Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

RJ Keller - 8-Year-Old Spayed Tabby Cat with Nasal Tumor/Rhinitis Epistaxis

122 posts in this topic

Checking in to see how today has been...sending prayers and hugs to you both....I am so sorry that RJ doesn't seem to really be doing her best...it's so hard to have to deal with this...know that we are here for you both and that we do understand how hard this is.

Thank y'all both, and the bleeding is very minimum, I know what needs to be done, I have said it so many time's to myself today, I know I'm being selfish, I know I love her so much, there's so many thing's I know, but making the right choice escapes me. I keep thinking one more day she'll get better, just one more day, she'll be fine but in my heart I know it isn't true. I am left with no options. I am left with loving her and holding her tight one more night. I am broken, lost I would chose to take her place than knowing what has to be. Me & RJ want to say Thank y'all for everything y'all have done. I'm closing out for tonight to be with her, as always I will be RJ'S mama

Know that you are a wonderful Momma...and RJ knows that...believe me...

You are doing what you have to do because you love her so much....no matter who has to do this or when you do it it's a terribly hard thing to do, but you do it because of the love and respect that you have for your friend.....

I will be with you in spirit and prayers today. I want to thank you for sharing your girl with us.....hugs

Not sure how to go on,the decision was maded yesterday,but there was always a small admount of hope,this morning results came back she was positive for Cancer,it seemed like she knew,she would'nt eat ,she would'nt drink ,my baby finally said mama its ok,but it isn't!!!!!!!! Today at 4, I she took her last breath I was with my baby just as I was when she took her first breath,my heart is an open wound that is bleeding out,,My RJ I know is happy,healthy,and enjoying her new found home. I know I'm selfish, I know she's not hurting, but I want her here I want to say comeon RJ and her come running and put her in my arm's and hold her close. I don't understand she was loved so much, just needed a little while longer. I want to Thank Everyone for their help and encouragement, Big hugs from Me &RJ, thanks to y'all I did have her a week longer. My love, My life, My RJ is with her sister and her mama. I'll go for now I can't stop the tears.

Sad. I am so sad. I wish that I could say something to ease the pain, stop the tears, but having been in your shoes just a couple weeks ago, I know that can't be done. Cry, hurt, miss your baby, look at pictures, remember the good times and smile through the tears. Know that the last thing you did for RJ was the best thing and proved your love for her a million times over. Hugs to you and know that you are in all of our thoughts. Betsy

I am so sorry you had to make this decision, the hardest one there is, but the last, best gift of love for our beloved companions. I also lost my 11 year old dog July 4th, suddenly, and in December lost my 12 year old cat to cancer. He got so sick so fast that no amount of money or care could have saved him, and I had to say goodbye to him. My heart is breaking for you, but I hope one day you will take comfort in knowing that you did everything possible for your baby boy RJ, all the way to the end. He crossed the bridge surrounded by your love, just as he was all his life.

:animcnda_lg:

Judy G.

I'm so very sorry. I understand the pain you feel of losing such a dear loved one and friend. RJ had a wonderful life, and that was due to you, so I hope you find comfort in knowing that. Please know that you are not alone. You will always have friends here.

Rest in Peace RJ. :animcnda_lg:

Jamie.K

I am so sad that RJ had to go ahead of you...you were such a good Momma to her...be proud that you tried your hardest to keep her with you, but at the end you did what you had to do out of love for her...

There is one thing that can never be taken away from you and that is the memories you will have of your girl...she was very special to us here at IMOM and that was because you shared her with us... :animcnda_lg:

Edited by Judy

I don't know what to say. The love you have for RJ came through in every note you posted, so I'm sure she felt that love with every stroke and every kiss and every hug you gave.

I like to share my AJ's flower as a promise that your love and kindness ripples on. She's well and whole and smiling down at you. :rose:

Edited by CatPaws

RJ's Mom emailed me and asked me to post a little video of RJ, but I haven't figured out how to download it onto my computer from the internet. I've emailed her and asked if she can email it to me. In the meantime, you can see the video at this link: http://instagram.com/p/qeJ8F3Mim_/

What a sweet girl.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Run free Precious RJ. You will be forever in our hearts, never to be forgotten.

RJ's Mom is unable to download her video and email it - she sold her computer to help RJ before she found IMOM. The link works, so everyone will be able to see the video of cute little RJ.

Jamie.K

Janet:

I am so very sorry for your loss. You and RJ shared a lot of love over the years. :animcnda_lg:

Thank y'all for the thoughts and prayers for her, still not able to accept it yet. Most ppl don't understand, my family can't understand, she was my baby, yes ppl have 2legged children I have a son, but RJ was someone who loved me not for what I did or what I could do, she never looked at me in a negative way, all in her eye's was complete, total, honest love. To me that is the purest love there is!! To have to release a love like that is a terrible thing. Everyone says ,you have other's, this is true, but just as two legged children nomatter how many they are all different, RJ was a special love, there will never be another to replace the hole there is now. I miss getting up and seeing her up on the counter hollering, cause she wants food, I miss the love nibbles, I miss my RJ

You are right, nothing will replace RJ. Love never ends, and RJ will always be with you. Betsy

I am so happy to know your name...Janet, you're right, there is NO other RJ...there never will be...We lost our GSD, Kayla many years ago...she was my heart dog...it was just last year that I replaced her photo from the screensaver on our computer...I can still cry so easily over her...but, we have moved on and have TWO of the best girls in the world...both of them were rescues...and I love them with all my heart...RJ will NEVER be able to be replaced and rightfully so...right now you are mourning your loss and that is natural...we all understand...RJ was your special girl...and always will be.

