Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Tom Jimmerson - Black Kitty hit by car

258 posts in this topic

Sending well wishes and healing energy to Tom -- his prognosis certainly sounds good.

Did he escape from your house -- is that why he was outside to be hit by a car or golf cart?

no tom came to us with a free spirit that could not be restricted. He would get depressed and hide under the bed for days if we forcefully kept him in. He began to challenge us about it. test his boundaries.He started opening the door on his own!! he never shut it... it cut a hole in the screens with his claw then enlarged it with his head. he thought I never saw. He figured out how to dismantle the blockade we made when it was too unbearably hot to close the sliding door. eventually it just made more sense to just let him play with the girls and the neighbor cat that came by every day. That's what life's about. For three and a half years no one threatened them it was our lawn by our balcony and all the other balconies across the ways were friends with us and had chdren that played with mine. The maintenance worker chased and hit tom. It happened right in the same spot in front of our balcony where the children usually play. Where Tom watches over them and it had been this way for 3 1/2 years. I let my guard down and didn't sense trouble. I'd been so emotionally drained by outside stresses I didn't continue to protect Tom the way I did before. I took for granted the momentary serenity.

post-31616-0-32810200-1406608231_thumb.jpost-31616-0-71234700-1406608195_thumb.jpost-31616-0-85990900-1406608166_thumb.jpost-31616-0-80223200-1406608134_thumb.jpost-31616-0-37489000-1406608089_thumb.j

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $1357 in donations and needs $1433 more.

Thank you Angels for your donations so far! Okay folks, we're almost halfway there. Soon, we'll be on the downhill side. Please keep all your healing thoughts coming for Tom. And, if you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you all so much.

The maintenance worker intentionally hit Tom with a golf cart?? You definitely should confront the management with this immediately, if that's the case!

So happy Tom has good news, and I agree with Besty they can adjust very well and him getting his strength back is wonderful to help him heal!! All my prayers are with Tom, give a big smooch when ur able to see him, and let him know the angels are all by him!!! fighting to make him better. Andyou keep ur head up and sometimes a good long deep breath does help. All hoping for the best!!

if anyone is awake right now please pray for tom at this moment. I woke up hearing Tom calling me. Hes doing that thing where he's meowing like hes trying to talk words. His tone is like asking a question in desperation. Please pray with me right now ... I'm shaking. Pray that his headache goes away and the swelling goes down...I'm going to call the hospital.

Praying, call hospital, it could be just a sudden pain, he's way to strong and loved to quit now, please keep us updated!!

I too will be praying...

Now that I am thinking of it...the next time you go to visit see if you can leave one of the t shirts that you have worn, or perhaps your pajama top...Tom will "smell" you and know that you are near and he is not alone...

Senseless cruelty is something I can't understand, and hope I never do. Just sent in a donation to help Tom, but forgot to earmark it. Will have to let IMOM know.

A cyber hug to you.

The nurse who's with him said he is stable and asleep... his swelling is maxed out but it's also expected and will go down in time. My question I will ask tomorrow is how can he get anesthesia and surgery if his swelling is maxed out already? anesthesia causes some swelling when it tries to pass through the system among other things.... I'm going to write a list of questions.... I'm not sure how long the nurse will be before she's able to send a picture but I'll post it as soon as she does.

I too will be praying...

Now that I am thinking of it...the next time you go to visit see if you can leave one of the t shirts that you have worn, or perhaps your pajama top...Tom will "smell" you and know that you are near and he is not alone...

I asked them if I could leave something of mine with him and the said I shouldn't because he'd just pee on it and it might get lost. I regret the decision now. I think I will drive up there and tell them to lay my daughter's shirt next to him. He goes to her for comfort more... I think he believes that she's his girlfriend :)/> he used to get embarassed and nervous if I was lovin on him when she was around.post-31616-0-84710700-1406635500.jpeg

Those "Toms" always need to have a girlfriend :roll:

It sounds like the hospital is trying to keep a sterile environment to prevent any possible infection, which may be why they are warning against any cloth (especially if he pees on it). Don't fret too much about the anesthesia and how will they do it with his face so swollen. When the meds are used for their intended purpose, they work pretty well.

