Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jacki IMOM

Simba Walter - needs eye enucleation

50 posts in this topic

YAY! Simba came home this morning. He is now on 2 antibiotics. His eye socket looks a lot better. It is still oozing but he is at least back to a normal size eye socket. This time they gave me antibacterial soaked pads to clean his eye with at least twice a day. They want to see him back on the 14th for another re-check. All in all... he is extremely happy to be home. He has not left my side all day. He has to be touching me somehow no matter what it seems. This has been very traumatic for him I feel. We love him so much and it is absolutely amazing to have the "whole" feeling back. Now Sean can go off to Camp with peace of mind knowing Simba is safely at home again. I can't thank IMOM enough for giving us a hand up and not make us feel like it was a hand-out. As soon as I am able, I will be sending in a donation to pay it forward for the generosity and kindness you have given us as a family.

Simba is doing well. He takes his antibiotics without and problems and actually seems to enjoy having his face and eye wiped. He kept me company all day as I packed Sean for Camp Cranium today. I had to include pictures of his Lion King so he can show his friends. Of course Simba insisted on sharing his fur in every suitcase lol.

Simba had a really quiet day. He is doing well. He is still taking antibiotics without any problem ....thank goodness :-).

I love the support on from the members. Thank You!

was not home most of yesterday and fell asleep holding Simba last night while waiting for the computer to load up. So sorry for no update yesterday. Simba spent the night cuddled with me and since I've been home today. I think he misses Sean too :-) He insists on being held and loved on. Of course, I don't mind lol. His eye looks good. His appetite is excellent and he takes his antibiotics like a champ. Praising Imom and Banfield for helping keep him in my life. I will be his loyal servant for life... loving my little Lion King.

Had a great day today. Simba ran out of my room and pounced on Coco. Guess he's tired of playing with me only this week. Good to see he is adapting to having one eye. Until he gets the "ok" from Dr. Fry, it's just human playmates. Can't wait to hear what Dr. Fry says Saturday morning 9am. I'm praying she says it's alright to take the cone off and let him play with Coco.

I had to catch up on delayed housework Thursday and then get Sean from Camp Cranium Friday. !st question was "How is Simba" lol We took Simba in to the Vet this morning. He got cleared from the collar and is now only on 1 antibiotic for the next 5 days. No more visits scheduled unless something else happens. The 1st thing he did was bathe himself. He had to clean all the parts he couldn't reach with the collar on lol. I will post an updated photo after I get it uploaded to my computer. He looks so much better. Thank You IMOM for all you do. You really helped me to help my little King.

Simba looks really good. He is out of his collar and on only 1 antibiotic now.

I noticed I can't post a photo on here.

Edited by Kathy765

Simba is doing well. He is full of energy and a healthy appetite. I have one problem though. When he had the cone on his head, I removed the cat box lid so he could use it. I made the mistake of putting it on the floor elsewhere. Apparently one of my kitties urinated under it, I guess because they thought it was their box. What can I use to permanently eliminate the Oder? I tried Natures miracle, EWW, and two rug cleaning solutions with my rug machine. One by Bissel and one by resolve. Any suggestions?

Simba is doing well. He is back to complete normal. playing and all. Thank you IMOM team for all you have done. :-)

Simba is doing great. Still as inquisitive as ever and playful to boot. Thank you IMOM and Blessed Be.

Simba is doing great. His eye socket is healing very nicely. Thank you for your kind words of support.

Simba is doing well. As I said previously, he is back to normal. Thank you for helping me to save my Simba.

Simba is well. His fur is taking a long time to grow. He has a section of his tail ( of course it's the middle ) where the pain patch was attached. I have to say he looks hysterical when he gets all bushy-tailed. reminds me of a poodle only the puff at the end is elongated lol. He comes sideway at me to play and all I can do is laugh lol. Hope he doesn't get his feelings hurt when I laugh lol It's so cool to have him still wanting to play with his humans :-). Thanks and prayers for the IMOM team and to those you are able to help. I pray that there are more organizations similar to this one out there. You "guys" ROCK! ( that's from Sean ).

Simba won't have any trouble fully adjusting. I had a one eyed cat, Brandy. He'd gotten a ruptured cornea from a cat fight. (He was an outside kitty and hadn't been fixed yet. He got fixed after that fight!) The one eye didn't slow him in the least. He still hunted mice all the time and generally fed himself during the summer, (though we always made sure he had food if he didn't). He lived a long time and was the KING of the lands around us. His purr could be heard 3 rooms away. If I was on the telephone in the same room with him (he came inside to eat to keep the possums out of the cat food) , I often got asked what that noise was. It was Brandy! LOL. And you must post a picture of poodle tailed Simba!

Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm relieved to hear that these kitties adapt well. I know in the wild, their chances of survival are greatly reduced mainly because of infection. An injured animal is a lot more difficult to catch and treat. I know many people seem to associate an injured feral animal with rabid ones too. I lived in an apartment a few years ago which a colony of 22 cats cohabitated the back yard. I was able to domesticate all but one and find them good homes. The really feral little girl, I called Daisy became a TNR. I still get sightings told to me. I will post a pic of Simba and his tail if I can be quick enough and hold back my laughter long enough to where it's not blurred lol He's enjoying the air conditioning today.

My little Lion King is doing outstanding. I could swear he even calls me "mama" lol He wakes me every morning to be fed and cuddles, snuggles, and purrs me to sleep at night. Thank you IMOM.... I have my baby back.

Simba is healed completely. He's too quick for me to get a picture of his "poodle" tail. God knows I've tried lol. As fast as it puffs.... he sits and it's gone. At least he's back to normal kitty antics lol. He's a very active kitty. I'm so grateful he is healthy, active, and still our lives.

post-30780-0-82429600-1404777615_thumb.j here is Simba today. Love this little boy.

Just look at this little Lion King! Thanks for the happy update. I think we all needed one.