Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Timber Sanchez - 11-month-old Chihuahua Who Needs Leg Amputation

124 posts in this topic

Fran9769, i was unaware of some of these laws, we have had contact with our police and they said unless we have hard evidence that it was them that did it there is nothing they can do, they even tried saying we might have done it ourselves, however we dont own any guns i have 3 young children and a young granddaughter that comes over. I will go down and give them more of my opinions and facts soon because i have been trying to get the neighbors to pay for what they have done.

i want to apologize to for not keeping you guys as updated as i should, my dad has been very sick and we just found out he has stage 4 bone cancer...I will post as much as possible i promise! But TIMBER IS HUMPING EVERYTHING! i cant wait till he is cleared to get neutered, i dont need puppies right now haha! Timber is acting like he is the alpha of all the other animals now because he is so tough and only has 3 legs. He still babies everything that happened and wants all my attention and to be babied 24/7!

so today timber has been running around and playing with my parents chihuahuas, i am going to the vets office tomorrow to see when i can schedule him to get neutered. i will let you guys know how that goes. if you have any questions please ask!

so if you guys didnt know today was national dog day, so to honor timber and show him how much i love him and that we are glad he is still with us, i took him to the dog park for the first time, i also bought him his favorite treats. he was running around with the other little dogs and loving it! i talked to my vet and they are going to schedule him sometime in the near future, they will contact me when they get an opening. while we were at the park people kept whispering to eachother and this lady finally asked me what happened and i told her and then i mentioned IMOM and she said that IMOM helped her friends cat so i thought that was really cool and that i should share:) IMOM is truly amazing!!!

this morning timber was running around and i think he forgot he was missing a leg because he sat ans went to lean onto his leg and fell over, he layed there for a second then got back up and started running around the living room.

My 3-legged dog used to trip and fall every once in a while, but it never fazed him. He just hopped right back up and went on running. :)

I used to go to our local dog park with him frequently, and he was always a focus of attention. Miss him. :heart:

It's good to hear Timber is doing so well. :)

Judy G.

sorry to hear about your dad's cancer I am sure that is tough to deal with.

glad to hear Timber is doing good and adjusting to 3 legs

you mention that Timber is humping everything and that he hasn't been cleared for neutering can I ask why he hasn't been cleared didn't he have his stitches removed? why wouldn't they neuter him already?

you say you don't want puppies does this mean you have females that aren't spayed if so why haven't you had them spayed? (just curious)

maybe if they don't clear Timber to get neutered you can take the female in to get spayed first (just a thought)

victoria, i don't have a female dog but my parents do and they don't want to get her fixed because they don't have a male dog except when timber goes over. and yes he had his stitches out a while ago but the vet said they have to talk to my case manager on imom and then find a place in their schedule but they don't want him traumatized by their office so i think that is why they are not clearing him. i am going back in tomorrow to talk to them because this really needs to get done!

today my daughter was crawling around with timber and pretending she was a dog to and she brought me a scarf and asked me to wrap her arm to her side so i did and at first i didnt know what she was doing and then she went back to timber and said "i will be different just like you" and i was like aww :wub: and then they continued to play.

getting close! 3 more days until timber goes through another surgery :sad::ohmy: i hope he doesnt think i am doing this to be mean...

tomorrow is the day that we have been waiting for. im a little nervous for timber but i know he will be ok.

OMG Elwin thats funny...kinda sad but funny!!! timber is in surgery now so he should be out soon and wearing a stylish cone!

so UPDATE we had to cancel timbers surgery today, they were getting ready to prep him when i got news that my dad was being taken to the hospital and if i would have left him i wouldnt have been able to pick him back up before they closed today, so we rescheduled for next wednesday.

timber keeps doing this weird thing, you nkow how when dogs find a "scent" and they roll in it then get up and roll again...well timber keeps doing that but he only rubs his nub on the spot instead of his whole body. has anyone ever seen that before? At first i thought it was his way of itching it but he only does it in spots he used to roll in...

so i have to have timber at the vets office before 8am tomorrow morning so they can get his prepped and ready for his surgery, while he is in there i am going to get him a new toy or something. i will post you guys as soon as i know anything or once i get him back home.

timber is in surgery now. he weighs 5.8 pounds and he also is getting his baby tooth pulled because it hasn't fallen out.

timber is out of surgery and back home, he is back to his normal self he would rather go run around than lay still and rest.

I'm so glad to hear Timber is doing well!

Jamie

timber woke up feeling good this morning! he is eating like he normally does and running around with my daughter.

Again i want to give a HUGE :thanks3::lol::biggrin: to all of you here on imom !!!!!!!!! without you guys none of this would have ever been possible!! :banana: :banana: :hugs::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart::pawprint:

I hope Timber is continuing to do well since his neuter surgery.

Jamie

timber is doing well after everything that has happened, i am glad that all the surgeries and stuff are over! i am still trying to find a way to prove what the neighbor did, he still goes out every now and then and shoots his gun, and i dont want another accident or something done on purpose.