Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Timber Sanchez - 11-month-old Chihuahua Who Needs Leg Amputation

124 posts in this topic

I'm sure it's tough to keep a puppy from running around! Thank you for the update - I'm glad to hear Timber is doing so well.

Jamie.K

Timber's pictures in the gallery look great...looks like he is healing really nicely. Yay, Timber!!!! Hugs and smooches to you, buddy.

Diane

sorry this update is late, today was very hectic, but on the brightside, Timber was trying to play with our other dog today barking and growling at him, he even decided to be brave and jump off of my bed and try and chase the kids:) you guys are amazing and i love how supportive you guys are! we have filed several police forms to try and get our neighbor for what he did but so far nothing:(

oh yeah and timber is also back to eating like he used to and drinking lots of water and the vet said he would probably be constipated but he hasn't had a problem:)

I am so glad to hear that Timber is doing so well. Karma will eventually get that *(*$%#@% neighbor of yours, but sometimes it takes too long for my taste. Chin up and give him puppy kisses from me and Chihuahuas.

elwen, yeah this process is taking linger that i want it to but karma will come back around! Timber sends lots of slobbery kisses to you and your chihuahuas :heart::wub::biggrin:

I'm curiois if these crazy people are here in the same city. The cops keep saying there has to be an eye witness. The creeps are obviously smart enough to do it when no one is looking. I can't understand the world sometimes! I'm glad all the funds were raised for Timber. That's such a cute name.

i think the cops need to change the laws, our neighbor waited until we all left the house, and we werent gone for more that 30 mins when it happened..........but UPDATE, Timber is doing good he gets mad because i wont let him go up and down the stairs, he has a scheduled appt with the vet for Aug. 14 to get his stitches out so thats the day we are now looking forward to!!

Go Timber...

for the time being I figure that Timber is not allowed out in the yard unsupervised...

yes we havent let any of our animals or kids outside unsupervised, or i see the neighbors out they all move into the garage and the house. UPDATE, today, Timber has been jumping on and off the chairs and the couch, chasing the kids and ducks and he is acting like nothing ever happened, when he runs around you cant even tell he only has 3 legs!! and he has been using his little nub to rub his eye its really gross!!!

hey guys sorry i didnt post yesterday, we have been super busy trying to build the animals a fully inclosed dog run so we can let them out without having to worry. we are putting it on the opposite side of our property and our other neighbors and family are giving us supplies that they had laying around. today timber is running around the house like a normal dog as if nothing happened to him, i didnt expect him to recover this fast!!

That is wonderful news.

i took timber to my parents house today they have 3 chihuahuas and he was running around with them and having a good time like he used to!!! cant wait for him to get his stitches out this week!! his hair is starting to grow back where they had to shave him and he is looking alot better!!!

I'm so happy Timber is doing so well!

Jamie

How is Timber doing? Has he had his stitches taken out yet?

Jamie

today is the day that timber gets his stitches out! he is scheduled for 1:15pm PST i will let you guys know how that goes after we get out!!! thank you guys for all the warm thoughts and prayers:)

I hope it goes well! Will be watching for an update - thanks!

Jamie

UPDATE!! timber had his stitches out and the vet said that his leg is healing very well and that everything looks good no infections or anything and that he is expected to live a long happy 3 legged life!! Thank you again to everyone for making this happen and saving my dogs life! you guys are my doggy guardian angels!!! and on a side note timber was trying to "get friendly" with a dog in the waiting room of the vets office :blink:

sorry for the delayed posts guys! timber is back to his normal self! he has gotten brave with only 3 legs and trying to jump on and off the beds which are pretty high off the ground, he is eating good and everything. He has been going outside more, we made a little dog run on the opposite side of our property.

timbers hair is also growing back slowly but it makes him look a lot better as well, and by the way he runs and plays you cant even tell he has a missing leg

Thank you for the update. And pictures would be great!!

Jamie

timber is doing good he seems bored because all the kids are at school, my daughter hasn't taken him to her new class yet so when she does that should be interesting! she wanted to take him yesterday for the first day of school but i want him to be fully healed before that happens.

That Neighbor of yours needs to be held accountable. And your police Dept needs to do their job and uphold the laws put in place to protect these innocent animals. You need to contact the Police again and inform them that it is not okay for your neighbor to shoot your dog . Tell them if they fail to prosecute you will be contacting an attorney and the media , and DO IT! There are laws in place in NV against animal cruelty and the Police are paid to enforce those laws. It is a shame that you would need to embarass them into doing their job but its got to be done apparently. Your neighbor should be charged and held accountable to prevent him from ever doing this to another animal. He should also be paying for Timber's vet bills at the very least. IMO. This story has me outraged . Im very happy he is doing so well .

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/nv-cruelty-consolidated-cruelty-statutes