Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

RJ Keller - 8-Year-Old Spayed Tabby Cat with Nasal Tumor/Rhinitis Epistaxis

122 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Nasal Tumor

Treatment: Surgery, CT (and/or possible scope), Fungal Titers, Biopsy (with Histopathology)

Low end of estimate: $1800

Owner contribution: $0 (Owner has already spent $828 on treatment/meds and borrowed that.)

Needed for low end of the estimate: $1800

5% for IMOM operating expenses: $90

Our fund raising goal: $1890

Spayed: Yes

Caseworker: Jamie K.

RJ is at All Funds Raised!! Donations No Longer Needed!!

post-9302-0-33247200-1404765297_thumb.jp

RJ is an 8-year-old spayed short-haired tabby cat with a nasal tumor/rhinitis epistaxis. She is bleeding from her nose and is having difficulty breathing. RJ's Mom has been working very hard to get RJ the treatment and care she needs; treatment already provided: SubQ fluids, pain meds, nasal flushes, exams, Prednisone and other meds, drops, bloodwork, culture, X-Rays.

RJ's vet referred her to a specialty vet, and the soonest they could perform surgery was tomorrow, and it is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. EST. Unfortunately, we didn't receive the paperwork from the vet until this afternoon, so we don't have much time to raise the funds needed. RJ should have already had this surgery, and it's a miracle she made it through the long weekend.

RJ’s Mom, who has had her since she was a kitten, has this to say: "Rj isn't a pet, she's my baby, we can always expect her to walk up and give us love nibbles when she's hungry, hollar at us when she gets mad, to wake up knowing my baby is there is like knowing that I am loved and needed, to look at her big green eye's just seeing the love and also when she's mad makes my whole world worth living. And to know when she needs me the most I'm not able to help, is killing me, but her love is still giving me the strength to try and find a way. That is why we need ya.”

RJ's Mom has also been posting in the introductions section of the forum here:

http://www.imom.org/...278#entry152427

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for RJ Keller. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate RJ’s name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Thank y'all so much!!! I know there's still a long road, but to know ppl are trying to help RJ has given me hope!!!!

She has stopped eating, so now I'm pushing atleast 15cc of pedilight, mixed with soft food. But she's not allowed to have anything after 10pm,just incase, but they are allowing me to give her one dose of pain meds in morning. My baby is still fighting, as long as my baby is fighting I will be beside her!!

Angels - RJ is one very special Kitty. Her mom has been working SO very hard to get her the treatment she needs and made sure she made it through the weekend so she can have a chance.

PLEASE let's help her help her girl.

SHARE all about RJ - send out the link to this forum, share on Facebook or Re-tweet on Twitter. Get the word out. We have a lot of work to do before tomorrow morning. Let's give RJ a chance. Her mom's not giving up on her. We can't either.

If you can make a donation of ANY SIZE AT ALL, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for RJ Keller - or you canmake a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient - and note for RJ Keller.

Thank you, Angels. This Kitty needs all of us helping out!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Nothing like a matching challenge to get things rolling. Really want to see RJ get into surgery and get this thing behind the family. $200 is on the table. Who will take my money? Betsy

post-9302-0-16341700-1404770215_thumb.jp

Yay - a $200 Matching Challenge!! Thank you so much Betsy!! Okay, who's going to take a bite out of Betsy's very generous Matching Challenge? We've got a lot of work to do for little RJ, and this MC will go a long way towards our goal. If you're not able to donate, please share, share, share so we can get the word out about this poor kitty.

If you are able to donate, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for RJ Keller; or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for RF.

Thank you all!

YIPEE - what a great start to Fund Raising! Time to double your donation. Come take Betsy's money!

Betsy...what a GENEROUS matching challenge...

IMOM angels...RJ's Momma has been posting on the Introduction forum for days now...trying to get paperwork done working with different vets and she never quit trying...

WE CAN HELP HER NOW...even if you can't donate...you can SHARE with your friends, ask them to share with theirs...social media makes it all happen...there are angels around every corner...

Right now NO DONATION is too small...everything amount is doubled...$1.00 becomes $2.00...$5.00 becomes $10.00...and the challenge is for the next $200.00...that is HUGE.....

