Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Smokey Galvan - Kitty with urinary blockage

185 posts in this topic

Yikes, sorry I am not a night owl and didn't see this until just now. $$$ sent. Yippeeee! Send in the dancing nanners. So happy for Smokey, can't wait to hear the tale of his journey through all of this and back to his family... Betsy

Yay!! Betsy is awake and all funds are met. Thank you!!

I am beyond happy and I know Smokey will be too once he knows he can having his surgery. He is definitely one special guy to have so many angels on his side.

The letter of guarantee has been faxed to his Veterinarian's office and I have received a copy also it is official. *tears of joy*

Thank you to

IMOM

Kyle

Dawn

Jamie

anyone else who had a hand in approving Smokey for funding

everyone who donated

everyone who offered support

this wouldn't be possible without all of you wonderful people

I will be posting updates on Smokey's progress

Edited by VGalvan

I'm so happy to tell you all that Smokey is at ALL FUNDS RAISED! Awesome Sauce!! Thank you Diane for sending in the last $25, thank you so much Betsy for sending in your Match, and thank you ALL so much!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HUGE thanks to all of you who donated and shared! You always come through, and I appreciate you all so much.

Smokey's thread will be moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow his progress as he has his surgery and recovers. Thank you again!!

:bravo:

Double Yay!!!

Is surgery going to be able to happen today??? Praying that the answer is YES...

I am hoping it will be today the office opens at 9am and I will be calling to confirm at that time and they also have the faxed letter of guarantee so maybe I will hear from them first.

I just spoke to Jason and Cassandra and Sunnymead Veterinary Clinic and they confirmed they have received the faxed letter of guarantee from IMOM and they also said Dr. Park gets in around 10am and I need to call back then to see what he says about doing Smokey's surgery today.

Fingers crossed that Smokey gets surgery today and moves closer to getting fixed up and going home!!!

and now for the news we have all been waiting for ... (I'm doing a little happy dance right now)

I just got off the phone with Jason at Sunnymead Veterinary Clinic and he placed me on hold while he located and spoke to Dr. Park regarding surgery and he confirmed that Smokey will be having his surgery TODAY!!!!

I cannot thank the angels enough

Edited by VGalvan

That's great news! Paws crossed for a successful surgery! :)

Jamie.K

Looking forward to an update on Smokey after his surgery today, fingers and paws crossed all went well. Would be nice to hear some good news today. Betsy

I just spoke to Dr. Park he said he is doing Smokey's surgery this evening and he said "the people who helped you are very nice, don't worry I am going to make him all better for you". he said Smokey will be there until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week but he said I can come by to see him anytime.

Edited by VGalvan

I am in as much suspense as everyone else to know how Smokey is doing after his surgery. I am attending my cousin's funeral this morning and soon as everything is over I planned to head straight to Sunnymead Veterinary Clinic but my calendar says otherwise because I have a Dr. appointment at 2:30pm PST so I will call the clinic in between the funeral and my appointment for an update and after my appointment I will go straight to the clinic and get some pictures of my boy

Thank you all again

Wow, with all that's going on, please remember to breathe. Give some smooches from me to your little sweetheart.

Diane

Spoke to Jason at Sunnymead Veterinary Clinic he said Smokey's surgery went great and that the morning nurses are with him now doing an assessment and that I can call back later to get more of an update.

Edited by VGalvan

Thanks Diane I will do that when I see him

yeah there has been way too much going on I will update everyone later

Thanks again

what a long day ... sheesh

I had no time to call the vet after the funeral and before my appointment I barely made it to my appointment on time.

I did go see Smokey though after he looked so sad when I got there and his bowl was full of food

post-31509-0-33621400-1406346192_thumb.j

He got up right after he heard and saw me and stayed toward the back of the kennel

(it looked like he was not used to his cone) then he started looking for his bowl of food and attempted to eat and I hand fed him also.

these are some of the pictures from my visit

post-31509-0-17805000-1406346429_thumb.j

post-31509-0-52992800-1406346492_thumb.j

post-31509-0-46748000-1406346533_thumb.j

post-31509-0-86722200-1406346571_thumb.j

post-31509-0-95994700-1406346605_thumb.j

post-31509-0-55525300-1406346645_thumb.j

post-31509-0-33411800-1406346672_thumb.j

post-31509-0-15997600-1406346716_thumb.j

post-31509-0-77529900-1406346742_thumb.j

Smokey's whole booty is shaved and he has a tube coming out of his whoohaa

post-31509-0-49953000-1406347048_thumb.j

I hope I can go see Smokey tomorrow and ask more questions etc.

I'm so glad you were able to see him yesterday and get him to eat - he certainly needs the food to help get better. You can tell his demeanor is totally different after you have been there with him. Smooch on his head and more wishes for a continued recovery. Betsy

I'm so glad you were able to see him yesterday and get him to eat - he certainly needs the food to help get better. You can tell his demeanor is totally different after you have been there with him. Smooch on his head and more wishes for a continued recovery. Betsy

I am glad too and yes his demeanor totally changes he is on his way to recovery.

I briefly spoke to Dr. Park since I didn't sign in to see him I only signed in to visit Smokey hopefully if I am able to go today I will sign in to talk to him or a nurse so they can go over Smokey's chart with me and let me know what has happened what else is going on and what will happen

Victoria ~ You can definitely see the adoration in Smokey's eyes when he looks at you. I hope you can visit him again today so he will eat. Just keep talking to him and letting him know that he will be coming home soon. I really believe they understand everything we say.

Lisa,

I am sure there is lots of confusion going on in his mind ..

I just think poor Smokey because he gets up all excited and he must think he is coming home but then I leave without him.

he even meowed a little bit yesterday I couldn't make out what he was trying to tell me but I am almost sure he was trying to tell me to bring him home LOL

I can't wait to bring him home

post-31509-0-24643300-1406387989_thumb.j

Edited by VGalvan