Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Timber Sanchez - 11-month-old Chihuahua Who Needs Leg Amputation

124 posts in this topic

I've been gone all day and came home to this horrific story but great fundraising ending...I hope all is well with Timber.

Timber's Mom is still posting on her intro thread: http://www.imom.org/...332#entry153538

She posted this:

"we have $126 left and its only been 2 hours!!! i hope everyone on IMOM gets a bunch of good karma sent their way! i cant thank you guys enough my daughter is so happy!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!"

and this:

"WE DID IT!!!!!!!!! TIMBER is going to have his surgery in the morning and you IMOM angels saved his life!!!!!! i can not express how happy i am and i cant thank you all enough!! tears of joy....no waterfalls of joy streaming down my face as i look at Timber and know that when i take him to the vet tomorrow it wont be good bye but i will be going back to pick him up!!!! he will only have 3 legs but its better than losing him forever!!"

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Looks like we might have gone over there at the end. If my 126.00 was over I would like it to go to Tom. If I had been thinking that's where I would have wanted it to go. He needs us now. I wasn't thinking because I was crying. I've cried many times on this forum and will probably cry some more. No, I'm sure of it. Today I cried because I was mad. Never done that before. " VIVA TIMBER ~ VIVA TOM"

Wow! All I can say is amazing! Thanks IMOM angels, you guys are all one-in-a-million. Can't wait to see Timber's mom post about his surgery. I'm sure he is in pain and it must be so hard on him and his family.

We'll be praying for your family and can't wait to see Timber on the road to recovery. * If I remember correctly, there is a rottie on the forum who had his front leg amputated and his mom took video of him the next morning getting around!! You'll see, Timber will be feeling better in no time at all!! :heart: :heart: *

I would also print out the Nevada law above posted by Elwin (perhaps without the emoticons, ;) ) and bring it to the police station as back up proof if they say they can't do anything. And I'll just keep my mouth shut about my personal thoughts about those who hurt animals and those who don't do anything about it.

Hang in there, tomorrow is a new day. And it will be a good one :)

Gab

I'll be lighting a healing candle for dear Timber, asking for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. A prayer for justice will also be included.

I wonder if a call to the local TV station or newspaper would be in order to bring this case of animal cruelty to the forefront...and, I'm hoping the police will do the right thing and enforce their own laws.

Diane

Edited by Animal Luvr

I don't like people who are cruel to animals....grrrrrr. The person that did this is lucky he doesn't have me for a neighbor. I am mom to 4 Chi's and Chi's are a special breed. All paws crossed for a uneventful surgery in the morning. Please keep us updated as us IMOM Aunties are worriers.

Thank you angels for getting this baby to AFR so fast.

Hoping Timber's surgery goes well today; and hoping my karma wish hits it's target (if you get my drift).

What CatPaws said. Will be checking for Timber updates later today for sure. Betsy

Hi all. Timber's Mom posted this in another section of the forum a few minutes ago.

"UPPDATE!!! Timber was scheduled for surgery this morning at 8am. they just took him back to amputate his leg and then he will be ours again and we will take him home to heal! this would have never been possible without all the help from everyone here on IMOM! THANK YOU! i will update as the vet notifies us "

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=10340#entry153597

:)

Jamie.K

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. Give him lots of kisses and hugs from us all

Rose

I hope we hear something soon, and I hope everything is going well.

Jamie.K

Thinking of you and Timber today. Can't wait to hear an update about his surgery and how successful it was!!!

HUGS :heart:

Gab

UPDATE!!! Timber just got home about an hour ago, the vet said surgery went very well and we have to go back in a week to get his stitches out. Timber was very happy even the vets said he is alot happier and in a lot less pain now!! i brought him home and put him in the grass and at first he just stood there didnt really move or anything so i picked him up and brought him inside, he hoped over to the bigger dogs bed and fell asleep. by hops i mean like the way a rabbit does, like he moves his back legs up to his chest and then moves his front paw. every once in a while he will whine but he is on pain medication and happy to be home:) i have to send pictures from my phone to my email then i will upload what my beautiful Timber looks like! again THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! he wouldnt have returned home with me if it werent for you guys! My daughter cried when we left this morning to take him for surgery because even tho we told her he was coming home she didnt believe it and when we walked in the door all she did was stand there and cry and she came up and kissed timber and said you and i are eachothers heros, you are strong baby tim tim! :pp_animal_261::happydance::waycool::thanks3::aktion033::lol::wub:

So happy to hear Timber's home and feeling better. Once he's fully recovered, he'll be running easy.

Janice G.

So happy to hear Timber is doing well. This is my Poco. He had his left front leg amputated at age 10 months, and passed away last year at age 13 from liver cancer. He never missed a beat, and he never slowed down. He could run and jump with the best of them.

I know Timber will manage very well. :)

Judy G.

post-4351-0-34728500-1406856742_thumb.jp

aww judy that was a bitter sweet story, im sorry! timber was out chasing the other dog a while ago and now hes sleeping again. And thank you Janice for the support through all of this:) i cant tell you how thankful i am to have people like you on this earth!! i uploaded pictures of timber if you guys havent seen them already!

YYYYAAAAAYYYY Timber, you go boy, but very slowly at first ,congratulations on everything turning out on the way it was greatest for him, and you. I'm so happy he will now have a Wonderful life

So nice that Timber is doing so well already. Hugs and kisses to you all.

Diane

I'm so glad to hear Timber's surgery went well. :)

Jamie.K

How is Timber this morning? I hope he isn't doing too much running around too soon... some of those pain meds might make him think he's Superdog. Tell your daughter Timber is our hero too.

you guys are so amazing! i hope everyone is having a great day! Timber is very happy to be alive today even with 3 legs. sorry i havent posted he has been very needy for my attention today so i have been giving it to him and trying to keep the kids away from him. the vet said i have to let him heal for 2 weeks before letting him run around and stuff, but he wants to be running and playing so bad! i put him outside to go to the bathroom earlier and right away he started barking at our ducks and trying to chase them!! i am so happy to see him like this! again thank you soooooooo much for making this little guys life worth living:)