Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Princess Garcia - Shepherd with Abdominal Mass

134 posts in this topic

make sure you discuss that with your IMOM caseworker...

I sure do wish this were NOT a Holiday week end...how is Princes doing? Does he seem to be holding his own?

Thank you all so much for helping Princess. I have contacted a few hospitals who will perform this type of surgery, and if the funds are available before her Tuesday surgery date, she could have the surgery only on an emergency basis as this holiday weekend they don't have regular hours. But the price of surgery will be a little bit more costly if a team of surgeons has to be called in at one of the emergency facilities.

Do you have an estimate of how much more? How are you coming with other organizations for the $258 above the amount IMOM is fundraising for. Where are you located?

I have applied to several other rescue sites in hopes to raise the remaining balance needed for her surgery, but so far none have come through. Some only assist in their immediate areas, some have turned me down, and I'm still waiting on a response back from another. We are in the S. Florida area. One of the emergency hospitals could not give any estimates over the phone. They have to physically see her in the office for a consultation. I am also in the midst of packing because we are moving as well. We were scheduled to move tomorrow but it was postponed for a couple of days which works out better for Princess so that she doesn't have to go through a move while in her condition. She hasn't been doing much but relaxing on the couch. So we are just letting her rest.

It's amazing that with all she is going through, she still comes by my side while I am in the kitchen. Still begging for a snack :)

I apologize for not posting so often, but we are moving in a few days and have been so busy packing. It was a last minute move that we weren't prepared for and only got a 2 week notice. So in between packing, 3 kids & 9 pets, I take a little break to post about Princess. I went out and bought her some chicken breast. It's all she will eat, so that's what she will get.

Just caught up on this thread. How are we doing with fundraising? Any matching challenges?

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $735 in donations and needs $315 more!

Thank you all for your donations so far! It's all downhill from here. I know it's a holiday weekend, but please can you help Princess? PLEASE - if you can help with ANY AMOUNT AT ALL - it all adds up to help. Also, please SHARE all about Princess on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you can donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Princess. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

Just sent in $15. C'mon angels, let's make sure Princess has all the money needed as soon as possible!

Was so happy to see her get off the couch so quickly when she heard the door bell. She was barking and waiting right by the door til I went down to open it. Such a protector. That's my Princess.

Just sent in $15. C'mon angels, let's make sure Princess has all the money needed as soon as possible!

Jaz, we didn't receive it. :(

Thank you!

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

FUND UPDATE: Princess still has $735 in donations and needs $315 more!

Thank you all for your donations so far! Things have gotten very quiet around here. I know it's a holiday weekend, but can you please help Princess? How about another Matching Challenge someone? Funds come in so quickly that way. Princess's Mom is juggling a lot right now since she's packing for a last-minute move so isn't always able to post as often as she would like to. PLEASE - if you can help with ANY AMOUNT AT ALL - it all adds up to help. Also, please SHARE all about Princess on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you can donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Princess. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you!

If your children are of the age to post for Princess, it is so important to convey how much a part of your family she is. I hope you are able to take all of your fur kids with you to your new home.

Jamie and Dawn, thank you for your always faithful service to the fur kids who need you most.

Please, any size donation will help Princess, and other emergencies. Every donation allows IMOM to leave monies in the general fund to help cases like Cali's (see Behind the Scene Emergencies).

Just sent again. I missed hitting a button or something. This time I rec'd a confirmation email. So, you have it now. :)

Princess taking some sun and fresh air. She's such a strong girl. If it weren't for the large mass in her belly, you'd never know there was something so seriously wrong with her.

post-30720-0-87095700-1400943953_thumb.j

Princess has $735 in donations and still needs $315 more!

It's a holiday weekend, but Princess doesn't know that. She just knows that she MUST have surgery Tuesday morning. How about sending in just a few dollars? It all adds up. Also please SHARE with anyone you know. Certainly many of you have friends and family who had or have a special Shepherd in their lives. I'm sure they'd want to help Princess too.

Thank you!

OK, I just finished paying bills, and I think I can eek out a $50 matching challenge!

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $800 in donations and needs $250 more!

Princess has a $50 Matching Challenge!!

Thank you SO much Sue, and thank you for sending in your match ahead of time! And thank you Jaz - we got it this time!! Okay, the numbers are starting to look a little better, but we still have a little bit of work to do. Who will step up and take part or all of Sue's Matching Challenge? That will put us a lot closer to our goal for Princess. If you're unable to donate, please SHARE all about Princess on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you!

I think I can help out with some of that matching challenge...angels, let's finish this fundraising challenge today, please!

Diane

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $850 in donations and needs $200 more!

Thank you SO much Diane for completing the Matching Challenge!! Yay! We're on the downhill side now - all we need now is $200! Can you please help Princess? If you're unable to donate, please SHARE all about Princess on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you!

Thanks for all your well wishes and support for my girl Princess. She's come a long way. And I know she has a lot longer left. From that 10 week old puppy that was found on the highway eating her own excrement because she had no food, to this beautiful girl who has filled our lives with love, protection and loyalty. It's been an emotional roller coaster trying to get assistance from anywhere possible. I have contacted so many organizations that can possibly provide assistance but unfortunately most are not in a position to provide the financial assistance needed for this life saving operation. If you have any suggestions, please please let me know. Thank you all again from my family and Princess.

I am so hopeful that we will raise enough money for Princess. It's unbelievable how many people care about a dog they have never met. She is such an important part of my family and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. I dedicate my life to helping others. Trying to save lives daily. I am a 911 dispatcher and have been for over 13 years now. And it's so difficult to be unable to help my own. You are not only saving her life, but ours as well :)

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $870 in donations and needs $180 more!

Step by step we are getting ever closer to All Funds Raised. Princess's family needs some help for their sweet girl. I know we can do this. We're almost there.

If you can donate - any amount at all, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd ; note for Princess. If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

I'm earnestly waiting, watching and hoping. Thank you!