Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kris IMOM

Vader Burfield - kitty with bladder blockage Re-opened

110 posts in this topic

I don't imagine he is eating a lot of food at the vet...so it may take awhile for him to go poopy...I go to bed early so will check in early tomorrow to see what the blood tests are showing...sending positive thoughts and prayers that the results are just what the vet is hoping for...

Am I guessing that he is going to have to be on a special food from the vet from now on...of course that is a lot better than having more problems....

Can't stand the suspense any longer, $93 on its way.

I'm so happy to tell you all that Vader is at ALL FUNDS RAISED! Thank you all, and thank you kuhio98 for getting him across the finish line!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HUGE thanks to all of you who donated and shared! You guys are so amazing.

Vader's thread is moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow his progress as he recovers. Thank you again!

:catwatching:

Thank you everyone who helped! This is great news! Vader is in recovery now and I get his blood results in an hour. I'm so glad such wonderful people exist. I'm very greatful for IMOM and all it's hard working vaulenteers. I'm going to see him tomorrow. If you want to see his progress I will post pictures. :)

Keeping everything crossed that the bloodwork brings good news.

Please do post pictures - we love pictures! Give Vader a hug from us!

Jamie.K

So the phone call this morning was filled with a little bit with mixed emotions. Vader's levels are still elevated, which concerns me, but they have come down from yesterday, which is the only good news so to say. He still hasn't "postured" as the vet said, and he's been in there a couple days now. That actually really concerns me. I honestly don't think it's a medical worry. He's a shy kitty and likes his privacy, I think he's just scared to go, so he's gonna hold it until he can't anymore. After work I'm going to visit. Maybe I can reassure him later! I'm glad the procedure was a success. :)

I know it's a little late, but I saw Vader today. He was a little grumpy until he realized it was me there. Then he lost the serious face and turned into the giant marshmallow he is. He was so happy to see my boyfriend and I. Talking up a storm and purring as loud as a moterboat. His urine is a normal color now. He still hasn't passed solids, but that could be because he hasn't had solids to pass. I was granted permission to feed him his first meal while being away. I really didn't want to leave him, but visiting hours had ended and his heart looked so broken to see me walk away. I know I will be back, but he doesn't and it brought me to tears. I can't wait to cuddle with him all night when he gets home. <3

Glad you are able to spend some time with him while he is in the hospital. Do you know when they will be letting him go home? I know you are so anxious for that - so are all of us...

I'm going to visit him again today, I will probably know more by then, right now it's just the waiting game to make sure his urine stays clear with the catheter, and then to make sure he can urinate on his own when it's time. I'm hoping by tomorrow he gets to come home. He misses me. And I know he's not partial to strangers.

I was unable to visit yesterday, my job kept me and I missed visiting hours. However he did finally poop yesterday once they took the catheter out. Unfortunately he still couldn't use the litter box on his own, so the catheter had to go right back in. If I don't miss visiting hours again I'm going to visit him.

Aw, it must be so hard on you not being able to get in to see him!

He did poop and that's a good sign...just wish he could go without the catheter, poor guy!

Will they let you leave an article of your clothing with your scent on it for him to comfort him in his cage?

It's very hard not having Vader at home. He is making progress but not as much as the other vets had me thinking. He's gone through multiple catheters, the vet says the average is about two, sometimes. He doesn't even make motions to urinate. The vets took out his catheter a few days ago and instead of urinating normally he just soiled himself. There's a medication that could of helped this problem days ago, but no one could get close enough to him while he was awake to administer a pill. Apparently he's a nightmare kitty in the vet's office. They have to knock him out to even draw blood. I elected myself to go to the office to give him his medicine when he needs it. But upon my arrival this morning another vet had already given it to him. I'm getting a lot of mixed information at this office. It's very hard to know his exact state, but from what I can physically see he's making a lot of progress.

Do you have any new updates on Vader? Has he been eating since he's been sick? Just wondered if maybe he had soiled himself when they took the catheter out cause he's too weak to use litter box ??? Just curious. Hope you have some good news for us all soon. Have been praying!

Actually, he's refused to eat since he's been in. I've managed to feed him a little bit when I visit, but otherwise he only gets his fluids. He's definitely lost weight, it never occurred to me he could be too weak to move. He won't even walk to me when I get there. He is A LOT more lively. His urine is starting to clear up, and since the medication started his kidneys and bladder are returning to normal. The vets say he hasn't posture yet, BUT I think he has and they haven't been around to notice. Vader's neighbor is in for the same thing and I witnessed him posture, when the doctors weren't around. I know Vader could just be very uncomfortable, he hisses when doctors pass by. It's funny really, I had gotten there as they were checking his temperature, so I waited for them to finish, he was raising a war in his cage, I saw the aftermath. But when Vader saw me he was just a giant marshmallow; the staff was amazed an couldn't believe he could be that friendly. When I can't believe he can be that mean. I see him again today after work, I will know more then. They mentioned when he finishes his fluids, if his urine stays clear, they were going to take the catheter out.

Hello everyone!

After speaking with Vader's vet it seems most likely that he will need surgery to fully recover. We will re-open Vader's case for fundraising.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Vader Burfield.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Vader’s name when making your donation.

I hate to be a party pooper, BUT I can't quite figure out the amount of money we need to raise? Can someone explain to me?

Judy - we need to raise an additional $890 now for Vader's surgery. Poor kitty.

Thanks Dawn, I thought was right, BUT I am mathematically challenged...and didn't want to make a wrong assumption...we don't need any confusion about amounts...

Let's get busy...Vander has been struggling for awhile now and with surgery, he can get back home where he belongs...

$50 matching challenge. Let's get this poor boy fixed!

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $120 in donations and needs $770 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met!

Angels - let's get Vader all fixed up so he doesn't have to struggle to pee anymore. Let's get this surgery for this sweet black kitty.

PLEASE, can you help Vader? If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Vader Burfield.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Vader’s name when making your donation.

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $120 in donations and needs $770 more.

Excellent News! Okay, I'm up for a .......................

Matching Challenge

I'll match the next $100 that comes in.

match-challenge_zps7a4db906.jpg

Edited by kuhio98

LOVE IT! We've got a MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $100!

post-9479-0-49214400-1403644996_thumb.jp

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Vader Burfield.

YAY.....THIS is what we need to do right now...can we make Vander FINALLY get better...he's been away from his Momma for a long time now and we need to make surgery happen NOW...

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $220 in donations and needs $670 more.

Woo Hoo - let's go! Let's get Vader into surgery!

Thank you for your care and support!!!