Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Tom Jimmerson - Black Kitty hit by car

258 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Mandibular fracture, unknown additional trauma

Treatment required: Hospitalization, x-rays, antibiotics, feeding tube

Low end of estimate: $2657

5% for IMOM operating expenses: $133

Fundraising goal: $2790

Caseworker: Dawn

Tom is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!

post-9479-0-24867300-1406542456_thumb.jp

Tom is a 3 year old black kitty who suffered severe facial trauma. It appears that he was hit by a car. His mom contacted us after Tom had been sent home with pain medication due to lack of funds. Tom was declining fast and his mom worked rapidly to get us the information we needed so we could help her help Tom.

This is what his mom had to say about her boy: “We took Tom in in 2010 when he had no where else to go. He loved our family and watched over his sisters while they played outside and slept with them when they had bad dreams. He learned what certain words meant and like to sit with us during social gatherings and listen to our conversation. He even watched the repairman fix the dryer. He is so curious and smart. I am convinced some malevolent maintenance worker on the grounds chased him with his golf cart vehicle. Who does this?!

Since IMOM had no time to fund raise, the financial committee agreed to pledge the amount needed so that Tom could receive the care he needed to live. Without this immediate pledge, Tom would probably not be alive this morning. Tom is now hospitalized and will undergo tests today to determine what future care or surgery is needed. We may need to raise additional funds for this little black kitty.

Please help IMOM honor our pledge by contributing to Tom at http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - be sure to mark your gift for Tom Jimmerson; or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

Thank you for your continued support! We will keep you updated!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Let's get this started on a Monday morning with a matching challenge for this LBK. $100 on the table. I know there are angels out there who will take my money, so step right on up!!! Betsy

C'mon angels! LBK lovers let's thank IMOM for making sure Tom is hanging in there and can get better! We need to restock the funds to take care of it! Rally round everyone! Tom may need more help so let's get this going!

I'll take $50 of Betsy's money for that challenge!

calling all CCLs and LBK lovers.... this one is important and urgent!

:albkblink:

I think Tom is going to need ALL THE HELP HE CAN GET...

the amount of money needed is quite a bit...so, what we need to do is SHARE, SHARE, SHARE and ask our friends and their friends to do the same...

Tom's owners...you have all of the paperwork together that you submitted to IMOM and you have a GREAT caseworker...put your heads together and get busy applying to ALL THE GROUPS you can find...some are national, some are by state...

NOW is the time to apply...even if you hear NO, don't worry, you never know that the next group will say YES...

AND, ask them for ANY SIZE DONATION they can offer...they might be taken aback by the amount needed...tell them that you are working hard to save your kitty AND EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS...

This case is beyond urgent. We have already pledge more than we could afford to and we have no idea how much more is going to be needed. Please help Tom.

:magicmoon:

Make your donation for Tom at http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - be sure to mark your gift for Tom Jimmerson; or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

I think that Tom's owner is having trouble posting, I just saw this posted on his profile page

"called for an update on tom... his blood tests and xrays of his body were unremarkable... he just might need a cat scan for his head where the trauma is... I will be speaking to the ortho surgeon today as soon as they call me in. Here's to hoping beyond all hopes that I get funding for imaging."

they might need a little time to find the right place on the forum to post, BUT Tom needs us NOW

Dawn and I were on the phone with the vet last night until after midnight EST. From the time we received the application to the time we approved it and Tom's Mom got him to the vet, it was less than 2 hours. There was absolutely no time to fundraise. Had we waited, most likely Tom would not have made it. Like Jacki said, it was a large pledge, plus we don't know what else will be needed, so please donate if you can. If you're not able to donate, please share.

This is Tom before he got hurt.

post-9302-0-72924300-1406561036_thumb.jp

To make a donation visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal - use the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you so much.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

IMOM has taken a leap of faith for Tom...

AND IMOM is all about the LBK's...I think in honor of all that IMOM has done in the past and hopes to do in the future...Tom would be the perfect example of what IMOM does BEST...let's get BUSY and work out butts off for this special boy..

:magicmoon:

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $417 in donations and needs $2373 more to cover what they're doing already.

The Matching Challenge has been met.

Thank you all for you donations so far for Tom. This is a lot to raise, but I know we can do it. Please send healing thoughts and prayers to Tom. If you're unable to donate, don't forget to share.

To make a donation visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal use the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Just took the rest of Betsy's challenge, in memory of Riff Raff, my own little black cat, gone for many years, but never forgotten. :)

Judy G.

Matching $$$ sent in. Good to see funds coming in. Let's keep it going for Tom!!! Betsy

OK, I just found another post on Tom's Introduction thread...read this...SO touching

"omg!!! I was just updating my profile all night... I didn't think to use this reply button... Everytime I read your posts I cry... no I weep. I'm so grateful to angels like you who see the need and help. I never would imagine kindness like this. Tom really needs us. He is so loving and curious. He thought he was human. He's still a little vain even in his condition. when he peed in his carrier he actually got up and walked out to lay on a blanket in front. I had about one hour of sleep. trying to get all the applications for funds downloaded printed. Also filing a police report about Tom's attack.. trying to contact channel 8 news as well... I Even shared the donation link with bill gates on twitter."

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $577 in donations and needs $2213 more.

Thank you Angels for your donations so far for Tom! Please continue to send healing thoughts to Tom, and if you're unable to donate, please share. We need to get the word out to as many folks as possible.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you all so much.

Sending a donation from my black kitties - Grr, Midnight, Cocoa & Riley. Also sending get well purrs are my non-black kitties - Max, Rascal, Mini & Marshmallow von Fluffington. :heart:

Tom Update from 12:50

"just got a call from the ortho surgeon... he did a visual assesment and said Tom needs a ct scan and feeding tube. He said usually the swelling and bruising can go away on their own... given his apparently strong immunity. The coordinator will call me in this afternoon. I will get an estimate from her and call cbs8 to talk to them about alerting the community... I am also going to put fliers up with the link on it."

posted on Tom's Introduction thread...glad to help with the updates...his Momma is pretty darn busy right now

Tom is stable. pending the ct scan and feeding tube. He hasn't eaten in 24 hours. The ortho surgeon told me the swelling and bruising usually go down on their own... the ct scan will reveal the "big picture" for surgery. I'm just crying and crying...I keep thinking will we make the next step???????

post-31616-0-14598800-1406566634_thumb.j

Edited by Lostinaheartlessworld

As long as Tom is getting IV fluids, it is not critical that he eat right now. Hang in there. He is in good hands, I am sure. :)

Judy G.

Issuing a Matching Challenge. I'll match the next $100 that comes in.

post-23-0-40471700-1391710386_thumb.jpg

Edited by kuhio98

Well, I think I'm just going to have to take some of that money.

Janice G.

post-9302-0-75141700-1406567834_thumb.jp

Yay! A $100 Matching Challenge - thank you so much! Who will take some or all of the Matching Challenge? It's a great time to donate since your donation will be doubled. Let's do this for little Tom. If you're unable to donate, please share - we need to get the word out to as many folks as possible.

To make a donation, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Tom Jimmerson - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal and send to the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Tom.

Thank you all so much.

FUND UPDATE: Tom has $737 in donations and needs $2053 more.

$50 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you Angels for your donations so far for Tom! We have $50 left in the Matching Challenge - any takers? If you're unable to donate, please share. We need to get the word out to as many folks as possible.

Thank you all so much.