Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

9 posts in this topic

Pearl is in the Magic Bullet Fund and needs additional help. Please help Pearl with a donation. You can read about Pearl and see the fundraising drive at the Magic Bullet Fund's website with the link below. I have also included a direct link to donate to Pearl's treatment. 100% of the donation goes to Pearl!

DonTxt.gifMembers, please type IMOM into the “instructions for seller” (or recipient) box during the donations.

www.themagicbulletfund.org

PearlMcGee.gif PearlMcGeeFamily.gif

Below is also Pearl's story written by her mommy.

My girl Pearl was diagnosed with lymphoma on the 13th of June 2014. She was so sick that I was going to put her down, but our vet referred us to a Veterinary Oncologist in Glendale, AZ and then I decided that I had to try to fight for Pearl.

She had one chemo shot, and the next week she had three chemo pills. Pearl has gone into partial remission but already but I cannot afford to continue her treatments. I have changed Pearl’s diet. She no longer eats dog food, she eats a human diet now. My 7-year-old Chocolate Lab Rusty does also, who has seizures but has had no seizures at all since the diet change. There is a big difference for the better in both dogs. Their coats look gorgeous!

I am a widow since August, 2013. Alzheimer's disease took my husband and my income is cut more than half since his death. I just cannot afford to pay the chemo bills but I charged the bills for the first 2 treatments. I get a 5% “widow`s military discount” from Pearl`s Oncologist because my husband was in the Navy and was a 100% Disabled Veteran. He was in the Korean War and a War Hero.

I am asking everyone who reads this to please help me pay Pearl`s chemo bills to restore her “healthy life” back to her. Please help me and Pearl. We will be so grateful for you gracious help. You will be saving a beautiful life that is so young.

Edited by tsikalis
Added Donate for this Dog button.

Pearl's mom Margie will be here soon to write to you all. There was a great article about Pearl on her local TV news - here is the link See Pearl on TV News!

Good morning Angels, please be sure to check out Pearl's story and if you can, donate so Pearl can have more time with her mom. Be sure to wait around after your donation and link to IMOM so they know where you saw the story... Betsy

1 person likes this

YAY! I finally I am on. I am really glad to be here and hope I didn`t waste too much precious time from the 8th until now (the 12th); as we only have 4 days for poor Pearl to raise funds at: http://www.themagicbulletfund.org/DogsNeedFunds.shtml There also is nice news video that local channel 12 (Phoenix) did on Pearl, please watch it, you will like it. I want to personally thank everyone who gave to Pearl and who will. Love from both of us. Margie & Pearl

1 person likes this

welcome, Margie. Rottie lover here. I sent what I could to help Pearl. How is her partial remission progressing?

Hi "Rottie Lover" Thank you so much, I am doing what I can to keep her "there" nutritionally and I want to thank you so much for doing what you could to keep her there also, it means so much to me; you don`t know. She goes to the Oncologist next Thursday and I will let you know how she is doing. I wish I could thank all of the people who gave but some are anonymous and some I will never know who they are. Thanks again.

Hi "Rottie Lover" Thank you so much, I am doing what I can to keep her "there" nutritionally and I want to thank you so much for doing what you could to keep her there also, it means so much to me; you don`t know. She goes to the Oncologist next Thursday and I will let you know how she is doing. I wish I could thank all of the people who gave but some are anonymous and some I will never know who they are. Thanks again.

Hoagie here (I'm a pittie pup about 2 years old), and I just want you to know I'm pulling for Pearl. I'm sorry you lost your hubby last year, and know that can't be easy. But I also know pups like Pearl and me, are great medicine for the mind. Please keep me informed. I'm a pup who wants to know. My dad will read your posts to me.

Hi Hoagie & all; Pearl is no longer with The Magic Bullet Fund; I am going to another website (The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund) I am not there yet. Pearl is in partial remission and there are no lumps and it is 8/18/14. She goes to the Oncologist on Thurs. and I will get back to all with good news (I HOPE). I am convinced that diet plays a gigantic part in cancer. I am feeding Pearl a human diet and I swear that is improving her odds, plus supplements. Thank all of you for reading my posts and good wishes to all. Margie & Pearlpost-31836-0-30352600-1408415381_thumb.j

Hi to all that read Pearl`s story; she had two small grape sized lumps under her left jaw yesterday (8/21/14) at her Oncologist`s visit. She has three more treatments in the series of chemo to go. I will let you all know how the "sweet heart" is doing. It is funny how the funds disappear in a "flash". Next time ???$$$

Hope all of you have a wonderful outcome with your pets. Margie & Pearl

Edited by rotteze4me
update 8/22/14
1 person likes this

Pearl's fundraising campaign has come to an end at the Magic Bullet Fund. We have raised $2055.00! Thanks to everyone that helped!

1 person likes this