Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Princess Garcia - Shepherd with Abdominal Mass

134 posts in this topic

Not until Tuesday, Steve. Her vet is closed until then for the holiday. She's been calling other vets trying to find one that can do it sooner, but so far no luck, unfortunately.

Jamie.

Her surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning. It was the soonest they could accommodate for her. I contacted a few other places but they require payment in full before the surgery and it will be done on an emergency basis which will raise the cost of the procedure especially because it's a holiday weekend.

Princess only needs $180 more - that's a doable amount. Her Mom is doing a great job posting - she doesn't have any help packing for the move, so she's doing the packing all by herself, calling vets, looking for other funding, and she has a sick child. That's in addition to taking care of and worrying about Princess. I hope we can get to All Funds Raised soon. Thank you all for your help and support.

If you can donate - any amount at all, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Princess. If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Princess only needs $180 more - that's a doable amount. Her Mom is doing a great job posting - she doesn't have any help packing for the move, so she's doing the packing all by herself, calling vets, looking for other funding, and she has a sick child. That's in addition to taking care of and worrying about Princess. I hope we can get to All Funds Raised soon. Thank you all for your help and support.

Holy cow! Look at all that is going on here....let's get this DONE so there's one less worry for Princess' mom!

She had an uneventful day which is great. Her appetite wasn't too good though. It was mentioned to me to try and give her some pedialyte, so I might have to try that. She is having some trouble getting up on the couch, but she is still managing to get up on her own. But I will check in again once I get home from work on how she's doing. Thank you all for caring about Princess.

Since this is Memorial Day weekend, I'll offer a $90 challenge in memory of all the fallen service members.

Janice G

Janice, thank you for your MATCHING CHALLENGE!!! Only $90 more is needed for Janice to finish up the fundraising effort... ONLY $90 MORE IS NEEDED!!! Come one, come all, step on up to make your donation...no amount is too small!!!

Pedialyte is a great idea.

Also try bone broth (http://healthypets.m...bone-broth.aspx). I suggested this on another thread and decided to make it myself for my pets. I used a chicken and actually only completed "round 1" and my dogs really enjoyed this broth with chicken. I didn't finish "round 2" simply because of time constraints with leaving this cooking for the amount of time recommended. The kitty I made this for also quite enjoyed the broth.

Diane

Edited by Animal Luvr

Thanks Diane for the suggestion of bone broth. Sounds like a long process but Round 1 is definitely worth giving a try. Thanks again!

Oh my gosh, thank you Janice! Princess has a $90 Matching Challenge! Woo hoo! Okay, who will take part of Janice's Matching Challenge? Come on - it's time to wrap this up - all we need now is $90! Let's get poor Princess to All Funds Raised!! The bananas are waiting!

If you can donate - any amount at all, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Princess. If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

Here she is with her little sister Isabella who was trying to get Princess' attention - her Mom posted this photo earlier in the thread. We need to get Princess fixed up.

post-9302-0-19899100-1400999146_thumb.jp

Came home from work and she was waiting at the door. Happy and wagging her tail. She seemed OK for a moment until she slowly walked back to the couch breathing a bit heavy. She's still having some difficulty getting up on the couch where she wants to be. I'm going to set up a bed on the floor instead where she won't have to keep jumping up. She's sleeping now so I think I will too. So grateful for you all :)

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $900 in donations and needs $150 more!

$30 of her $90 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you all so much!! Okay folks, all we need is $60 and then Janice can send in her match and we'll be at All Funds Raised! $60!! There has to be a few folks out there who can donate part of $60! Can you please help Princess? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Princess. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Just donated the remaining $60 of the matching challenge.

Hoping to start the day here in Arizona with some dancing bananas for Princess and her family.

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $960 in donations and needs $90 more!

The Matching Challenge has been met!!

Thank you so much PittieMom! And Janice, send in those $$!! Woo hoo! The bananas have been impatiently waiting in the wings. Thank you all so much!! Now Princess can get the help she needs to get all fixed up thanks to all of you and your amazing generosity.

Thank you all so much!

I'm so happy to tell you all that Princess is at ALL FUNDS RAISED! Thank you, thank you!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HUGE thanks to all of you who donated and shared! Thanks to you all, this pup will get the surgery she needs. You guys rock!

Princess' thread will be moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow her progress as she has her surgery and goes through her recovery. Thank you again!!

:bravo:

Wow! This is such a blessing! I thank you all for all of your hard work and dedication in helping Princess. This is something that we will never forget or ever stop appreciating. I am so grateful to have such caring people who gave unselfishly to my wonderful girl Princess. We are still working on getting the balance due for her surgery on gofundme.com at a direct link of gofundme.com/9io448. I will continue to update you all on her condition. With so much going on, her illness, our move, kids, work, other pets, I apologize to all for not being able to update as often. But I will continue to do so. Thank you and God bless!

I think you did an awesome job of posting considering everything else you have on your plate. I couldn't believe it when you told me what is going on. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Jamie.K

So glad you have raised the funds...as we all know, there are always more things to pay for. Please keep us updated. I wouldn't want Princess to go through so much, only to suffer because they needed more bucks !

Beagleland/Kentucky

Terrie and my Guys---Marley, Dudley, Maddie and Beacon

Edited by Hope'sbeagleland

Looks like an additional $250 is what is being asked for on go fund me...

Well then it looks like she needs this by Monday or no surgery on Tuesday. Is that right ? Can and will IMOM open this back up, because the way I see it Princess is NOT at AFR just yet and it sure sounds like this is very critical that she gets help on Tuesday.

IMOM is re-opening fundraising for Princess. Princess's Mom has applied to quite a few organizations but has had no luck. We need to raise $271 ($258 plus $13 for IMOM operating expenses). We have until tomorrow to raise the funds or Princess will not be able to have surgery on Tuesday. She should have already *had* surgery, but Tuesday is the soonest her vet could do it. So please can you please help Princess?

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Princess. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

OK - let's get this girl into surgery. If we all could just donate a bit, we can get her to all funds raised quickly. If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Princess. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you!