Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Princess (Autumn Acres Rescue) - 8 yo Spayed Rat Terrier with Mast Cell Tumor That Has Ruptured

69 posts in this topic

Way to go, everyone!

Hugs, kisses, and healing thoughts are being sent to Princess for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Diane

Wow ! Great job guys ! Good luck tomorrow Princess. Hoping for many happy years to come for you.

I didn't even get to read this thread before all funds were raised! Good job everyone! IMOM donors are the absolute best. Good luck Princess.

Even though she's at all funds raised I still wanted to share those photos with you. You are all amazing people and I am so grateful that you are willing to help rescue groups out as well. Thank you so much!

post-3276-0-38370800-1400812206_thumb.jp

This is Princess on the way home from one of her vet visits in Kansas City to get the lump diagnosed.

post-3276-0-41609600-1400812220_thumb.jp

This is a picture of all 3 of the rat terriers bundled together

post-3276-0-01921400-1400812279_thumb.jp

This is Princess at Renfro Vet yesterday waiting for a recheck because the lump had changed again in less than a week.

I will share recovering photos once she's back home as well. Because the ALL FUNDS RAISED came in early enough Princess was taken to the vet tonight. They will hold her overnight, do the blood panel and surgery tomorrow morning. Thank you all so much. I truly can not thank you enough.

That's great news that you were able to get Princess there tonight so they can do her surgery in the morning!

I'm keeping her in my thoughts.

Jamie.K

What a great start to the weekend. IMOM Angels and supporters renew my faith in people every day

Thank you everyone for making this happen.

Special thanks to Magic and Jacki for starting this wonderful group and all the volunteers who work so hard to make the Magic happen every day

Kathy

post-3276-0-54593100-1400874863_thumb.jp

Princess has had her surgery!

Today has been a very very hard day. One of my personal dogs died today. Shawshank was 14 years old and a newfie mix. He collapsed when he went outside to potty this morning and died on the way to our vet in the city. The vet feels it was his heart. He was very old and 100+ pounds so it is amazing he lived this long but you all know how hard it is to lose a dog...no matter what the age :(

So waiting all day to hear from Renfro about Princess has been terrible, but we finally heard from them! They just called and said that she handled the anesthesia very well. The tumor was more attached than the vet thought and the surgery was harder to get the tumor removed. He also found an inflamed area near the tumor that he ended up removing as well. Her pre op blood work showed that she was anemic and had an elevated white blood cell count which both could be directly related to the tumor that he removed. We will get more results in a week to find out what grade they think the tumor was and the likelihood of it coming back.

Princess may be able to come home tomorrow. Right now she is on narcotic pain medication and tomorrow the vet will see how she's handling the pain and what her next blood screen looks like (how anemic she is) and that will determine if she can come home.

Thank you all so much for your help with Princess!!!

I am so sorry for your loss of your dog. No matter how old they are, we don't ever want to lose them. Godspeed, sweet Shawshank. :animcnda_lg:

Thanks for the update on Princess, and I hope she continues to do well. Hoping for a homecoming tomorrow.

Judy G.

Edited by Judy G

So very sorry to hear about Shawshank, it is never easy to lose one of our furry babies regardless of their age or time with you. As Judy says, godspeed. You are in all of our thoughts. Betsy

We are sorry for your sudden loss of Shawshank, and hope Princess brings you some comfort.

We were trying to remember the name of the Autumn Acres fur kid helped back in 2008. You do amazing work. We remember some of the details, but can't put the name to the fur kid.

I'm so sorry to hear about Shawshank. Losing one of your babies is always hard, no matter their age or how long or short a period of time you've had them. So very sorry.

I hope that Princess does well and will be able to come home tomorrow.

Huckleberry Hound, the PIN that Autumn Acres helped in 2008 was the Chow named Wallace. :) Here is his thread: http://www.imom.org/...topic=4835&st=0

:)

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I'm so sorry to hear about Shawshank. Losing one of your babies is always hard, no matter their age or how long or short a period of time you've had them. So very sorry.

I hope that Princess does well and will be able to come home tomorrow.

Huckleberry Hound, the PIN that Autumn Acres helped in 2008 was the Chow named Wallace. :) Here is his thread: http://www.imom.org/...topic=4835&st=0

:)

Jamie.K

WALLACE! Thank you Jamie for always going the extra mile. We remembered he traveled far to a new home in Cape Cod. Autumn Acres contributed so much to his survival.

Princess is home! The vet said she is extra tough. This surgery turned into even more of a major ordeal than expected. She now has a nipple where the tumor was. They wrapped skin from her belly to the area next to her thigh where the lump was. She is covered in sutures!! Poor girl! But she still wags her tail and is so happy to be home. She is on crate rest for the next 2 weeks along with an e collar.

Thank you again!

Yes, Wallace was another one you guys helped. Wallace was an awesome dog and the last update was sent via snail mail and included photos of him sun bathing in the front yard with the owner.

Nice to hear that Princess is home...hope she has a speedy recovery. I'm sorry for your loss of Shawshank...no matter how long our fur kids are with us, it never is long enough.

Diane

WALLACE! Thank you Jamie for always going the extra mile. We remembered he traveled far to a new home in Cape Cod. Autumn Acres contributed so much to his survival.

Wallace was before my time, so I read up on him. What a happy ending -Thank you Jenifer and Autumn Acres! We should all be so lucky as to live in Cape Code! lol

And I'm so glad Princess is home. I know she hates the crate and the ecollar, but 2 weeks will go by before she knows it, and she'll be feeling all better.

Jamie.K

Princess is doing great so far. She is drinking, taking her pills in fresh pet treats, and wags her stub of a tail and trots around. Tonight I will try to get photos of what she has gone through. She is like a Frankenstein dog, and so happy about it lol

Sure, that will be fine!

Jamie.K

major is an understatement. What a trooper this girl is. How is she doing today? Glad she's eating, drinking, and most of all- wagging that little stub.

How is Princess doing? She really is a trooper...please give her a hug and kiss from me and tell her I hope she is feeling better really soon...what a brave and sweet angel.

Diane

She is doing great. I don't think she understands why she has to go in a crate. I know she can't wait to have freedom again.

Princess is now down to just 3 pain pills a day instead of 5 :) she has realized there are pills in the fresh pet treats, so now she is getting turkey with her pills. I can't wait to get the results of her mass this Friday!

HI

Have you tried unflavored gel caps for pills ? I use them all the time for kitties- you can coat them with butter and they think it is a treat. It also helps hide the nasty taste of some pills. Works for liquid like Flagyl as well.

I got a rainbow over the lake this morning - rather unusual for this time of day= It was my Angels letting me know everything will be fine.

Kathy