Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kris IMOM

Cash Olinder - Dog with fungal infection of the bone

76 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: fungal infection of the bone

Treatment: Amputation

Low end of estimate: $2059

Less applicant contribution: $1000 + $200 pledge from Orange County SPCA

Needed for low end of estimate: $859

5% of $1031 Unknown for IMOM operating expenses: $43

Fundraising goal: $902

Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Kris

Cash is at All Funds Raised!! Donations No Longer Needed!!

Cash is a 6 year old Rottweiler who has a fungal infection of the bone. He needs to have his leg amputated as the first step of his treatment.

Here is what Cash’s mom had to say about him.

Cash is my First born, my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, and the core element of my universe. Cash needs to have his right arm amputated as well as chemo. I know some people wonder why someone would spend so much time & money on a dog. But he’s not just a dog, he's my life. I will do anything to keep him happy & healthy. If you decide to donate, or you decide to read this & smile because you can see how loved he is. Thank you. He makes me smile every day & will continue for many years to come.

What a handsome boy he is!

post-12009-0-80655400-1404452938_thumb.j

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Cash Olinder.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cash’s name when making your donation.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

OMG...I didn't receive an email telling me about Cash!!! Just happened upon the post on the forum.....

Angels, it's the holiday week end...but a major holiday...the celebration of our independence...what a way to honor the day then to help Cash gain his independence...from a terrible infection...we need to spread the word and make this happen...

did you see that his Momma has gotten a lot of outside funding already...we just need to help make this happen.....let's get busy!

Hope this gets the busy started. $100 matching challenge in memory of our sweet Maggie kitty. We picked up her cremains yesterday, and while she never knew any dogs, I am sure she would've liked them and would've wanted us to do this... OK Angels, who will take my money this fine holiday weekend? Betsy

Please angels can u make a donation of any amount? You will be a part of making a difference for Cash and his mom.

Cash needing help doesn't go away just becuz it's a holiday weekend. I know the angels will come through for him!

post-9302-0-98441700-1404508203_thumb.jp

Okay, guys - we have a
$100 Matching Challenge
! Cash really needs our help. I know it's a holiday, but Cash doesn't know that. Who will be the first to take part of Betsy's challenge? I know there is somebody out there who will. If you're not able to donate, please share, share, share.

If you are able to donate, please visit
http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd
and note for Cash Olinder; or you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for Cash.

Thank you all!

I'll take some of that money!

in memory of Betsy's Maggie I too will be happy to take some of the matching challenge.....

Holy smokes. I am so grateful to see all of your responses! Cash is such a lucky guy to have all of your support. Happy 4th!

FUND UPDATE: Cash has $125 in donations and needs $777 more!

The $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Send in those $$ Betsy - thank you! And thank you all for your donations so far! I know this is going to be challenging with the holiday weekend, but I know we can do this for Cash. This poor pup really needs our help. If you're not able to donate, please share, share, share

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Cash Olinder. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cash's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

$$$ sent. Can't think of a better thing to do on a holiday weekend than help someone's furry child. Come on Angels, let's do this!!! Betsy

FUND UPDATE: Cash has $225 in donations and needs $677 more!

Thank you so much, Betsy! And thank you all for your donations so far! I know this is going to be challenging with the holiday weekend, but I know we can do this for Cash. Cash doesn't know it's a holiday. Can you please help? If you're not able to donate, please share, share, share

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Cash Olinder. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cash's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

I saw that Cash's Momma posted in the introduction thread...this is what she wrote:

Greetings. I just joined online and so far have had nothing but success with the volunteers at IMOM. My Rottweiler Cash was recently diagnosed with Osteosarcoma. After visiting multiple vets I finally went to the Vet Cancer group in Tustin CA. And let me tell you that place has it down! They created a "plan" for us and provided us with resources to get the financial help Cash and I needed to beat his cancer. So we are joining the fight against cancer and looking forward to sharing our success!

I saw this on Cash's Momma profile...she is getting used to the forum...here's a little about her and her family, they sound great...

Hi! My name is Lexi and I am the crazy dog lady on the block with my three pups Cash, Chloe and CeCe. Cash and Chloe have been with me since I went to college at SFSU. Cece is the "Oops" accident child when I rescued her from the streets of TJ. She and Chloe were instant besties when they first met last year. Cash puts the girls on ignore and prefers to keep his eye on the prize (me). We recently moved to Costa Mesa when I got a full time job offer with Follett and text book company based out of Chicago. Since we have been here in Orange County we have done a lot of exploring in the Cleveland and Angeles National Forest and smaller trails in the area. We also like to take the occasional trip to dog beach.

Morning Angels!

I hope everyone had a safe 4th of July! We still have a long way to go for Cash. Any amount helps you can also help Cash by sharing his story.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Cash Olinder.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cash’s name when making your donation.

