Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kris IMOM

Vader Burfield - kitty with bladder blockage Re-opened

110 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: bladder blockage and obstruction

Treatment: Surgery and Medications

Low end of estimate: $1031 * Surgery Amount $847

Less applicant contribution: $0 Owner has already spent all funds to get him into the vet today

Needed for low end of estimate: $1031 For Surgery $847

5% of $1031 Unknown for IMOM operating expenses: $52 for Surgery $43

Fundraising goal: $1083 For Surgery $890

Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Kris

Vader is at All Funds Raised!!! THANK YOU!

Vader is a 4 year old DSH. Early this morning his owner noticed that he was not eating and began vomiting. She immediately knew something was wrong and took Vader into the vet where they identified that his bladder is blocked and will need surgery right away.

This can be very serious especially for boy kitties. To ensure Vader’s safety we prepledged the amount to get him a catheter and monitoring. This buys us some time so that we can fundraise for the surgery Vader desperately needs. We had to have him transferred to another location so they cannot provide a full estimate until they have had a chance to examine him and determine the best course of action.

Here is what Vader’s mom had to say about him.

As of this morning my cat Vader refused to eat and began vomiting. Eating is one of his favorite things to do, I knew right away something was very wrong. I wondered if it had anything to do with his inability to use the letterbox the previous day. I immediately made an appointment with the vet's office. It was there that I learned of his bladder blockage and obstruction. The doctor informed me he needed surgery as soon as possible. His life beyond 24hrs could not be guaranteed.

Look at what a handsome man he is!

post-12009-0-41209700-1403147313_thumb.j

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Vader Burfield.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Vader’s name when making your donation.

Edited by Kris IMOM

$100 matching challenge in memory of my Jaime!

After the phone call i received from IMOM I got in the car right away and drove to the address provided. They were expecting me, so the process was a breeze and they were able to take him right away. The vet saw Vader and went over what is going to happen over the next few days. Vader is with the vet now currently getting his procedure. I hope he's doing well. <3

C'mon everyone, take my money! Every dollar you donate, I'll match up to $100. Look at that sweet little face. He needs us angels!

--Jaz

The procedure went well. The catheter is in and his bladder is getting cleaned out. The pressure is relieved, he's due to wake soon. I'm relieved. My baby is going to be okay<3

Is he going to need surgery? Or just antibiotics to clear up any infection? I am so happy he is on the road to recovery.

He needed a procedure done to relieve the pressure in his bladder. A catheter had to be inserted while he was under anesthesia. He was helped right away, now I just need the donations to pay for this operation.

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $45 in donations and needs $1038 more.

There is still $55 left on the Matching Challenge!

Angels - Vader was in grave danger yesterday. Luckily, his mom got him into a vet who was open and would work with IMOM. They were able to put in a catheter for temporary relief, but now Vader needs surgery. We will be updating the fundraising totals as soon as we get the estimate from the vet for surgery.

PLEASE, can you help this beautiful boy? If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Vader Burfield.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Vader’s name when making your donation.

In honor of my angel kitty Black Bart (and to take Jaz' money) I will finish off that challenge. $55 sent in. Betsy

Edited by ABQBets

I called the vet's office this morning to see how he's doing. The evening shift is over, and the morning shift has started. The doctor in charge says he's doing much better. He's awake and just watching the surrounding area. His levels were high last night, and he's anemic, but they are going to test his blood again in much later. I appreciate everyone's donations so far.

Sending my money in now!

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $320 in donations and needs $763 more.

Folks, last night Vader was in danger of having his bladder burst. His mom had taken him to a vet but they closed before he could be admitted, so IMOM called and made arrangements with another vet to have him treated and stabilized. We don't know if he will need surgery or not, but we had to pledge to have him seen or he'd have died a horrible death. Please help us raise the funds to keep him in the hospital. I know we can, with your help and a little "Magic" (did you notice Vader is an LBK as well?).

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Vader Burfield.

Thanks, angels!

Donation on the way. Hang in there Vadar.

Come on Angels, lets get the word out. Can you imagine how uncomfortable it must be to not be able to pee?

you can go to Facebook...type in IMOM and you will see the thread and then you can share it that way...I do that all the time...don't know how to share from IMOM's page here...

Thank you guys for everything, I've been sharing to Facebook by copy and pasting the link. It must be working. Word is slowly getting out. I will be posting to my art website today. I really want to keep him in the hospital.

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $920 in donations and needs $163 more!

Wow, thank you you SO much!! We're almost there - we only need $163! Please can you help poor Vader? He's so sick. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Vader Burfield. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Vader's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $955 in donations and needs $128 more!

Thank you so much Angels for your donations so far!! $128 is ALL we need! Come on - who will be next to chip away a little at the $128? I know we can do this for Vader. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Vader Burfield. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Vader's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

We are so close! Thanks so much to everyone sharing and donating! Lets keep this up! We're almost there! He's gonna make it through this and it's all thanks to everyone here. It's because of all of you my Vader is going to make it

Can you touch base with the vet and check IF all funds are raised today can your boy have surgery TOMORROW...tell them what is needed and see if surgery is a possibility...

The procedure was already done and X-rays were taken, he's on the road to recovery. Just his levels are very high, and that's what's going to require surgery IF they don't start to stabilize. The funds we are trying to raise are for the procedure already performed.

X-rays showed no stones or other abnormalities. He's otherwise healthy. It was the food I was reading him that messed up his urinary tract. @mikken

FUND UPDATE: Vader has $990 in donations and needs $93 more!

Thank you so much Angels for your donations so far!! $93 is ALL we need! I just know somebody out there can help with some or all of what's left. $93 is doable! If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

Thank you all so much!

Just got off the phone with the vet, he's recovering well. His urine output is keeping up with his liquid input. He's almost finished his IV fluids. When that happens, his blood will be taken again so check his levels. I have about three more hours to wait. The vet is a little concerned he hasn't passed solids yet either. Not once since he's been there, which is a little alarming. They said however they are going to wait a little bit longer for that to happen. So far so good!