Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Tom Jimmerson - Black Kitty hit by car

258 posts in this topic

Tom is having his ct scan and I just got off the phone with channel 8 news...I am so blown away by this wonderful caring atmosphere now I cry tears of joy... it's getting so much more hopeful! still working on lots of applications and documents for other financial assistance please bare with me.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers

Rose

We'll take some of that $$ too, I wish we could do more :heart: We'll be anxiously awaiting those ct results and praying for good news.

On a side note - I am absolutley appalled at what happened to poor Tom! I'm glad you made the community aware so they can protect their babies but I sure do hope that the person who did this is held responsible and punished to the fullest. We'll be praying for you both.

Gab

idk how long it takes to do a cat scan. I'm getting a little anxious.... :/

I am sending positive thoughts for Tom AND that you are having some success with your outside fund raising.

What did the TV channel say? They are usually very interested in human interest stories...

I FINALLY finished that last batch of paper work!!! i talked to the ortho surgeon. Tom's catscan showed a lot of fractures in his back lower jaw bridge of the nose and a crack down the middle of the front of his mandible. there's no internal bleeding and he says the prognosis looks good if he carefully puts the upper mandible back in place and repairs it. He'll have to remove the broken teeth on the side but that can be dealt with later. He needs to keep the feeding tube because he has to keep his mouth very still for a while so it can heal. all the other fractures should heal on their own with gentle care and time. meanwhile as of tosay he is not eecommending anymore anesthesia until tomorrow at least because of the tremendous swelling in the head. He needs time to rest and heal that while the feeding tube is in. I will ask the vet to send me pics of tom if she can.

the outside fundraising hasn't started yet. They only cover the surgery part. which is a very delicate process. Tom really needs us to keep up the momentum.

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $1022 in donations and needs $1768 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you Angels for your care and support of this LBK! Please consider a donation of any size at all. Tom needs our help. Please also remember to SHARE. We need to get the word out to as many folks as possible.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you!!!

also for some reason the t.v. channel didn't get back to me... I wish I knew how to upload pics of tom on my profile.

p.s. the feeding tube actually has to go in his neck.

you know yesterday I was crying in agony and confusion over Tom's ordeal. Following the trail of blood on the walkway looking for his paw prints in the mud and touching them. I looked up to the sky and cried out so loudly everyone must've heard in my complex ( but they know what haappened and loved tom too), and I cried out " God, where are you? show yourself!" and you know what else I said I walked around singing a song to myself about sending tom some angels.... I look at this thread and I realize you are all God's hands God's eyes God's angels!!!! Bless You all everyone of you angel warriors fighting by my side in a world where Tom would have been left for dead.

Cats tolerate feeding tubes very well, and the technology has come so far it is incredible. It will be good for Tom to get the nutrition to help him heal, it does seem as if he has a bit of a road ahead of him. Know that all of us here at IMOM will be with you through the journey. There are incredible folks on here who have been through so much with their fur children and can be a great source of information and support for you...

When you say you wish you knew how to upload pictures on your profile, do you mean on your profile with your info on it, or on this page?

Jamie.K

I don't have any $$ to donate but I am keeping you and your precious Tom in my thoughts

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $1022 in donations and needs $1768 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you Angels for your care and support of this LBK! Please consider a donation of any size at all. Tom needs our help. Please also remember to SHARE. We need to get the word out to as many folks as possible.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you!!!

Excellent! Matching funds on their way. Keep up the good work, angels.

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $1257 in donations and needs $1533 more.

The Angels certainly are wonderful. We're nearing the halfway mark for Tom. Let's keep getting the word out for this kitty.

Huge Thanks!!!

I don't see a thing wrong with getting in touch with the television station again...AND calling the others in your area...we have three stations here and they are all animal friendly...

In fact, go to their website and pick an anchor to talk to...ask for them...you just might get them to come to the telephone, ask for their email address OR see if their is a producer available to talk to...nothing wrong with being polite, but direct...tell them you are doing this for the kitty you love...and you must touch every one you can...

you know yesterday I was crying in agony and confusion over Tom's ordeal. Following the trail of blood on the walkway looking for his paw prints in the mud and touching them. I looked up to the sky and cried out so loudly everyone must've heard in my complex ( but they know what haappened and loved tom too), and I cried out " God, where are you? show yourself!" and you know what else I said I walked around singing a song to myself about sending tom some angels.... I look at this thread and I realize you are all God's hands God's eyes God's angels!!!! Bless You all everyone of you angel warriors fighting by my side in a world where Tom would have been left for dead.

I'm not much of a crier, but this post brought tears to my eyes...

Come on, angels, we're almost at the halfway mark...let's get to that point by the end of today so the rest can be all downhill!

Diane

I guess I'm having trouble uploading compatible photos to my profile. it's always the wrong format or too big. I had no idea I could post pics on this thread though.

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $1272 in donations and needs $1518 more.

Thank you Angels for your donations so far for Tom! Please continue to send healing thoughts to Tom, and if you're unable to donate, please share. We need to get the word out to as many folks as possible.

Thank you all so much.

I guess I'm having trouble uploading compatible photos to my profile. it's always the wrong format or too big. I had no idea I could post pics on this thread though.

Do you remember how you did it when you uploaded the pictures on your introduction thread? You do it exactly the same way. http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=10327

But if they're too big or the wrong format, you won't be able to. You could send them to gf@imom.org and ask if someone can try uploading them for you. But I'm not sure they'll upload for us either if they're too large or the wrong format. But we can try!

Jamie.K

I am a little concerned about Tom's swelling. The doctor's tone of voice was a little alarming when he metioned it. I keep wanting to run over there and just pull up a cot and sing to him all night. I keep wondering if they gave him a little ledge of the blanket to prop his head on the good side just so. I wonder if that would help the swelling. They said it's not a good day to visit him so I made apple pie for the girls tonight and we kept thinking jovial old tom would come up and see what we're eating. Every time the blinds fluttered at the sliding door we kept thinking Tom was coming in. We keep seeing glimpses of tim in his usual spots. post-31616-0-68306300-1406606666_thumb.jpost-31616-0-77470200-1406606685.jpeg

Sending well wishes and healing energy to Tom -- his prognosis certainly sounds good.

Did he escape from your house -- is that why he was outside to be hit by a car or golf cart?

just feel like posting Tom the way he should always lookpost-31616-0-67798300-1406607696_thumb.jpost-31616-0-78972300-1406607504_thumb.jpost-31616-0-53276000-1406607462_thumb.jpost-31616-0-22542400-1406607424_thumb.jpost-31616-0-98601300-1406607370_thumb.jpost-31616-0-89045700-1406607328_thumb.jpost-31616-0-00813500-1406607294_thumb.jpost-31616-0-14236700-1406607190_thumb.jpost-31616-0-18105400-1406607127_thumb.j