Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Billy: Dog with Severe Pancreatitis

182 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE: Billy has $858 in donations and needs $995 more.

IMOM sent a Letter of Guarantee to Billy's vet last evening for what had been raised and we now need to raise the remainder of funds to ensure Billy continues to receive treatment. Billy's family loves their boy so much. Please help them help Billy. He needs a chance to recover. His family is fighting so hard for him.

To make a donation visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Billy Chavira - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal use the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Billy.

Thank you for your care and support!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Billy Boy Billy was attacked by two dogs twice in 2009 but he never complained about the pain. He is a very loving quiet dog but he is never quiet when strangers are around. You can be assured that he's there to protect you. Can you be there for Billy Boy?Can you please give him another chance to live his life so we can give back to Him, all that He has done for us? We are still fighting to raise the funds due by end of day today so the vets can extend his treatment through tomorrow? Visit Marie Serrano Chavira on Facebook to view Billy's pics and video. Thanks to all

Edited by mariechavira

we all know that dogs fart. But you have no idea how loud and smelly this dog's fart is. He can clear a room of people. He snores like no other, well, he is second to my husband's snoring I love him so much and will never get tired of him.I miss your snores and your farts Billy Boy please come back home to us. alive and well. Love you... Mom

Edited by mariechavira

FUND UPDATE: Billy has $858 in donations and needs $995 more.

IMOM sent a Letter of Guarantee to Billy's vet last evening for what had been raised and we now need to raise the remainder of funds to ensure Billy continues to receive treatment. Billy's family loves their boy so much. Please help them help Billy. He needs a chance to recover. His family is fighting so hard for him.

To make a donation visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Billy Chavira - or you can make a direct donation using Paypal use the address paypal@imom.org. Be sure to note for Billy.

Thanks so much, Dawn. Yes, we love our Billy Boy so much and were not giving up!?! Please help us help Billy by donating for his treatment. Thank you all!

Edited by mariechavira

Billy eats the veggies and fruits my kids won't eat. The animal shelter where we got him from sits close to farming areas. I believe Billy was once a farm dog, raised on healthy food. Maybe I should move closer to Ventura so my kids can learn how to eat fruits and veggies too. No grapes and heavily seeded fruits please:-)

I don't see that we've had a matching challenge lately. I hereby throw down the gauntlet and dare someone to take my money! That's right! I have issued a matching challenge for the next $100!

OH BOY - MATCHING CHALLENGE TIME! Double your donation for the next $100!

Billy certainly sounds like a character. Let's get this boy the help he needs to get better and back to his family - I'm sure they'll even welcome back his snores and farts - LOL!

Thank you!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Dogs at parks. Billy gets really excited sitting on my lap whileI'm driving. Just as soon as he smells horse 'poop', he knows he's close to the park.

You'd think he would socialize with the other dogs. They all try to play with him, but our Billy Boy is like Security. He inspects and pees on every corner of the dog park fence, to ensure 'safety' of the dogs in the dog park. He's our guy!

Edited by mariechavira

looks like my $85 matching challenge got met, so I'm off to donate it now.

This is Sammy Marie's daughter. Every time I come from Vegas to California to visit my family, Billy always sleeps next to me if not on top of me. Lol he's such a sweet dog. My mom and all of us love him so very much. It's really not his time to go. Please if anyone can help us save Billys life. We can't say goodbye yet.

Billy has a very cute personality he's living, gentle yet full of energy. He loves to get his tummy rubbed and he likes to sleep literally right next to you in bed so he can feel your warmth.-Sammy

post-9302-0-38863700-1406041204_thumb.jp

FUND UPDATE: Billy has $943 in donations and needs $910 more.

Billy has a $100 Matching Challenge!!

Thanks Jaz for sending your match; thank you Elwen for your Matching Challenge; and thank you Angels for your donations so far. Folks, Billy really needs our help, and his family is doing a great job of posting about their boy. We need to raise quite a bit more TODAY. If you're unable to donate, don't forget to share.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

How does this dog stay under 3 layers of blankets during winter, and not gasp for air? Billy does it everytime, we have to peek under the blankets every 5 minutes to make sure he's still alive and breathing. I miss having him under our blankets. Please help our Billy heal so we can have him back home happy and healthy.

