Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Timber Sanchez - 11-month-old Chihuahua Who Needs Leg Amputation

124 posts in this topic

What is wrong with people????? Poor Tom and now Timber. My my heart aches.

I will start a matching challenge for $126. Please help me spend this money!

post-9302-0-92265900-1406750237_thumb.jp

Yay - A Matching Challenge for $126! Thank you so much PittieMom! The way all of you come together to help a baby in need always amazes me. Thank you so much for helping poor little Timber. Things have been happening so quickly, I didn't have a chance to use the Matching Challenge picture until now!

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Timber Sanchez - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Timber.

Thank you!!!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

It sounds to me like the cops aren't taking this seriously. What if he had fired his gun from his property and hit your child? THAT wouldn't be okay, now would it?

Have you filed a police report? Make it official and do so. Then find out if there's an animal cruelty authority in your area who can help. You may have a civil suit here. In any case, someone needs to let this guy know that shooting your dog is NOT okay!

im crying!!!!!!!you guys are all im going to be taling about for the rest of my life!!! my daughter is laying with Timber and she is telling him its going to be ok that the angels are saving him :)

Will be sending in 126.00 right now. Get him fixed up. I'd love to get my hands on the sorry SOB that did this !

PittieMom, send in those $$$. I just had to take your money. Let's get Timber fixed up!!! Betsy

FUND UPDATE: Timber has $485 in donations and needs $62 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met and then some!

The donations are coming in so fast, I can barely keep up - which is a good problem to have. PittieMom, sent in your funds. All we need is $62! Thank you all SO much!!

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Timber Sanchez - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Timber.

Thank you!!!

Oh RESTNWOLF, apparently great minds think alike. IMOM, you can move my $126 to the general fund for the next behind the scenes PIN. Betsy

Matching funds have been sent in. If we have too much it am fine with them spilling into the general fund to help the next PIN too.

We have lots of babies to save.

If its over you can put mine in the general fund as well. I'm really p****ed about this.

I'm so happy to tell you all that Timber is at ALL FUNDS RAISED! This has to be a record! Thank you all SO SO much for helping this poor pup.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HUGE thanks to all of you who donated and shared! You always come through, and I appreciate you all so much.

Timber's thread will be moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow his progress as he has his surgery and recovers. Thank you again!

I know I posted this in another thread, but it is so true I will say it again. YOU ANGELS ROCK, AND IMOM IS THE MOST AMAZING AND WONDERFUL PLACE. I am humbled by everyone and so thankful to be a part of all of this. Betsy

Well, I just got back to my computer and see that all funds have been raised without my match. Should I just send it to the GF?

Janice G.

This is Nevada's statute on animal cruelty:

NRS 574.100  Torturing, overdriving, injuring or abandoning animals; failure to provide proper sustenance; requirements for restraining dogs and using outdoor enclosures; horse tripping; penalties; exceptions.

1.  A person shall not:

(a) Torture or unjustifiably maim, mutilate or kill:

(1) An animal kept for companionship or pleasure, whether belonging to the person or to another; or

6.  A person who willfully and maliciously violates paragraph (a) of subsection 1:

(a) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph ( B), is guilty of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in <a href="http://www.leg.state...S193Sec130">NRS 193.130.

( B) If the act is committed in order to threaten, intimidate or terrorize another person, is guilty of a category C felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.

7.  Except as otherwise provided in subsection 6, a person who violates subsection 1, 2, 3 or 5:

(a) For the first offense within the immediately preceding 7 years, is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be sentenced to:

(1) Imprisonment in the city or county jail or detention facility for not less than 2 days, but not more than 6 months; and

(2) Perform not less than 48 hours, but not more than 120 hours, of community service.

Ê The person shall be further punished by a fine of not less than $200, but not more than $1,000. A term of imprisonment imposed pursuant to this paragraph may be served intermittently at the discretion of the judge or justice of the peace, except that each period of confinement must be not less than 4 consecutive hours and must occur either at a time when the person is not required to be at the person’s place of employment or on a weekend.

( B) For the second offense within the immediately preceding 7 years, is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be sentenced to:

(1) Imprisonment in the city or county jail or detention facility for not less than 10 days, but not more than 6 months; and

(2) Perform not less than 100 hours, but not more than 200 hours, of community service.

Ê The person shall be further punished by a fine of not less than $500, but not more than $1,000.

© For the third and any subsequent offense within the immediately preceding 7 years, is guilty of a category C felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.

8.  In addition to any other fine or penalty provided in subsection 6 or 7, a court shall order a person convicted of violating subsection 1, 2, 3 or 5 to pay restitution for all costs associated with the care and impoundment of any mistreated animal under subsection 1, 2, 3 or 5 including, without limitation, money expended for veterinary treatment, feed and housing.

The police need enforce Nevada's laws and not act like there aren't any on the books and they can't do anything.

Sorry for the book.

Um ... why did I get faces in this thing? They were not in what I copied.

Edited by Elwen

I am truly lucky and grateful to be a part of such a wonderful and caring group.

We'll be sure and move the extra funds to the GF.

Thank you all again.

Jamie.K

Well, I just got back to my computer and see that all funds have been raised without my match. Should I just send it to the GF?

Janice G.

Janice, it just happened so fast! You can, or you can save it to help another PIN. I know we still have a little left to raise for Tom. It's up to you!

Thank you so much.

Jamie.K

my family really appreciates all that you guys have done!! i am speechless i cant wait to have enough money to help out other animals in need! you guys are angels on earth! i will post all about timber in the introduction board or make a new one!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU IMOM ANGELS for saving Timbers life!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :roll: :roll: :thanks3: :thanks3: :claphands::aktion033::hugs::lol:

Since this has been moved to All Funds Raised you can just add to this string with updates on Timber. We will all be waiting to hear how he is doing (and you, too) as he gets fixed up!

HOW AWFUL! I am happy Timber made it to AFR. There are so many kind, loving angels on here that go above and beyond to help other pets in need and the pet parents. Good luck Timber! And don't let your neighbor get away with this. I am sure there are plenty of us that will help you proceed in direction on how to make this A$$hole pay for this horrific crime. This you must not let slide of the back! No way! And watch your back!

Well, as usual, you angels have made magic yet again! I saw this posted on FB and was enraged. He's just a little tiny baby of a dog. I'm so happy Timber will have his surgery. Nice job everyone!!

I just donated before reading that this sweet baby is AFR - I am OUTRAGED by this act of cruelty! And poor sweet Tom, too! Some people are just rotten to the core.

Rant aside, please feel free to put my donation toward any outstanding cases - I donated to Tom and I believe the little one with pancreatitis - if either of them still need money, please use it for them or put it into your general fund.

Thank you - bless this sweet peanut. I don't know what I would do if someone did that to my girl.