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $1482 in donations and needs $1308 more.

Our thoughts are with Tom. You're working so hard for your boy and the IMOM Angels are right here with you. But, we still need to raise more funds for his care. Remember, we are only now raising funds for his hospitalization. Tom still may need surgery.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you!!!

HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS!!!!

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $2007 in donations and needs $783 more.

The IMOM Angels are AMAZING!!!!! Keep on doing what you're doing. Spread the word about Tom, and donate if you can. We can help this Little Black Kitty.

:waycool: :thanks3: :bravo:

Thank you!!!

Donated!

You should definitely report the incident to management. Heaven forbid this happens to someone else's cat, too! If he gets away with it, he'll do it again...

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $2207 in donations and needs $583 more.

WOW! We are making great progress. Let's keep this going.... SHARE and donate if you can. Donations of all sizes really do make a difference!

Thank you!!!

This site rocks. You guys amaze me. I am blown away by your generosity, empathy, strength, caring natures... In honor of the great folks who have already donated, I'm putting a $100 matching challenge on the table for this sweet LBK. C'mon, angels and guest angels, take my money. Please... Betsy

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW...what a GREAT morning...

Now...I know that you have applied to many groups for outside funding...I am going to give you a few ideas and if you have already applied TWO groups have listed telephone #'s...you can call them, ask them if they got your paperwork and if they can help in ANY WAY POSSIBLE...

The Onyx and Breezy Foundation (located in New York but they will provide funds all over the US), you have to mail in information to them so get your paperwork together and get it in the mail today..

http://www.onyxandbreezy.org/requesting-a-grant.html

If you have applied to

Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation) here is their telephone #

916-429-2457

ask them to make a pledge for ANY AMOUNT they can spare

also

Actors 4 Animals (greater LA area) I don't know where you are exactly but I figure California by the price of the vet care

818-755-6045

I have one more place for you to check out, will post that shortly

GOOD LUCK.....

todays pictures of tom...

I made up this song to wash away the old energy and bring in the new:

" we're the hands and feet of God ... we move in unison... we're marching coming in to bring new life to him... We're the angels gathered around we surround him with our love we cradle him within Tom Hunter Jimmerson".

been singing it in the shower.

post-31616-0-67756300-1406646348_thumb.j

post-31616-0-15256800-1406646369_thumb.j

post-31616-0-84992400-1406646389_thumb.j

post-31616-0-54871100-1406646417_thumb.j

C'Mon angels, I know you love to take my money. Let's get crackin' and get this kitty to AFR. Betsy

Is it just me (or perhaps the pictures) but Tom looks like he is HUGE! Is he a big boy??

We came by to check in on Tom and wowee! Way to Go Angels! Almost there!!! As always, I am impressed with all of the angels out there :heart:

Can't wait for this sweet boy to get to feeling better. I counld NOT IMAGINE how painful it is to be hit in the face with a vehicle. :( It's a shame you're not local because I'm Italian and we have ways of dealing with people like that maintenance man. Instead, we will keep praying for Tom and holding your family close in our hearts. Tom will make it through this; and when he does, we will all be right here with you celebrating.

Gab

post-9302-0-18326700-1406652779_thumb.jp

Wow, I've only been gone for 3 or 4 hours, and I come back to this awesome Fund Update!! All I can say is wow! And now we have a $100 Matching Challenge! Thank you all so much for caring about and helping poor Tom Okay, who will step up and take some or all of the Matching Challenge? If you're unable to donate, please share - we need to get the word out to as many folks as possible.

Thank you all so much.

Poor unfortunate Tom! Praying that he will be returned to good health and that

his assailant will be tormented with what he did to this innocent creature.

Just made a donation in memory of my sweet boy, Kibby.