Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
cabovictor

Cabo's knee surgerie's

2 posts in this topic

Hi! My name is Courtney and I have an AMAZING 17 month old Pitbull named Cabo. He is my baby and means everything to me. After appointment after appointment we finally just found out that Cabo was born with a growth plate defect in both of his knees. Cabo is in a lot of pain and most days cant get on or off the couch or bed or in or out of the car with out help. Cabo is currently taking an anti-inflammatory/pain med twice a day until we get surgery scheduled. Cabo will be going to his pre-op appointment in 10 days and we are so excited to get things moving so that my baby can finally be pain free! However, I am still struggling to get the money together as this surgery is going to cost a little over 3,000 dollars a knee. Cabo will be having surgery on one knee at a time and the surgeries will be 8-12 weeks apart. During surgery they will be removing as much arthritis as possible, mending his torn ACL, and most importantly mending his growth plates together which were never apply to mend together them self.

Sincerely, Courtney and Cabo!

post-38914-0-81808800-1453317334_thumb.j

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Hi Courtney and Cabo -

I'm sorry that Cabo will have to have knee surgery. However, only applicants approved by IMOM may solicit funds on the IMOM forum.

If you are interested in applying to IMOM for assistance, you can email us at volunteers@imom.org

Paws crossed for successful surgeries for your pup.