Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
JanandLynn

Very Upset

7 posts in this topic

I'm sorry maybe I'm still mourning over RJ and Purty, if that is the case please excuse me. When I first came to IMOM, I maded sure to read all, and when I joined the caring community, I did not nor will I refer to my babies as "It ".I can understand ppl get very upset and very scattered when it comes to our fur-babies, but I can't understand ppl, not want to try their best, even sell personal belongings to help their own babies. If I comes down to my babies I would have sold everything I owned, but I was lucky and thankful I found all the wonderful ppl, and angels at IMOMS.!!!!

our babies are not 'it' and I get really bothered when someone refers to their doggie or kitty as 'it'

I also followed the steps got everything in ASAP I never saw it as too much work or trouble because my Smokey's life was depending on me to make things happen.

I totally agree, when I see something like that I lose it, but RJ still alittle raw with me, and when I saw such I blew!!! IMOM is a group of WONDERFUL ppl, I'm so lucky to have found them!!! But when ppl it seems to me & me only want only handouts and don't want to try with everything they have and than refer to babies as such, the angry, frustration, kicks in quick!!!

yeah I was following that specific thread also and at first thought it was in error you know typing so fast that one gets caught up in what they are typing but every post that followed was the same 'it' and i was quite bothered

IMOM and their supporters are amazing and I too am lucky to have found them

I would never refer to an animal, whether they are my pet or someone else's, as an "it." They are living creatures, not a piece of furniture! That bothers me too when I see pets and babies referred as "it."

where do you apply for help with vet bill? We have had 2 torn ligaments on 2 dogs knee surgeries on 4 of them I have sold all my jewelery and had rummage sales but the interest is killing me at the vets office I have maxed out my cares credit just the other day when my chi had her ligament fixed

I am so glad that you were able to get your pets fixed...but most groups will not pay for surgeries that have already taken place...but, you can do an internet search to see who offers financial aid, some of the groups are listed by state and others will help all over the US...IMOM unfortunately does not do emergency cases, only spay/neuter now. Also, how about a garage sale (talk to your co-workers, friends and relatives for items if you've already sold yours) and how about a car wash or bake sale? Designate the funds going to your animals, there are so many animal lovers out there...GOOD LUCK and thank you for caring for your pets...