Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
tsikalis

OBBIE WATSON - Multiple Myeloma - Needs Chemotherapy

4 posts in this topic

Obbie is a beautiful Border Collie/Chow mix that needs our help. She has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma (plasma cell) cancer. The Magic Bullet Fund has been raising money for Obbie, but she still needs help. Please visit the Magic Bullet Fund's website to make a donation.

You can go directly to the Obbie's donation page using the "donate for this dog" button below. Remember that 100% of all donations go to the treatments of the dogs.

DonTxt.gifMembers, please type IMOM into the “instructions for seller” (or recipient) box during the donations.

http://www.themagicbulletfund.org/

ObbieWatsonFamily.gifObbieWatson.gif

Below is Obbie's story written by her mommy Barbara Watson of Winooski, VT.

Obbie came into my life nine years ago when I adopted her from a wonderful rescue group. She's a very independent spirit and has been an inspiration to me when I've had some rough bumps in the road. Especially when I was told that I needed to apply for disability because I could no longer work. The worst thing was when Obbie became sick for the first time in her life. She was diagnosed with cancer. Of course being Obbie, she couldn't have lymphoma or a tumor. It's Multiple Myeloma (plasma cell) cancer, which is very uncommon for a dog to get!

I was devastated when I got this news. My first thought was, “I don't know how I'm going to pay for the medicine that will help her, but I can't NOT do everything possible for her. I have to find a way to provide her with the quality of care she deserves.” I'm on a limited income, so without financial assistance I will not be able to afford the very expensive drug that helps with Obbie's type of cancer.

I searched for anyone who could help us, with assistance for Obbie’s her medical bills. And I found out about the Magic Bullet Fund online and applied for assistance. I sincerely appreciate that the fund is going to help us, and I will greatly appreciate any help we get to give Obbie the care she deserves. Thank you to everyone for your support and assistance, from the bottom of our hearts.

Edited by tsikalis

Yesterday was a chemo day for Obbie. We started it off by going on a hike and boy was she frisky! It was so wonderful to see her almost like her old self- playing with another dog AND harassing her brother. Even though her sight is not the best at times now, she still has to lead us where we're going-although she does return to us more often to make sure we're still behind her. It was a beautiful day, but she did get tired quite a bit sooner,and started relinquishing the lead to her brother near the end of the hike. And she was pretty mellow for the rest of the day. But it was a good day for me to remember and we're stocking up on all those kinds of days that I can. I know that without the help of organizations like the Magic Bullet Fund, and without donations from people like you, that I probably would not have had a good day like yesterday or at the very least not many more to look forward to. Obbie is my inspiration to overcome my own obstacles AND to live each day completely and fully. Enjoy every moment of every day for what it's worth even if that moment isn't the greatest because it's a moment of life! Thank you all for your donations and your help. I am so grateful to all of you for helping me have these good days with Obbie for as long as possible.

post-32031-0-70619500-1409066880_thumb.j

Edited by Bwats

We have been able to raise $840 for Obbie! Thanks to everyone that took the time to read about Obbie and help out!

Sign in to follow this