Edited by mariechavira

To whom it may concern,

I can't really describe what it is when you come home and your pet is not there to greet you like they always do. All you feel is a caving sadness that aches the moment you walk through the doors and expect something so natural because it has been that way day after day and when it no longer is there-it hurts. This is a small glimpse at what would happen if we aren't able to help Billy. He will be gone. Since he got sick this is what happens when I come home. I ache and lose words because I miss him and am scared of the worst, but I can't imagine what it's like for Billy these past couple of weeks. Poked. Prodded. Uncomfortable and in extreme pain.

I am grateful to imom for their genuine willingness to help Billy and his vets treating him at the hospital who give him constant supervision and treatment to help ease his pain and digestive system that is so fragile right now he has been given a feeding tube through his nose and an IV to sustain him. He needs more time and hospitalization- without it I will come home everyday hoping and longing for that sweet little guy to, First, jump off my bed (when I'm gone it somehow becomes his. And I can hear his collar jingle at the action), Second to see him turn the corner and wiggle his butt with joy (Billy's tail overpowers his narrow hips so it waddles in a funny way like a duck lol), and Third to see that look in his eyes. Any pet owner will tell you, you know the look that they give you like you're THEIR favorite person in the whole world because to them-You Are.

I'm kinda begging for someone to read this and maybe identify with what it has been like or for someone to truly see just how much Billy means to us. We're really pulling for a miracle, but I will ask that if you can't, could you at least pray for Billy. Send words of hope his way because like these donations, the more we pray for him-the bigger a prayer for a miracle. Thank you to all!

Please help us save Billy.

Sincerely,

His family

Edited by mariechavira

Have you been able to talk to the clinic to see how Billy did last night and how this morning is going so far?

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Billy today.

Judy and All. As of this morning 10:21am california time billy showed SIGNIFICANT amount of residuals of food in his stomach. He successfully passed food down yesterday but not today. his test showed that even though his levels are low he is clinically stable. They will continue to feed and give his medication for pain today. They told me I can call between 2 and 4 p_m pacific standard time for an update which I will do I will keep you posted please please please pray for my baby boy he is fighting with what strength and might he has left. He needs urgent supportive care until he can eat on his own or successfully digest food. Please help us keep billy under suppotive care. Pleasel

Edited by mariechavira

Billy getting exercise at the park. We always take his portable drinking cup

post-31512-0-04052900-1406050367_thumb.j

Edited by mariechavira

Billy's most beloved sport is taking trips in the car. And his captain seat is, you guessed it, YOUR LAP! When we drive on the road Billy loves the moving without getting tired LOL. And one of his main attractions is Dog and people looking. Yup, he is nosy! At a stop sign or signal, he'll peer into your car and check you out. If it's a dog, we'll, I guess Billy tells them off, lol. Billy loves to travel. He loves the excitement of adventure. I often wonder how he lived as a pup. My wife got him when he was young, she adopted him from an animal shelter, my wife would never buy from a pet shop. She would rather save a dogs life! Yes, my wife is a very a compassionate person, saint like, literally! Billy, is a real member of our family. Whenever we pray, my wife ALWAYS mentions Billy Boy. So this is a real test for us. But we will never give up hope and faith, no matter what happens! The real triumph is when we all pull together to help each other, and we may never meet in person. Wow, the human spirit is awesome. Can you imagine the many great things we can all do together? We'll our family crisis at this time is Billy Boy. Thank you to all those who gave in this time of need. Dad

If Billy could talk. he would say:

His please and thank you when you give him food or a treat

I love your hugs, kisses and belly rubs

Can we go for a ride? Down the street is fine

Excuse me if I farted...I can't control it!

Thank you my family for adopting me and giving me a loving home

I don't like baths but I feel really awesome after taking one!

Why am I so sick and have stay here at the hospital? I miss you guys:-(

I hear doctors talk but I can't understand what they're saying

Dad, Mom when will you pick me up so I can go home?

Please help us help Billy heal through any support you can give. It's OK if you can't, we understand. But please keep praying for him.

Edited by mariechavira