Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Little Toppings - 5 YO Neutered Kitty with Hemobartonella and Possible Pneumonia

11 posts in this topic

We received an urgent request today to help Little, a 5-year-old male neutered kitty with hemobartonella and possible pneumonia. Little is in extreme respiratory distress and is anemic. Little was already on oxygen and had been receiving Lasix, Prednisone, Doxycycline, and Convenia, but he needed additional treatment - continued oxygen, additional antibiotics, X-Rays (to rule out a brain tumor), and possibly additional bloodwork and a transfusion.

post-9302-0-08406700-1403828998_thumb.jp

Thanks to the generosity of the wonderful IMOM donors who donate to our General Fund, IMOM was able to pledge $333 so Little's treatment can continue for the next 24 hours.

There is a possibility that Little will need at least 2 or 3 more days of additional hospitalization and treatment. We will find out tomorrow morning if that will be needed.

Little is a much-loved kitty - here is what his Mom has to say about him: "Our cat is a family pet. He brings joy to our children and companionship for our disabled daughter. He is a comfort to have when things are bad. He is only 5 years old and has never known any other owner...We love our pet as much as we do our children."

We thank you for your donations to the General Fund. Without your donations, we would not have been able to help this poor kitty. Our emergency fund is quite low right now, and we can't thank you enough - we can't extend these grants without your contributions to the General Fund.

To donate to the General Fund please go to: http://www.imom.org/donation/index.htm

Thank you for helping Little.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Last night, Little's Mom was trying to post on his page but was having trouble validating her account. About 9:00 pm, we were communicating, and she's going to try again this morning. She and her family are very grateful for your help.

Jamie.K

It is with sadness that I have to tell you that Little went to the Bridge late last night. He was just too sick. The X-rays last night showed that poor Little had major heart disease in addition to all his other medical problems. Little's wonderful vet let his Mom and Dad visit with him after hours late last night, and then they lovingly sent him on.

Little's family is very grateful to all of you who made it possible for us to help him. She emailed us early this morning and is still having trouble posting on the forum, but this is what she told us: "Even though we put Little down last night, I would still like to post something about him. Your organization made it possible for us to make the decision to stop his suffering."

post-9302-0-78224800-1403888195_thumb.jp

Rest in Peace Little - you were very much loved. :animcnda_lg:

Jamie.K

My condolences to the family. There's nothing much worse than losing a beloved furbaby. I will share a link which I hope will bring themsome peace. I found it after I lost my heart dog. The link is www.rainbowbridge.com.

'

Thank You so much for all your help. After having xrays yesterday, Little was diagnosed with major heart disease on top of everything else wrong. We were told that statistically he would only live another year on 3-4 medications a day. Due to the fact that it would take many more days in the hospital, new medications, and an ecogram. The cost was going to be very high. We are able to spend anymore and there is no guarantee that anyone could help us to that extent. My husband and I made the decision to have him put down last night. Advanced animal care was wonderful with him and us. We are very thankful he had people who wouldn't give up on him. I would recommend them to anyone. They allowed us to see him after hours so, we could love on him and sign all the documents.

RIP Little We Love You.

Thank You

The Toppings Family

post-31216-0-03435400-1403893282_thumb.j

Darling Little, You will never be forgotten.

Remember Me Always

Remember me always, but do not grieve for me too long. I have tried always to comfort you in times of sorrow, and have made every effort to add joy to your life. I never wanted to cause you pain.

Peace for me is certain now, and I suspect I will have eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well.

Please, after your period of grieving for me, make room in your heart for another. You are the kind of human being that should always have a friend like me to love. Your kind and gentle heart should not be wasted on my memory for too long. Give love to another.

I know your new friend will never take my place, because we had something very special.

It may not be quite the same, but a new devoted and loving companion will in time, become special in their own way.

You loved me very much and I loved you. My spirit will always be with you, and no matter how deep in my sleep, my grateful heart will always be purring for you.

Edited by kuhio98

I am so sorry to hear this. Godspeed, sweet Little. Your family tried so hard to save you, and you are so loved and so missed.

:animcnda_lg:

Judy G.

Thank You everyone for your kind words. We are still struggling to get over the sadness. We just keep thinking, did we do all we could do? I think he knows we tried to help him to the best of our ability. Letting him go was the best thing for him. He is no longer hurting. We do miss him dearly! He knew he was loved.

R.I.P. Little....You were such a joy to our family, from your tiny .07 pounds when we got you, to playing fetch with paper balls, to still kneading on me at 5 yrs, to even giving us kisses. We watched you grow to be a beautiful male cat. You were my baby before I even had my girls. 5 years just wasn't long enough. You will be greatly missed and never forgotten. We love you our diddle.

he know you did...

I am incredibly sorry for your loss. He did grow into a beautiful boy. I believe the angels wanted to cuddle him in their arms, and that is where he rests, without pain, now.

Thinking of Little and you and your family. You did everything you could do, and you gave him a wonderful life, and he knows that.

:heart:

Jamie.K

Thinking of Little Toppings family today. I know Little is keeping watch over all of u.