Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Cindy.k IMOM

Rayven Powling - Mastiff with torn ACL

8 posts in this topic

Today we helped an 8 year Mastiff mix named Rayven Powling who has a torn ACL. It is everyone’s hope that rest and TLC will restore Rayven to good health, but in the meantime,

the IMOM Angels pledged $133.45 for a month’s supply of pain medication to lessen Rayven’s

suffering. If Rayven’s condition is not improved by crate rest, the IMOM Angels have further

agreed to pledge $200 toward stabilization surgery, if it occurs within next 30 days.

Rayven’s Dad loves her so much and depends on her to be his companion. Here’s what he had to say about his friend:

“I am disabled, Rayven is my companion dog. I rescued her from a shelter about 5 years ago

and she is a sweet and lovable pet. I have seizures and other medical problems and Rayven

always knows when I am not feeling well and sticks right by my side. She sleeps on her own

pillow right be side me. Since she tore her ligament in her leg she is so sad and not feeling well herself. We live on the second floor and she has a lot of trouble getting in and out. I'm asking for help for her. Thank you”

Thank you for your donations to the GF fund. Without them, we would not have been able to

help Rayven during her recovery. Or any of the many pets and their owners who turn to

IMOM in difficult times. It is your contributions to the general fundthat make these grants possible

To Donate to the General Fund please go to: http://www.imom.org/...on/index.htm#gf

We appreciate all the support that you give both IMOM and the PINs. Thank you again for

making this possible and for giving help and hope to so many!

post-22479-0-17923000-1402417790_thumb.j

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Rayven is trying so hard to use her leg to get around, but it is really difficult for her. As soon as it touches the ground she pulls it back up to her body. It hurts her to put pressure on it. She is walking on three legs but still wants to be snuggled and still wants cookies. We hope for Rayven to improve with rest and care.. Thank you to everyone who has helped Rayven and who understand how much we love our pets!

Edited by powlinge

Rayven is having a bad day today. She is trying to walk on her leg but cant keep it down. She is resting quietly on the bed. Funny thing is she is on my ice pack i use for my migraines. I know how she feels. She is a trooper but a sad one. Please help my Rayven. Thank you Eric

Sorry to hear that Rayven is not having a good day. I hope the pain meds and rest will kick in and help her out soon.

Judy G.

I just love that "mug" on Rayven. I've known a few dogs her size that tore their ACL's, and can't say any of them recovered just from R&R and pain meds. Have you been able to find other sources of help should this require surgery?

Please keep us posted. She's just touched my heart.

We have been searching for help for Rayven everywhere. She is sick today, shakey and not doing well. We are not sure if it is her injury or she is just worn out. Eric is stressed and sick worrying about Rayven. We have been hoping she would be getting better with rest and pain meds. Now we are more worried. She is Eric's world. Eric has a brain injury and PTSD and needs Rayven for support and companionship. Please everyone pray for Rayven to be ok and to feel better soon. We love her so much!! She is such a wonderful, sweet dog. We need to keep her well and in Eric's life. Thank you all for your prayers! Best from Laurie, Erics sister and Rayvens auntie.

you mentioned that Eric has PTSD...was he in the military? If so, do an internet search for help with funding for service animals for ex military. I want to say there are groups that will help with veterinary care for service dogs.

here is one link

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFsQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speakingforspot.com%2Findex.php%3Fp%3DFinancial-Assistance-for-Veterinary-Care&ei=XdWkU7TCMsOB8AHxwIDwDA&usg=AFQjCNFArt3oRHUyghJofSNGkuSQLKYlrg&bvm=bv.69411363,d.b2U

you could also set up a

fund raising page...again, check on the internet on how to do that...there are animal lovers out there everywhere...

Could the pain meds be making Raven ill? I would contact the Dr. and tell them Raven's symptoms, perhaps another medication could be tried.

Edited by Judy

I am one who has always considered unabated pain to be an emergency, and agree with Judy that the vet should know the pain medications are not controlling this for Rayven.