Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Tom Jimmerson - Black Kitty hit by car

258 posts in this topic

Prayers and a healing candle are being lit for Tom...please give him some smooches from me, too.

Diane

IMOM has some amazing Angels :Angel15: your Tom is in great hands here and I'm sure at his vet clinic also

I am sure he will recover quickly :albkblink:

my Smokey says "hang in there Tom"

Edited by VGalvan

I got to see Tom from a distance... The cat scan was explained and what he needs. Tom's palate is split in two in the back his right jaw is split a little before the joint... the front of the jaw is split in two and hanging unevenly those need to be surgically moved back together and held there somehow until delicately rehabilitated to heal. His feeding tube has to stay in place surgically into his neck... for 8 weeks ( while the bones heal.) meantime he's not ready to be surgically manipulated with all the fluid and blood built up in his cranial and nasal cavities. His hospital stay is whats giving him the chance to bring down the swelling and heal that trauma while preventing infection through th IV drip and the feeding tube. The ortho surgeon says surgery might be possible tomorrow or thursday.

Well, we have a lot of work to do...

how are the applications going for outside funding?

Here is a group that just helped a little dog that also lives in California...together IMOM and F.A.C.E. got that pup to surgery...get your paperwork gathered and send it right in

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fface4pets.org%2FApplyForAssistance.aspx&h=EAQFw-yOG

I know that this is stressful but Tom is counting on all of us all

Edited by Judy

Hello everyone! I'm a fend of Tom's mom. She contacted me Sunday reaching out for help. I personally don't have much $$ but as we shared Tom's story to all my network since Sunday, I hope we have helped a little. I have a small startup company called SuperBaked and we make organic and gluten free cookies. I have been contacted by some of my customers wanting to extend some help. I was wondering if it's OK that I put together a "cookies for Tom" fund drive. I know we are closing into the target $$ goal. I want to pledge $125 to Tom's fund. Im sure i can raise more as a few of my customers have already reached out to me. Thank you and if you need to contact me:

phyllis@superbaked.com

769-500-2461

Phyllis...ALL the ways you can think of are GOOD...sure, solicit your cookies and post Tom's IMOM thread out for the WORLD to see...

IF you are collecting money you can send in the donation to IMOM...OR...just get in touch with IMOM on what funds you have collected and you can ask their advice as to which way to go with them...

here is the direct link for donations for IMOM, you can donate via paypal or with your credit card...it is safe, believe me, I have been donating for YEARS with no problems

if you have more questions, ask away...Tom and his Momma are blessed to have a friend helping...it's so stressful and now she has a friend near her to make her feel better

http://www.imom.org/donation/index.htm

If you need to "talk" with IMOM ask Tom's Mom how to contact them, you can discuss finances privately that way.

Edited by Judy

I know your really only concern is him right now, but with the pictures you have posted I would really consider if possible filing crudity to animal's against him!!!! Calling your local animal control officer and making so that, (thing) can't never be able to do it again, and see if (it) can be fired, and yes I ment to use those, something like (it ) doesn't deserve to be labeled otherwise. Still praying all goes well!!

I am very glad to see that you are reporting this. That heartless bastard needs to pay. Betsy

I know your really only concern is him right now, but with the pictures you have posted I would really consider if possible filing crudity to animal's against him!!!! Calling your local animal control officer and making so that, (thing) can't never be able to do it again, and see if (it) can be fired, and yes I ment to use those, something like (it ) doesn't deserve to be labeled otherwise. Still praying all goes well!!

I wish I knew exactly who did it but I think management is willing to work with law enforcement to find a suspect

This breaks my heart. People are so cruel. These kind of people are born without empathy and have an empty soul. Just sickens me. My fur babies mean the world to me and I have a lot of them that I have saved and take care of and unfortunately, I haven't been having much of my own luck and have been in and out of the pet emergency hospital. One of my babies was hospitalized for five days so I understand the anxious, nervous feeling you have. But you came to the right place and soon will be at AFR. And I will pray for poor Tom and all my Fur Angles will send out their own positive energy to Tom.

