Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

RJ Keller - 8-Year-Old Spayed Tabby Cat with Nasal Tumor/Rhinitis Epistaxis

122 posts in this topic

Will this hell ever end?? We had to let Purty go this morning, she just didn't want to stay without RJ. RJ please hold ur loving paws out for her, she loved you, so much she didn't want to stay with me. Y R my babies leaving. I love you and Purty so much, y'alls pain is over mine is enhanced. With loving hugs and kiss to u both!!!

Oh Janet, I am so very sorry. To lose two babies so close to each other must be so awful. RJ, please watch for your sister and show her the ropes when she gets up to the bridge, we all know you will gladly do so. Betsy

I dropped a tear in the ocean today, when y'all find that tear is when I'll stop missing, y'all.

Such a beautiful quote for such a broken heart. And yes it's beyond hard, I can't believe as kuhio98, said why is the sun still raising? My heart is ripped out .First my RJ and now my Purty, how can anyone lose 2babies in a week?? How can my babies leave me? There's not a day I don't think of RJ and now Purty. I don't want to see the sun, I don't wanted to know the world is still going on, when mine is destroyed! My RJ & Purty gave a love that transcends death, and that love, is something I need!!

I am so so so sorry...sending hugs to you...I can't imagine how you are feeling right now...sometimes it just doesn't seem fair...I am so glad that you are here on IMOM so we can be with you now...you are not alone, we are all here with you...remember that...

:rose: :rose: Thinking of you today. In the topic section below this one is a beautiful poem posted by an IMOM friend, Kay. AJ wanted me to be sure you see it.

Thank u and AJ for letting you remember it, it's seems it not getting easier, I continue to look for my RJ and I know I heard Purty twice this morning, and found out we won't get RJ back home until next week. I want to again thank each and everyone of y'all for being here!!! I know y'all may get tired of reading it, but it's the only way I can show how truly grateful I am for y'all

I am so glad that you have heard Purty...you know I believe that your loves come back to let you know it's OK to mourn for them but they want you to know that they will be with you always...just in a different form...AND in your heart...nothing can ever take that away from you...

Thank you, Judy it helps when I think I hear her, but it also hurts. But I'm trying to remember their love, their good days,, the love I know they had for me, and me for them. Still having my breakdowns, can't say it's getting any easier, but it's not any worse. I may be doing myself harm, but I feel the need to watch RJ'S video everyday, just to make sure I still have it. And to see her,. Thank y'all for thinking of me.I appreciate very much!!!

Everyone mourns in their own way and their own time. Do not beat yourself up about it - watch the video, cry, laugh, stare at toys RJ played with, whatever you need to do. There is no normal for this, and as we all know, it hurts to our very core when we lose a best buddy/buddies. We are all here to lean on if you need it. Betsy

Thank you so much Besty, it's Very Much Appreciated!!!!

Got the call today that RJ will be coming home tomorrow or Wednesday, my heart is lefted to have that news, but tonight my heart is breaking again, some thing's I'll never understand, something's I'll never comprehend,. How many more time's can a persons heart breaks until only pieces remain??

Happy to hear RJ will be home again soon. My heart breaks for you. Sorry you have to go through this. Time is about the only thing which will allow you to adjust. Blessings

RJ is home, my heart should be a bit lighter, but it's only heavy. The vet gave her paw print to us, it was so small!! How can I keep from falling apart with so much loss and pain? I put her in her bed, but not sure how long I can look at a box with only her ashes, maybe it was better empty. Thank y'all for being angels when there was none to be seen, thank y'all for helping when noone else wanted and thank y'all for continually standing by when it seems only a hole remains!!!!!!

I remember bringing Layla home too and how heavy my heart was. The day she went to the bridge, I remember looking at her and thinking how can I ever leave her here?? In the days, hours, minutes between her coming home, I fretted. I worried, I cried, Layla had never been away from me. After all, I promised her. When I got the call from the vet that she was there, I thought I would run to go get her. But, I could barely walk. It was all it took to drive and pick her up. I guess I thought that the house would feel the same once she was home.

Sorry to ramble but my point being is this - I think that bringing them home is one of the hardest times we face with our pet, aside from "the day". It is the final fullfillment we make to them, because after all, we promise to take care of them forever. And we do.

I can tell you that it will get a little easier seeing them in their final place. I no longer feel like I did when I first brought Layla home. I am forever thankful that she is here with me because I'd feel so lost not knowing where her final resting place was.

I am so verry sorry for your loss. I read through your story the other day and my heart truly aches for you. It's never easy and even harder when we don't get enough time (we never really do though, do we?). But know this: RJ was yours and that's pretty darn amazing. In a world of 70 billion people, she chose you.

Thank you for your kind words at Layla's. I really appreciate your time and kindness, especially during your own heartache.

:heart:

Gab

I lost 2 of my furbabies 4 days apart in January of 2013. I didn't think the pain would ever go away or even lessen but it did with time. My eyes will fill with tears sometimes when I think of them but now I can also smile. It takes time but there will come a day when the pain will lessen. I can't tell you when that day will be but I will promise you that it will come. Take all the time you need to grieve. After all, if we didn't love them so much, it wouldn't hurt so bad.

((((((hugs))))))

Thank y'all so much, and no I can't see it getting better, even though I know it will, right now just still very raw, I still walk into the kitchen expecting her to be waiting for her food. Than my heart starts breaking again. I'm also sorry for yalls loss. But again thank y'all so much

It is nice to see you helping and encouraging others on the site, and your positive energies are inspiring to others to keep fighting for the fur kids.

I hope today you'll have good memories of the babies you've lost recently.

Thank you, but truth be told I'm not really sure if it will ever stop the pain! I think I really need a punching bag or something, to try and release some feelings on. But thank you for the encouring word's!!!

Just because u can't see me, I am here

Just because u can't pet me, I am here

Just because u can't feed me, I am here

Just because u can't hold me, I am here.

When u sit and cry,the tears are my wet kisses, When u sit and think it's my memories, When u feel like not another day, it's me reminding you, Mama ur love kept me going, now please let mine keep you. I'm always here, maybe not how u want, but now when you need

I thought I was doing good, thought I was doing better. I'm so happy for everyone's happy endings, but why couldn't RJ have been one? Am I wrong in feeling that? I'm truly happy for theirs!!! I........ Without IMOM I know she would have suffered, without y'all I wouldn't have been able to express anything it would have all stayed in.. For this I'm grateful!!! But my heart is still destroyed.

Of course you are not wrong. It is possible to be truly happy for others while feeling sad and sometimes angry about a loss like RJ. It is a devastating blow. Take the time you need to take to heal - we all do it differently. Betsy

I'm sorry I've been gone, we have had another sick baby, still no sure why yet. And than other day I was looking into saved E-mail and seen RJ 'S, as I sat and reread it brought it all back. I couldn't force myself to delete them just yet. The day's have gotten easier I guess, but I'm still missing a big part of my heart, cause 2weeks after we had to let her go we also had to let 2 of Our other babies go. I'm so sorry to see where IMOM doesn't have enough volunteers to help. Without IMOM, and

All those who had help I'm truly not sure I would have made it till today. Not only did y'all get us to the truth of her cancer ,I believe without the loving, caring, non judging ppl y'all truly have saved me!!!! Without knowing y'all I can't say I would still be around. So not only did y'all help RJ and was always beside us, y'all helped me. The tears still fall everyday, but I know people as great and as wonderful as y'all exist!! THANK Y'ALL!!!!!