Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Tommy McCartney - 6 y/o kitty who needs teeth pulled.

8 posts in this topic

Today, IMOM was able to pledge $515 to help Tommy McCartney, a 6 y/o kitty with severe stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontitis. Tommy is FIV + as well. After full mouth extractions, Tommy should finally be able to begin recovery and the road to a pain free future.

Here’s what Tommy’s mom had to say about him: “ I have never felt so close to a cat as I do to my Tommy. He’s just so sweet and smart and always minds. He never, for the whole time I’ve had him, jumped onto places where he shouldn’t go. He always understands what I’m saying to him. Like today I told him I was going to give him his medicine when I got finished putting something away. He went to hide in the shower. Pretty smart, huh?”

Thank you Angels for all the hope and help you have given countless Pets in Need and their owners.

post-22479-0-55190000-1409090886_thumb.j

2 people like this

Tommy's Mom ~ Our 20+ year old kitty Cammie has been doing well without teeth for the past 6 or 7 years or so. She eats regular food still -- even crunchies. But, she really loves Gerber baby food. Ask your vet if its okay (ours says it is). As long as the baby food does not contain onion or garlic, our vet says it's fine -- not ideal, but fine.

I hope Tommy recovers quickly.

1 person likes this

This message was sent by Tommy's mom today:

"I never knew there was such a thing known as IMom, I was faced with $915 expense and didn't know where the money would come from. My friend found this site on the web and we followed it thru and still can't believe it. My little Tommy is right now with the Vet getting that horrible disease of gingavitis out of his mouth and his system. Thank you so very much all of you at IMom and God Bless you all."

2 people like this

Sent by Tommy's mom early this morning:

Tommy is back home again. His surgery went very good but it did take 2 hrs. He's still not competely

recovered from all the medicine they gave him, better after a good nights sleep. More info tomorrow.

My name is Sandy, and I'm sending this for Mary McCartney as her e-mail is not working.

Tommy had his surgery, all teeth extracted except two bottom teeth in front, on Thursday, 8/28/2014. When he came home, he seemed to feel quite good except for being a little wobbly on his feet. On Friday, he was fine, in no apparent pain, and eating very well. On Saturday and Sunday, he was the same. Today, Monday, he is fine. He is eating so much food and not hiding any more. What a relief! The way he is eating, I think he will gain back the weight he lost very quickly.

He is so precious, and Mary is so happy and thankful to iMOM for the help. She loves her cat so much, and so do I.

5 people like this

Tommy's mom is having trouble posting to the forum so she emailed us this yesterday:

Day 1- Tommy went to the animal hospital around 7:45 am, my daughter took him in. The Dr started getting him ready for his surgery and then we went and picked him up around 5:30 pm, don't know why it took so long, but no problems occured. We took our little drunk wobbley cat home, call him that cause of the medicine they gave him he couldn't walk right.

Day 2- Wow am I sure this is the right cat we brought home, what a difference! He looked as if he wanted to play. And we were so happy when he ate a jar of baby food.

Day 3- Tommy still very happy and still eating, in fact I gave him a special treat! I had a can of ground chicken patty and put it with some chicken gravy in my blender and turned it all into liquid. He loved this.

Day 4- The Dr wanted to see Tommy today to make sure he was healing up okay. So we took him in and Dr was very pleased. Has to go back again in 2 weeks.

Day 5- Today it seemed as if he just couldn't get enough to eat, he had like 3 containers of food and then I wet down some kitten chow, and he ate that as well. When he goes back for his nect re-check I for sure want them to weigh him, bet he's gonna get big now.

So that's it for now. Just want to thank everyone at IMOM and everywhere else, You indeed are all angels! Thank you.

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM
1 person likes this