With that said, I sent in a donation on behalf of my baby girl Sadie who is battling her own respiratory disease as we speak!

Prayers,

Hope and All My Angels Here and Beyond

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $2387 in donations and needs $403 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met

We are getting closer by the hour.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you!!!

Challenge cash sent in. We are so close, can't wait to see the dancing nanners for Tom. He reminds me so much of my LBK (the L stood for Large, not Little, in his case) Bart. He came into my life in college and stayed with me through job changes, living changes, boyfriend changes. He was so awesome... Betsy

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $2487 in donations and needs $303 more.

Can you believe in "MAGIC"?

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you!!!

http://www.fundme.com/en/users/27519

This is a link to my personal fund me account for Tom's care. I set it for 9 days to meetthe goal. That's pretty much the time I've got.

I don't have enough to pursue an animal cruelty charge. I have to know who did it... have witnesses... working on that...

also I got a pledge of 250 towards continued care for Tom from FCIA animal fund and am working with faces towards paying for another day of recuperation from swelling to be ready for surgery as well as part of the surgery cost. I am waiting on news from red rover.

I just got off the phone with Tom's vet. They are hoping to take Tom to surgery tomorrow morning. They let me know that Tom's mom has applied to other organizations and they are waiting to hear back as to how much they can contribute. Remember, what we are fund raising for right now is for Tom's hospitalization before the surgery. I have also asked the vet to fax us an estimate for Tom's surgery and to keep us in the loop regarding other organizations assistance.

Tom's mom - can you give us more information about who you have applied to, when you expect to hear from them, and please keep us in the loop about their contributions to Tom's surgery when you hear back from them.

We all have Tom in our thoughts and prayers.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Please stay in that loving state of mind with tom it seems to help him.. he seemed much more comfortable when I went to see him.

as my time with this group of warrior angels shifts gears and we part our ways this is a beautiful dedication song to our little superman!

I know that you will be busy working to get the money raised for Tom's surgery, but please, please stay in touch with us...give us an update every day on how things are going...

Did you hear from Red Rover yet? If not, I don't see why you can't call to just check on the status of your application...I posted their telephone # in an earlier post, do you need it?

I just clicked on your fund me page...I don't know a thing about how it works but I am guessing that you are going to post just like you did on IMOM.

If no one knows Tom's story the page is a little confusing...I know you posted IMOM's link for Tom but perhaps a little more explanation would make people more sympathetic.....

And the amount of money needed for your fund raising goal would be good also...

GOOD LUCK.....you have worked your butt off, be proud of what you've done so far...and keep the faith!

I am so glad your friend is there for you...now, you guys get busy, spread the work as your friends friends to have their friends help you guy out...call in all the favors you can...

I almost forgot...did you get an application to The Onyx and Breezy Foundation in the mail? They are a great group but you do have to mail in your application. They are in New York so if you get it in the mail today you can call them on Monday afternoon to check on things...that is still within your time frame...

I am going to try to figure out the fund me site.

I wrote down the number and I was just about to call them. Please send my link to everyone you know at least once when the goal has been met here. I will keep you updated always hoping for compassion and loving energy from my first ever experience with aworld that's not heartless.

... and please know that I am putting a link to this thread on my new fundraising page.

OK, so where are we at now?...with IMOM fundraising?

Are there any guesses as to what is needed financially for post-surgery care?

Diane

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $2522 in donations and needs $268 more.

Thank you!!!

http://www.fundme.com/en/projects/7310-what-did-I-do-wrong

the red rover phone number judy gave me is going to fax machine. aaahhhh!!

re: surgery cost estimate I haven't seen it face foundation has it but on day one I heard a ballpark range of 4000-6000.

I set my goal at 4000 in the next 9 days.

post-31616-0-73858600-1406682051_thumb.j