Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
CatPaws

Shelby F.

5 posts in this topic

The last few weeks have been incredibly sad with the loss of IMOM PINS.

My friends lost their beautiful german shepherd, Shelby, this week while I was away on business.

On the weekend Princess Garcia became an IMOM PIN, Shelby presented with the exact same symptoms as Princess. I thought, "tell me this isn't happening." Shelby was rushed into emergency surgery with mass on the spleen. Hers turned out to be one of the most aggressive forms of cancer.

She began having seizures early in the week, and her family knew it was time to let her go.

When I was told we had lost Shelby I felt beaten to a pulp emotionally. That dog loved her dad, worshipped him like a god. In his grieving he expressed, "I don't think anything or anyone has ever loved me like Shelby did." For T, her dad, I would say, the "did" needs to be changed to "does", as she now runs free and waits for you.

Nobody loves the way a dog loves, so unconditionally, and with every ounce of their being.

RIP sweet Shelby. :pawprint:

For all of us mourning the loss of Shelby... Princess Garcia, please keep keeping on!

Edited by CatPaws

Tucker's sister and dad both died of hemangiosarcoma- it's a devastating cancer.

You are right...Shelby still loves her dad. I know she is watching over him becuz I can feel Tucker watching over me.

There are no words to take the grief away. Time will at least make the grief feel different.

I know someday Shelby's dad will see her again.

Hugs to u Paula.

Paula, I send sympathies to you and your friend...

I know how you feel as the losses on IMOM have hit so hard...and then this week two of my friends lost their beloved dogs and then Betsy lost Maggie...

sending hugs and condolences to you and your friends...

So happy to report a little one has once again joined the household. She's a handful, but apparently also a heart ful.

Great to hear, hoping there will be pix posted soon ;-) Betsy