Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Timber Sanchez - 11-month-old Chihuahua Who Needs Leg Amputation

124 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Gunshot Wound/Shattered Left Leg

Treatment: Amputation

Low end of estimate: $721

Owner contribution: $200 (Plus owner has already spent $135 for X-rays, Antibiotics, and Pain Meds.)

Needed for low end of the estimate: $521

5% for IMOM operating expenses: $26

Our fund raising goal: $547

Spayed/Neutered: No, but estimate includes cost of neutering at a later date when it's medically safe.

Caseworker: Jamie K.

post-9302-0-90861300-1406745623_thumb.jp

Timber is at All Funds Raised - Donations No Longer Needed!!

Timber Sanchez is an 11-month-old Chihuahua who was in his own fenced-in yard, and he was shot by a neighbor because he was barking. Timber's leg was shattered, and it needs to be amputated. Timber's Mom has spent $135 for radiographs, antibiotics, and pain medications, and he is at home because she needs help with the cost of the surgery. Timber's vet has him scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning, but we need to raise the funds by no later than 4:30 Pacific time today, so we can let the vet know before they close at 5:00 pm Pacific. The vet said if Timber does not have surgery tomorrow morning, he will have to be euthanized.

Here is what Timber's Mom has to say about him: "When my friend called and said her dog had puppies we went over and my daughter fell in love with timber so my friend said when they are 5 weeks we could have him. So we got Timber as a therapy dog when he was a puppy for my daughter because she has learning disabilities.they have always been together and you hardly see one without the other and we couldn't imagine her life without Timber in it. The vet gave us 48 hours to find the funds for the amputation or we have to put him down.”

Timber's Mom has also written an introduction here: http://www.imom.org/...332#entry153466

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Timber Sanchez. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Timber’s name when making your donation.

Thank you all for considering helping this poor dog.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

OMG. The neighbor shot the dog? Kitty Tom was intentionally hit with a cart and now this. What is WRONG with people??? Okay, rant aside, after a brief prayer for karma being visited on those monstrous people, I put forth a $50 matching challenge. We're not letting this young pup's life be taken away by monsters! Let's show little Timber and his family that there are angels that help beat the monsters of the world!

I'll take that challenge. I just wish I could do more, but I won't have funds until this Friday. Reading that makes me so mad (and sad to see that picture that I'm crying). Chihuahuas are special to me because I have two (had three but the other got out of my fence and hit by a car last January). They would be putting my butt in jail because I would have already gone over there with a baseball bat and killed the neighbor.

Edited by Elwen

I'll take $20 of that matching challenge. Just wish I had more to give.

First we need to get funds raised to help Timber and get him treatment.

Secondly, if you haven't already, contact the SPCA and police and file a complaint against your neighbor. I'm not sure where you live or the laws there, but discharging a firearm within city limits is against the law in my town. This needs to be investigated and whomever fired the weapon needs to be held accountable so that they don't do this again. I wouldn't be surprised if you find out they have done this kind of thing before, but no one filed a complaint or followed through. If they had, Timber may not have been injured. :(

Timber's Mom posted this on her introduction:

". and i live in a small town in Nevada the land out where i live is considered "farm land" and the cop said as long as they shoot the gun on their property they can't really do anything:/ "

Jamie.K

reading your comments and knowing that IMOM is helping us save Timber has me in tears, not little ones but like waterfalls down my face! Timber is a very important member of our family! please if there is anything you can do to help even $1 helps:) I hate to see him like this and he if a fighter! please spread the word and help us get the funds before 5pm PST. thank you in advance to everyone even if you cant donate i understand but thank you for reading our story:)

Could the ASPCA or some organization like that get that "man" for cruelty to an animal? Doing nothing seems like a grave injustice...

especially when it's a neighbor...what will they do next?? Scary...

But, right now we have to worry for Timber...SO SAD that animal cruelty laws are SO terrible...I feel so bad, Ohio is near the top for NOT CARING...

I won't say what I'd like to do to that neighbor, but I'm sure you all can read my mind. Instead, since it looks like the last matching challenge has been met, I'll offer another for $50. My Chihuahuas insisted!

Janice G.

I just saw that Timber's Momma posted on the Introduction page...we have to GET BUSY.....

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im soo excited!! IMOM just said that we were approved for fundraising please if you can help out go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Timber Sanchez. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Timber’s name when making your donation. Timber is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning IF we can get the money before 5pm PST.

Thank you guys!! i am happier than words can explain! i will post more pictures of Timber and keep you updated! please spread the word about Timber and help get the money before 5pm PST. IMOM IS AMAZING!!

Please share share share and ask everyone to do the same!!!!!

WE can do this...

Edited by Judy

Where are we with funds and matching? Wondering if I need to make a challenge or take someone's money ;-)

FUND UPDATE: Timber has $110 in donations and needs $437 more.

The first $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

We have another $50 Matching Challenge!

Send in those $$ Jaz - thank you!! And thank you all for your donations so far and Janice for your new Matching Challenge. This poor puppy - we don't have a whole lot of time to raise the funds for Timber, so please if you're unable to donate, share everywhere you can possibly share. This little pup needs our help.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Timber Sanchez - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Timber.

Thank you!!!

OMG!! There are some evil people in this world.

Hang in there Timber the IMOM Angels are working extra hard today to meet that deadline and get you all fixed up.

keeping Timber and his family in my thoughts

sending my money match in now.

I will take some of that matching challenge! Please join me in helping poor, little Timber if you can. He must be in so much pain and he is only a baby.

If you can help with a donation of any size, please go to (http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd). If you prefer to donate directly from your PayPal account, please use paypal@imom.org. Be sure to mark all donations for Timber Sanchez.

Timber will be so grateful to you for saving his life!

ALL YOU IMOM ANGELS ARE A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! please keep sharing and spreading the word! Timber thanks all of you as well!!

Timber's Mom posted this on her introduction:

". and i live in a small town in Nevada the land out where i live is considered "farm land" and the cop said as long as they shoot the gun on their property they can't really do anything:/ "

Jamie.K

Jamie ~ Thank you. I hadn't read the introduction thread. I am so sorry to hear this. And, a lot of people think Alaska is wild and unregulated!!!!!! I'm thinking this town in Nevada needs to be inundated with a letter-writing campaign.

FUND UPDATE: Timber has $230 in donations and needs $317 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met!!

Send in those $$ Janice - thank you!! And thank you all for your donations so far for poor little Timber. This poor puppy - we don't have a whole lot of time to raise the funds for Timber, so please if you're unable to donate, share everywhere you can possibly share. This little pup needs our help.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Timber Sanchez - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Timber.

Thank you!!!

FUND UPDATE: Timber has $295 in donations and needs $252 more.

We're over halfway there - thank you all so much! We have less than 4 hours to raise the $252 for poor Timber. So please, if you're unable to donate, share on your Facebook page, Twitter, and any other social media sites you're on. Thank you again.

Thank you!!!

Jamie ~ Thank you. I hadn't read the introduction thread. I am so sorry to hear this. And, a lot of people think Alaska is wild and unregulated!!!!!! I'm thinking this town in Nevada needs to be inundated with a letter-writing campaign.

I agree.

Jamie.K

i am speechless with all the amazing people that are out there in the world! i never imagined this to happen to Timber or any animal at that and in the matter of hours everyone is pulling together for my puppy! i am so thankful for all of you reading this:) i wish i could go through the computer screen and hug you! we are almost to our goal!! lets keep going and spreading the word! i have also uploaded a few pictures of timber to the photo page:)

Just a quick comment.....

AMAZING.....again this is a day for miracles...makes me so proud of the people that CARE