Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Laura IMOM

Tiger Schultz - kitty in need of dental and sinus flush

18 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Fractured abscess tooth with sinus infection

Treatment: Surgical removal of tooth and sinus flush

Low end of estimate: $1513.00

Owner contribution: $250., and payment plan for difference of $563

Needed for low end of the estimate: $700

5% for IMOM operating expenses: $35

Our fund raising goal: $735

Spayed/Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Laura B.

Tiger is at All Funds Raised!!!! Donations no longer needed!

Tiger is a 11 year old, kitty with a fractured abscessed tooth and sinus infection which is causing her not to eat. Tigers vet has given him fluids and antibiotics to help but Tiger needs surgery as soon as possible in order to survive.

Tiger's owner, who found her as a stray 8 years ago, had this to say about her boy;

I am a 75 year old widow receiving treatment for breast cancer. Tiger has been my loving companion since June 2003. I watched Tiger get hit by a car and then stagger along side the road injured. No one stopped to help him. I stopped and picked him up off the road and took him to the vet where he was treated. Tiger is my special loving companion and has had a lot of pain in his life already. Please provide the necessary funds to restore his health; and give me strength to continue on.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Tiger Schultz. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Tiger’s name when making your donation.

PS. Tiger's Mom is having trouble with the forum so it may be awhile before she can get here and post, also we'll attach a picture as soon as we have one.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Nothing like a matching challenge to get things started - I'm putting $50 on the table. I know someone will take my money... Betsy

Let's get Tiger on his way to feeling better. Send in your money, Betsy! We're taking your challenge.

Let's paint the town pink, and get Tiger to AFR before his mom figures out the forum.

Edited by CatPaws

I'll take some of your money :)

--Jaz

--Heh, catpaws beat me too it. So how about a $40 matching challenge from me?

Edited by DabcoJazWhif

Thanks for taking my money CatPaws - $50 sent in with a smile... Betsy

Thanks so much everyone! Looks like we have one matching challenge accomplished and one in the works! This is great news...as of right now Tiger needs $585. to be fully funded.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Tiger Schultz. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Tiger’s name when making your donation.

I believe Tiger's Mom may be having some challenges posting and I have written her and her daughter in law (who is helping) again to try to get a picture of Tiger and to try to get them on the forum. I know if they could, they would tell you all how thankful they are and appreciative. Hopefully we will hear from them soon!

Laura/IMOM

$150 already! What a great Fund Update! Thank you all so much!

CatPaws, correct me if I'm wrong, but in your note when you sent in your donation for Betsy's Matching Challenge, it looks liked you also issued *another* $50 Matching Challenge. I hope I'm correct! :)

So, we now have 2 more Matching Challenges!

$40 MC from DabcoJazWhif

$50 MC from CatPaws

Tiger's Mom is currently working on trying to post - hopefully she'll get things figured out, and we'll hear from her soon. :) Who will be the first person to take part of Tiger's Matching Challenges? I know there is somebody out there who will!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Tiger. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Tiger's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Tiger, Tiger's Mom and fellow IMOMers ~ I've come here to celebrate some good news with you. Last month I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. After surgery it was found that the cancer had not spread to any any other organs and it was not found in my lymph nodes. Today I am cancer free. To celebrate, I've donated the rest of the funds (I think) to Tiger. I hope that her meowmie is cancer-free very soon.

Edited by kuhio98

kuhio98, what wonderful news; I'm so happy for you, and I know you must be so relieved.

:heart:

Yes, Tiger is at ALL FUNDS RAISED - kuhio98, you are awesome!! Thank you, and thank you all who donated, shared, and supported poor Tiger!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tiger will now be able to have his life-saving surgery, thanks to you all.

Tiger's thread will be moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow his progress as he has his surgery and goes through his recovery. Thank you again!!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Hi Everyone!

I am posting this for my mother n law. I want to thank everyone for donating towards tigers medical expenses. I have attached a photo of tiger.

post-30897-0-99351300-1402186374_thumb.j

What a beautiful boy! And an amazing group of people :) Thanks so much to everyone who donated and we even got to all funds raised before Tiger's person figured out the forum (Catpaws, that cracked me up.... :roll:)

Special thanks to Lisa for bringing this home and I am very happy for you, wish you many, many years of health ahead!

Sorry I missed this last night, I was taking my husband out to dinner for his birthday, what wonderful news to wake up to!

Thank you so much to all who donated!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edited by Laura IMOM

We're painting in "pink-purple" now! So good to hear your news, Lisa!!! Seems we have a few "Cancer Butt Kickers" in our midst, and hope we'll have at least one more very, very soon.

Any news on scheduling for Tiger's treatment? :pp_animal_554::pp_animal_556::motimonkey::EMOTITWOCATS:

Edited by CatPaws

I want to thank everyone for their generosity!! Linda is going to be so happy

I am going to call her now!! I will let you know what she says

As soon as I'm off the phone with her!! 😊

She says shes over whelmed!! she can't begin to thank every for their generosity and expression of love for her and tiger!

So she can enjoy tiger for many more years!! She calling the vet

And will schedule the surgery as soon as possible!

We will keep you posted on his prognoses!!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!!

Thank you all for being So beautiful! I know with Linda's radiation mon-fri

This will make things a lot less stressful for her!

Thanks everyone!! ❤️❤️❤️

Tiger had his surgery today!! Linda is so happy!! She's hoping he will be coming home tomorrow!! This is going to be so much better. She has radiation non thru Friday and spends most of her time at the vet with tiger! Thank you everyone!!

Tiger had his surgery today!! Linda is so happy!! She's hoping he will be coming home tomorrow!! This is going to be so much better. She has radiation non thru Friday and spends most of her time at the vet with tiger! Thank you everyone!!

Tigers surgery was very successful!!! He is now home with his mom!! She is so happy and great for everyone's love and support!! I can not begin to thank the organization and the volunteers for there amazing help!! Without imom I don't know what we would have done!! Thank you everyone who donated money and their time to this cause!! Talk about giving back!! You are all so amazing!! Thank you for the happy ending for tiger!!