspoon twice a day (with her breakfast and evening meal). Give Capone a hug for me

Edited by rocody

Me again. Sorry I forgot to mention. With that turmeric it is VERY IMPORTANT TO ADD SOME BLACK PEPPER. I have a pepper mill and grind it fresh. If you could get an organic or grind it that would be the best. The black pepper helps to enhances the benefits and stays in the system longer.

http://www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-benefits/health-benefits-of-black-pepper-and-turmeric

Friends, through the many emails Capone's mom has sent us, we could not help but realize just how much he is loved.  She desperately wants to save his life but cannot do it on her own.  If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation or if you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Just don't forget to indicate for Capone Przybylak when making your donation.   

Thank, Angels.  Capone thanks you too!  :beagle:

Cindy/IMOM

Thanks so much .Im still trying to navigate my way through this site. 

It has been a very trying time for us. Btw the divorce and taking on a lesser paying job to work with my sons schedule and trying to keep our family stable and furbabies happy and healthy on my income. I'm taking on more contracts to help out with that and finding a vet such as i have is well.. no words!! And then finding your site through our rescue channels♡♡♡ I'm beyond greatful!! 

This is the first time I'm on the receiving end of donations as I explained in my emails...I have an emergency foster in my care as we speak!! Among other things I have going on with lost and found sites doing searches ect... but I'm sure a lot of members do the same as we have the same love for helping animals in need. 

I can't say enough about Capone he's the best and the sweetest soul ;) he's my baby....I always say he should be the poster child for all pits lol they have such a bad stigma because of media /Uneducated owners..Capone is gentle..happy go lucky and ugh would let someone rob us blind haha but his nature and love for all humans/creatures big and small >loves my ratty :) I don't know if there is anything in my power I wouldn't do to try and keep him by my side. Which is why I have been reaching out to organization after organization trying to seek help and looked forever it seems to find a vet to work with me and again I can't thank you enough and the members here. I finally have hope that he will be his once vibrant goofy self again. I know this is a journey and it may not be a fix all because of his age and health issues going on but knowing I did the best for him is enough for me 

Once again we thank you and the members here as I see a lot of pets are saved through donations through this site and I plan on paying it forward once I'm able to help another furbaby in need . :) take care 

Please help get the word out so we can help Capone's family get their baby healthy again.     My match-challenge_zps7a4db906.jpg is still available.  My poor $$$ is getting sooooo cold up here in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska........

match-challenge.jpg.5a409d021c1b46c048c5

FUND UPDATE:  Capone has $10 and needs $877 more!
$10 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you so much!  Okay, who will be next to take part or all of the Matching Challenge?  Capone is not in very good shape; can you please help?  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

5 hours ago, Jamie K. - IMOM said:

Thank you so much!  Okay, who will be next to take part or all of the Matching Challenge?  Capone is not in very good shape; can you please help?  If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

Thank you all so much!

Sorry still new to this ,was trying to find out who donated to thank them I just seen the amt but no name ? Tried looking for a tutorial but I couldn't find one...

6 hours ago, Jamie K. - IMOM said:

Thank you all so much!

Thank you so much for your donation it means a lot ♡

FUND UPDATE:  Capone has $130 and needs $757 more!
The Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you, Angels!   Capone is such a cutie pie all snuggled up with his blankie.  Let's help his mom make sure he is around for a long time.  !  Remember that donations of all sizes add up  and PLEASE SHARE (much better than just clicking "Like") on all social media sites - get the word out about Capone.

To donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - note for Capone Przybylak.  Or, you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate for Capone Przybylak when making your donation.

Thank you for all your support and care!  I know many of the Angels have missed helping the pets who need critical care.  It's good to be helping them again. 

OMG you guys are AMAZING!!! :aktion033: this completely made my morning..You have no idea how much this means to us. Been a long night at work and coming home to cleaning his tumor and bandaging and pain meds and checking this site and seeing your donations is .....Yeah I teared up lol thank You so much to all that have donated and imom ♡ I will give him kisses and hugs from you all :) 

Edited by Shawna1018

5 hours ago, Dawn IMOM said:

FUND UPDATE:  Capone has $130 and needs $757 more!
The Matching Challenge has been met!

Woo hoo!   Matching funds are on their way.