To say I'm sorry for your loss is a huge under statement. It's so hard being on that roller-coaster. I have been there quite a few times over the years. Dec.27, 2013 I had to have my Neo Cat put out of his pain. I did everything I could but his cancer was so severe he would eat and vomit. He was trying to survive but it was killing him and nothing would have saved him so I had to let go. It sucked... no lie. I sat with him for an hour afterward just holding him and crying the whole time. They came in to comfort me but .... nothing would or could for many weeks. What kept me going was volunteering at my local shelters. I had no intentions of getting another kitty. One day in February, My disabled son and I were at the shelter. We saw "BOO". This little buff colored fur ball literally jumped out of the cage into my sons arms. Purring, meowing, loving on him to no end. He would climb between my son and me making sure to let us know he wanted to be with us. My sons face lit up and that's when I just knew he was coming home with us. He will never replace Neo because every animal has it's own unique personality and connection to us. Simba did fill the emptiness we had. It was almost as if Neo sent him to us. Simba is our Lion King.

If you're like me and need to keep your mind busy to try to avoid crying constantly, maybe volunteering will help when you are ready. You don't have to rush... everyone grieves in a different way and for different lengths of time. You will always have a support group here.

Sending Blessings, prayers, and positive thoughts to you,

Kathy

Thank you Kathy, and you also have my condolences, as does everyone who has lost a baby. To volunteer would mean, that I would be leaving them there, alone. Our shelter here isn't one in which I could leave any animal. I see an animal on the road my heartbreaks for it, I want to stop and bring it home. I can't detach my feeling long enough not to leave crying everytime. But thank you for the advice I appreciate it very much!! Also we will be getting RJ back next week, the vet dropped the cost so we could have her cremated, she's going right back in her bed,when she comes home

I always found it comforting when they came back home again...I will be so happy when RJ does get back home where she belongs.

Me too Judy, every morning I still look, and I still call her name, by mistake I'm not quite sure how much longer this can go on! I've lost before but RJ is taking a toll on all. Purty is one that came up just out of the blue one day, and since we lost RJ I believe she is grieving herself, she has stopped eating and isn't drinking, how can I help her to try and move on?? Now I'm wondering if I'm going to lose another!!

Edited by JanandLynn

My precious baby, I would give all my being just to hear you meow, I would give everything I own just to have you hug me again!! Please keep a watch over Purty, I think she's missing you as much as your mama! I love u my baby!!

Janet ~ Every journey is different, so I can only tell you my experience.

Losing Kuhio at 17-years old was devastating. Bobcat (hubby) and I were seriously surprised when the sun rose the next day. How could it when our baby was gone?

So, we cried and cried. I wanted to talk about Kuhio all the day, Bobcat didn't want to hear her name. We also slipped up and called Halo (kitty adopted after Kuhio) by Kuhio's name. It hurt at first when we caught ourselves. Halo's fur soaked up a lot of tears that first year. But, sometime during that year, I found myself laughing and crying at the same time when we talked about Kuhio. Then at some point, the tears stopped and we could talk about all the happy memories -- instead of focusing on that ONE, awful memory.

Oh, I still tear up now and then looking at her photos (12 years later, they are still on the fridge). But, it has gotten better with time. Not because I didn't love her or don't miss her, but because I know I will see her again some day and because of her, more loving kitties have come into our life.

I believe this with all my heart..... The only thing worse than losing RJ, would be to lose her and to never love another. Be patient with yourself. Be kind and don't beat yourself up when you have a meltdown. And go ahead and talk to RJ. I believe her spirit is still there trying to comfort you. If I'm wrong, who's gonna know that you talk to yourself? :)

I believe this with all my heart..... The only thing worse than losing RJ, would be to lose her and to never love another. Be patient with yourself. Be kind and don't beat yourself up when you have a meltdown. And go ahead and talk to RJ. I believe her spirit is still there trying to comfort you. If I'm wrong, who's gonna know that you talk to yourself? :)

We believe this too. And in today's age, if you get caught "talking to yourself" just pretend you have a blue tooth in your ear... nobody will ever know. :rose: Thinking of you today.

Thank you, kuhio98, and I'm so sorry for ur loss, I wish no furbabies have to go through cancer, can't seem to understand y the most innocent of babies must suffer what humanity does.And CatPaws thank you for that smile and giggle needed it!! I hoping like Judy said when she's back home a little will easy, she was never away from me until she had the CT and than I wanted to sleep at the vet's. THANK Y'ALL for still being here for me!!!!