Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

tsikalis

BRUISER HOFMANN - Lymphoma - Needs Chemotherapy

9 posts in this topic

Bruiser is a wonderful pit bull that needs help with his chemo treatments for lymphoma found on his neck. He has been in the Magic Bullet Fund for some time but still needs help raising funds for his treatments. Please help Bruiser with a donation to the Magic Bullet Fund.

You can go directly to the Bruiser's donation page using the "donate for this dog" button below. Remember that 100% of all donations go to the treatments of the dogs.

DonTxt.gifMembers, please type IMOM into the “instructions for seller” (or recipient) box during the donations.

http://www.themagicbulletfund.org/

BruiserHofmann.gifBruiserHofmannFamily.gif

Below is Bruiser's story written by his parents, Carl and Danielle Hofmann, of Dover PA.

Hi, my name is Bruiser Hofmann. My vet told my mommy and daddy that I have cancer, Lymphoma to be exact. My family is very sad but they want me to fight. I’m ready to fight, I’m a tough boy! I love my family and I love life but we need help with my chemotherapy treatments.

A couple weeks ago, mommy was scratching my neck, which feels so good it makes me smile, and found 2 lumps. She told daddy and we went to the vet a few days later, on July 8. On July 17, 2014, it was confirmed through biopsy that I have Lymphoma. We were scared because we do not have the money for treatment but I’m so young and strong. The oncologist said I only need 12 weeks of chemo but it’s still really expensive. My parents cannot afford it without help from this wonderful foundation and caring people who want to help.

My dad found Magic Bullet by doing a Google search for associations that help with canine cancer. He liked what he saw and decided to apply, knowing I cannot have treatment without help. My mom had back surgery last year and didn’t work for almost a year. Dad was in a car accident 2 years ago and has had 2 surgeries because of that. It’s been hard and bills pile up.

The wonderful people at Magic Bullet Fund offered to help and we are eternally grateful for that. Please help me fight this. Donations are our only hope and we will all be forever thankful for any help given. Your generosity will never be forgotten. Thank you for reading my story.

Edited by tsikalis
Added "donate for this dog" button.

Bruiser is such a beauty. His dad, Carl, will post here very soon.

7-year-old Pit bull

Lymphoma

Chemotherapy

In MBF: 7/28/14

Campaign Ends 8/28/14

We have Carl busy doing an interview for the local TV station, to reach out to his local community for donations too! We need to get this sweet boy through chemotherapy.

* Please type IMOM into the "Instructions for Seller" box!

DonTxt.gif

Carl would love to answer any questions you have about Bruiser, he LOVES to talk about Bruiser!

Laurie

Hi! I'm Bruiser's mommy Danielle. Thank you for this wonderful post! Sorry it took so long to post on here but it's been such a roller coaster ride of emotions and so much to do! Bruiser had his 4th treatment today and he's exhausted! He's snoring nice and loud. I love that sound! The vet said he is still in remission, has not lost anymore weight and his lymph nodes are still shrinking. That's the best news! Carl and I are so grateful for all the donations and the prayers and thoughts we have received. If it wasn't for this foundation, I don't think we could have gotten Bruiser the treatment he is getting. Anything you need to know about my boy, just let me know. Carl and I are happy to talk anytime about Bruiser. He's such a joy in our life, I don't know what we would do without him. Have a great night!!

I love seeing that! The donations are so wonderful and we are so appreciative. Bruiser is very sleepy again today, his treatment yesterday must have really worn him out.

Bruiser is so handsome!! I really wish we could donate this week but we just moved and it seems to be getting more and more expensive each time :(

So sorry to hear about Bruiser's lymphoma and so young too! 12 weeks of chemo and then a retest? I apologize but I do not know much about canine cancer...After 12 weeks, if all is clear, then is Bruiser complete with chemo? Or can it come back later on in life?

IMOM is a great place to hang out and is full of support! There are also support groups on yahoo - I believe. Perhaps someone else can swing by and supply those links, although I am sure you could probably just google them.

We all love stories and pics too! So feel free to brag away; in fact, it is both encouraged and eagerly anticipated here!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Hugs to that handsome, brave boy :heart:

Gab

Sorry I haven't posted in the last couple days. Thanks for your kind words! Bruiser's total treatment is 12 weeks. We caught it very early so the vet said he doesn't need the full 24 weeks of chemo. He was officially in remission after 3 treatments but he still has to have the full amount of chemo. It's always possible the cancer can come back and unfortunately if it does, that's that. He won't be able to have chemo again, just radiation and pain management. I'm really hoping it doesn't come back but I've accepted the reality of it. All the donations have been so appreciated. We even had an anonymous donation directly to the vet's office for $1000! We have no idea who donated the money and they don't want us to know so I respect that. It's just amazing how strangers have opened their hearts to us. I am generally a cynical person but this has made me change the way I see people now.

I'll have more pictures soon. We just gave Bruiser a bath, so he's nice and fluffy! He's sitting here with me as I type this. I can't imagine him not being here. I don't know what I'd do if we couldn't have gotten him treatment. We lost a dog, Spencer, almost 3 years ago and it was so heartbreaking. I still cry a little when I think about him. Spencer was almost 13 when we had to put him down. He was very sick and lived a good long life but we still miss him so much. I don't want to go through that with Bruiser, not yet anyway. He's only 6 and has so much life ahead of him.

Thanks again!

Danielle

xoxoxo

Bruiser's fundraising campaign has come to an end at the Magic Bullet Fund. Thanks again to everyone that helped!