I lost my Shelby girl, my chow mix, very unexpectedly yesterday. Shelby was a beautiful teddy bear of a girl who loved everyone, despite her harsh start in life. She was 11 and had been with me for 10 years this month. Shelby would want to help out another dog, so I am issuing another $100 matching challenge for Cash in her memory.

Judy G.

I lost my Shelby girl, my chow mix, very unexpectedly yesterday. Shelby was a beautiful teddy bear of a girl who loved everyone, despite her harsh start in life. She was 11 and had been with me for 10 years this month. Shelby would want to help out another dog, so I am issuing another $100 matching challenge for Cash in her memory.

Judy G.

Oh, Judy, I am heartbroken for u. What an incredible way to honor Shelby by helping Cash. I hope other IMOM angels will step up and donate in Shelby's honor too.

Hugs

Hi Everyone

A big shout out to Judy G and all the other iMOMers out there who have been reading and posting to on Cash's page. I thought I would tell you little a little bit more about Cash and the first time we met. You see, growing up my mom wouldn't let me have a dog. When I moved away to attend SFSU after high school, I only had one thing on my mind! A few months passed of looking for dogs online and visiting shelters to find my special someone. While I was back in San Diego visiting my parents for Thanksgiving I decided to "go look".

I walked to the back of the couple's house only to be greeted by a herd of baby bears. As I pushed my way out towards the backyard, they were quickly distracted by all there was to be seen in the backyard. Mr Burnside and his wife had never intended to be Rottweiler breeders and were trying to find homes for the last remaining pups. He had one boy and one girl left. He pointed towards a bush and there he was, a little chubby boy stuck in between two branches. He was so fixated on getting the piece of food he couldnt figure out his belly was what was holding him back. As I am sure you know, I fell in love, I wanted to take him home right then and there. I told Mr. Burnside I wanted to sleep on it and get back to him in the morning. On the car ride home, I received a call from Mr. Burnside telling me someone else just came over and purchased the little boy I fell in love with. I was devastated, angry and couldn't believe I didn't take the chance and commit when the opportunity was right in front of me. The following day Mr. Burnside called me back again and said there had been a mistake and he had always had 2 boys left and never a girl. He suggested I come back and take a look at the other boy to see if I had any interest. To my surprise when I went back to meet the last pup of the litter, it was the same chubby little boy and I knew it was destiny.

Edited by aolinder

FUND UPDATE: Cash has $245 in donations and needs $657 more!

$20 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you Judy G., and I'm so sorry to hear about Shelby. Okay, folks we've got a good start, but we have quite a bit of work left to do. Can you please help Cash? Now is a good time to donate since your donation will be doubled. We need to get to All Funds Raised so we can get Cash all fixed up. If you're not able to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites.

Thank you all so much!

Judy G...I am so so sorry to hear about your Shelby...but a matching challenging is a wonderful way for you to honor her...thank you.....

I am glad that Cash's Momma has found the forum and look forward to hearing a lot more about her boy.....he sounds like a pretty darn special guy.....

Judy G., I'm heartbroken to hear this news. I know Shelby must have been one wonderful pup.

Angles - let's honor Shelby by meeting this challenge!

AND... PLEASE share all about Cash on all your social media sites.

If you can make a donation - any size at all, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Cash Olinder. You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for Cash.

Thank you for helping Cash's mom help her boy.

Fund Update: Cash has $270 in donations and needs $632 more as of 4:07 pm PST 7/5/2014.

**$45 of Cash's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!**

Angels we still have a $55 left of the matching challenge. Make your money work twice as hard for this sweet boy. It is very clear how much Cash's mom loves him, let's get him the help he needs.

Please share his story anyway you can.

If you can make a donation - any size at all, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Cash Olinder. You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for Cash.

Fund Update: Cash has $295 in donations and needs $607 more as of 9:47 pm PST 7/5/2014.

**$70 of Cash's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!**

Angles don't miss this opportunity to make your money work twice as hard. There is still $30 remaining in the matching challenge.

Please share his story anyway you can.

Yes, it's a holiday weekend, but let's not forget that there is a Pet in Need - I know everyone is busy, but PLEASE, if you can make a donation of ANY SIZE, they all add up. Remember, there is still $30 remaining in the matching challenge and you can double your donation

I know there are many Rottie lovers out there so we need to remember to SHARE all about Cash. The link to this forum is http://tinyurl.com/nhd9meg you can copy it and send it to everyone you know. You can also SHARE on Facebook or RETWEET on Twitter. I know we won't let Cash down

If you can make a donation, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd; note for Cash Olinder. You can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for Cash.

Thank you for caring about this sweet pup.

Edited by Dawn IMOM