Please...RJ hung in there thru the long Holiday week end...and needs us now, more than ever...let's get busy...PLEASE...

I forgot to mention...RJ's Momma worked her butt off to get paperwork into IMOM...she shed tears and worried herself silly...but she never gave up.....

Finally! I've been so worried about RJ. I'm amazed that he is still with us. What an amazing, fighting spirit.

Betsy, I'm gonna take some of your money. :) A matching donation is a great way to start things off.

we're in.. sent what we could from the gang at willie's.

Otis and Hoagie, and friends.

FUND UPDATE: RJ has $390 in donations and needs $1500 more!

Betsy's $200 Matching Challenge has been met!

Betsy, send in those $$ and thank you!! Wow! Thank you SO much Angels for this great start to fundraising - that was fast! I just know we're going to get to All Funds Raised for sweet RJ, so she can have her surgery in the morning. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor kitty.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for RJ Keller. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate RJ's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

I wish I could do more but I will match the NEXT $100.00 donated for RJ.....

Let's keep this momentum going!!!!!

I make this challenge to honor some really good people that have lost their beloved pets...Betsy, Judy G, my friends Kathleen and Noralee....all of them are the truest friend any animal could ever want...

Edited by Judy

post-9302-0-55306000-1404773659_thumb.jp

Yay - a $100 Matching Challenge!! Thank you so much Judy!! At this rate, RJ will be at All Funds Raised in no time!! Who's up for taking part or all of Judy's Matching Challenge? I know someone's out there who will! If you're not able to donate, please share, share, share so we can get the word out about this poor kitty.

If you are able to donate, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for RJ Keller; or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for RF.

Thank you all!

I have been crying for day's now trying to help her, and worrying I'll lose her, but looking at this page I'm crying now becouse, y'all are so wonderful!!! If it's only. 50 cent, it is.50 to help my baby, thank y'all so much, my baby says thank y'all

FUND UPDATE: RJ has $925 in donations and needs $965 more!

Judy's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Judy, send in those $$ and thank you!! Wow - you are SO amazing - thank you so much Angels for your donations! Oh my gosh, we're almost halfway there! RJ would be so happy and thank you if she could. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor kitty.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for RJ Keller. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate RJ's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

OMG I was just going to post that I'll be going to be shortly and wanted to be able to send in my money!!! Can't WAIT to get over to the donation page.....

Thank you all, not only were you donating to RJ who so desperately needs this surgery but you are doing so in honor of some very special people and pets...

I just saw this post that RJ's Momma posted on his Introduction thread...it's lovely and I thought you all should read it

"Thank y'all at IMOM, for accepting RJ!!! I know that I have ppl standing beside me &RJ!!! I am able to breathe a little sigh, I'm begging her to hold on for one more day, not to give up just yet!!!! To please let me love her just a little longer, to let me show her the unconditional love she has shown me, for the last 8yrs.I am proud to say I'm RJ'S mama"

""

FUND UPDATE: RJ has $1025 in donations and needs $865 more!

Thank you so much Judy! Thank you all for your donations so far and for sharing RJ's page. We're over halfway there now! I know we're going to get this kitty to All Funds Raised so she can have her procedure tomorrow morning. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor kitty.

Thank you all so much!

Jamie...RJ's Momma is posting on the Introduction thread...I think she's just so happy that RJ is up for fund raising she got confused...so I am copying and pasting what she just wrote

"She just got her last force feeding she took 9cc ,but best thing besides her whip aka tail, was before she got sick, after eating she would get down and stretch walk lol, she just stretched walk!! When she was little we had her and her mama, and sister, we lost them, but named her RJ after her mama Runta, she was so small, she still is, but when she's mad, you can tell she's in the room, and despite her size, she knows she's the queen, she walks up to our pit/rock and she automatically knows RJ wants loving.And I think it's so funny when ever I try and use my mixer, she beats it up, before I ever get it plugged in. My RJ, my child, my love"

Thank you Judy. I'll go over there and post a link to RJ's fundraising page on her intro page to direct people over here. I actually just sent RJ's Mom an email letting her know to just post here from now on. Thank you for copy/pasting her posts over here!

Jamie.K

In honor of Judy G's sweet Shelby, who is and will be greatly missed, I will match the next $100 donated.

Janice G