Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kris IMOM

Cash Olinder - Dog with fungal infection of the bone

76 posts in this topic

Thank you everyone! Yesterday was awesome, Cash went to the beach and had the nicest Vet Tech/Photographer Jennifer Dallas take a million photos of him (I will post them as soon as she sends them over). We are about to head out to Hospital thought I would post Cash waiting on the couch. His nails are painted on the amputation arm so there are no mistakes about which limb is being removed. post-31274-0-00258400-1405090773_thumb.j

Any updates on how surgery went? Pacing and worrying.....

Pacing.gifPacing.gifPacing.gifPacing.gif

Edited by kuhio98

We made it home! Cash hasn't really come to yet and is still sleeping(4 shots of morphine). He is home tonight and will be going back in to the vet tomorrow morning to have antibiotic/painkiller injections. Hoping to get a little food into him so I can give him the meds tonight. No luck so far since he wont wake up.post-31274-0-48422800-1405136356_thumb.j

Hoping all is well with Cash today: ),so glad to see he's at home, will make for a happy recovery!!

I am hoping that Cash is recovering just a little today, I imagine he needs to be "quiet" for a few days and I know he's in good hands with his Momma...

one day at a time...

I really liked the idea of painting the nails; and the heart on Cash's bandage. I hope he does well, and his pain meds keep him comfortable with time to heal.

What great news, so so happy to read this and see the clip of him up and walking. Looks like he's gonna take to being a tripod with no problem. Yippee!!! Betsy

Edited by ABQBets

Cash has been doing pretty well today! A little trouble with all the meds but all in all recovering well.

I'm so happy that Cash is doing so well! It never ceases to amaze me how well animals recover.

Today we went back to the vet for a checkup and to have the bandages removed!!! Everything is looking great!!! Cash is passed out cold from all the moving around but as soon as hes up I will snap a picture :)

As promised a photo of his stitches.... cashstiches.jpg

Edited by aolinder

The vet said everything looks good. He's been a little slowed down lately and having trouble going potty :( I heard pumpkin is supposed to work some magic.... has anyone else heard that? We are taking a long drive tomorrow to grandmas house for some much needed R&R.

Yes, a little pumpkin (plain pumpkin, not the pie filling) is good for constipation. :)

Glad to hear Cash is doing well otherwise.

Judy G.

Capture.jpgPumpkin is surprisingly more difficult to find in the store than I had anticipated! Luckily Grandma has the magic touch :) My mom (grandma) lives in downtown San Diego and Cash had a blast at the park next to her house this weeken. He wanted to run and play with everyone :0 We are going in on Wednesday to have his staples removed. It seems like everyday he's getting just a little more used to be a tripawd and acting like himself again.

Today was a bit off for Cash. Since the day he came home with me as a puppy, he has pretty much never had an accident in the house. This morning Cash broke that record and started in MY bed and ran down the hall mid leaving me a wonderful artistic spray. Has anyone else heard of pets potty tendencies changing after surgery?

Is he still on pain medications? Maybe he was sleeping really well and didn't realize until it was too late?

He has been off his pain meds now for a couple of days but maybe he was still in a daze. Looking forward to seeing the Vet tomorrow.

Stitches are out and everything looks great! We went back to the vet AGAIN today to try to get a bath and a shave but they didn't have time. Cash and the whole posse came down San Diego today to enjoy comic con!

Everything is just CRAZY down here for comic con. Cash is doing really well and loving all the attention. He just went in to Hairy & Merry dog spaw for a little pampering :)

I'm so very happy that Cash is doing so well. He looks like such a happy boy. :-)