Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Princess (Autumn Acres Rescue) - 8 yo Spayed Rat Terrier with Mast Cell Tumor That Has Ruptured

69 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Mast cell tumor against her vulva that has ruptured - tissue is dead.

Treatment: Surgical removal of the tumor.

Low end of estimate: $1,025

Owner contribution: $300 (Autumn Acres Rescue has already spent $225 for diagnostics/cytology.)

Friends of KC Animals http://www.friendsofkcanimals.org/ Contribution/Match: $300

Needed for low end of the estimate: $725 $425

5% for IMOM operating expenses: $36 $21

Our fund raising goal: $761 $446

Spayed/Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Jamie K.

Princess is at All Funds Raised! Donations are no longer needed!

post-9302-0-63380900-1400769860_thumb.jp post-9302-0-77419400-1400769867_thumb.jp

Princess is an 8-year-old spayed rat terrier with a mast cell tumor next to her vulva which has ruptured and has dead tissue. She needs specialized surgery to remove because of the location of the tumor. Her vet states that due to how quickly the tumor is growing, surgery should occur as soon as possible. They want to perform the surgery tomorrow.

Here is what Jenifer who runs Autumn Acres Rescue has to say about Princess: "She is part of our Autumn Acres For Life program and she helps bring 2 other semi-feral/shy rat terriers out into the open. They take treats from our hands because they follow Princess's example. She is a total sweetheart. Very friendly, totally loves new rescue dogs and cats. She's a social butterfly and we use her for our shy dogs to help them open up. She has a terrible mass that MUST be removedShe is part of our Autumn Acres For Life program and she helps bring 2 other semi-feral/shy rat terriers out into the open. They take treats from our hands because they follow Princess's example. She is a total sweetheart. Very friendly, totally loves new rescue dogs and cats. She's a social butterfly and we use her for our shy dogs to help them open up. She has a terrible mass that MUST be removed."

Jenifer has also written an introduction about Princess here: http://www.imom.org/...209#entry151352

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Princess (Autumn Acres Rescue). If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess’s name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

OK I'll match the first 25.00 To get the ball Rollin'. Best of luck Princess ! C"MON. you guys !!!!

I have to head to work but wanted to stop in to say Thank You SO much! Princess is about 12 pounds of all love. Not an aggressive bone in her body. She is the youngest in the group of 3 rat terrier. We never expected her to possibly be the first to go. Later today I will tell you more about Princess and her friends.

Let's keep the matching challenges going. I'll match the next $50 that comes in - let's go folks, double your money by taking mine!!! Betsy

I'll take your $50, Betsy...being sent in memory of my sweet Butchie, who also had mast cell tumors.

Diane

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $60 in donations and needs $701 more!

The $25 Matching Challenge has been met and the match sent in!

Princess has a $50 Matching Challenge!

Thank you all so much!! Who will be the first to take a bite out of the $50 Matching Challenge? We have a lot to raise and very little time to raise it. Princess needs this surgery tomorrow. Can you please help Princess? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Princess (Autumn Acres Rescue). If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

Thank you for considering helping poor Princess.

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $110 in donations and needs $651 more!

The $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Betsy, send in those $$! Thank you all so much!! We're got a really start - let's see how quickly we can get to All Funds Raised for poor Princess. Can you please help? If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Princess (Autumn Acres Rescue). If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Princess's name when making your donation.

What a wonderful way to help this little girl...she's been saved and rescue is working to keep her happy and healthy...can't ask for more than that, can we?

I can't wait to hear more about her...let's get busy and share on all the social media's we can...there are angels around every corner...

$$ happily sent in! You are right Judy, Princess was saved and is actively saving others. It is the least that we can do to get her back in shape to continue doing the good work she does! Betsy

This photo is of Princess on the ride home from one of the vet visits for her lump. You can kind of see it on her bottom. She is such a trooper. She eats (most of the time), takes her medicine (she is on benedryl right now), and is still enjoying life. The only difference is that she doesn't sleep in the bundle with the other 2 right now. She sleeps on a different bed near them.

I can't get the photos to upload on my kndle eitther. Guess it will have to wait until after work tonight. Thank you all for your doations so far. This tumor appeared suddenly and has not stopped growing and changing since it appeared. Princess has been to the vets multilple times while we tried to figure out what it was and what the best treatment method was. The tumor is growing so fast the blood supply can't keep up and that is why the tiissue is dying. The good news is no other lumps have appeared anywhere. So the vet is optimistic that the tumor will not spread or come back quickly after he removes it. This surgery must be done as soon as possible and I am prayng that with everyone's help sweet Princess can get her surgery tomorrow.

I will share photos tonight..and my next post will be about Princess, Sitter, and Hannah.

Princess came into our rescue with her son and mate. The father and son were constantly bickering for pack positon and Princess seemed to just stay out of it. The son was accepted into a rescue in Canada and we only had him for an overnight for transport. The father was adopted out very quickly. Princess immediately became best friends to 2 of our For Life dogs. At the time we had a very old puppy mill cocker spaniel named Haley and a puppy mill rat terrier named Hannah. We had been worried what Hannah would do when Haley passed away. Hannah and Haley were inseperable. Hannah was nearly untouchable, would potty herself if cornered to be petted, but she loved Haley. Followed Haley everywhere, they slept together, ate together, etc. Princess just came right in and joined their family. It became the 3 of them. They groomed each other, slept and ate together and were never aggressive towards each other.

Haley was tough. She lived to be over 17 years old, but eventually cancer got her. We had just rescued Sitter to be another hospice/for life dog. Sitter was 15 years old and had lived the past 10 years in an outdoor pen in a never kill rescue program. That group does not humanely euthanize for medical issues the dogs just had to die eventually on their own. A volunteer was sick of seeing dogs in that condition and was working to get dogs moved to other places (behind the scenes). Sitter had a black lab cagemate for several years until he died and she was named Sitter because she was always sitting on him. She was/is semi feral and will bite if cornered She has congestive heart failure and is on medications for that. It took her a while to work into the group. Sitter can be dominant/aggressive but it is mostly fear based. I will hurt you before you hurt me type of things. Princess and her became friends first. Princess would be sleeping with Sitter, so then Hannah slept with Sitter too and before you knew it they were all one pile of rat terriers sleeping together. Sitter often sits ontop of Princess and Hanna even though she outweighs them both ;-). Princess loves treats, petting, etc. Hannah will come over to me when I'm petting Princess and both Hannah and Sitter have learned to take treats from hands. Sitter is mostly blind now, so sometimes she gets your fingers as well as the treat. Princess is such a great dog. She seems to have an affinity for the other dogs. Probably because her life before was a mess and she remembers what it is like. She be-friends any dog...big or small. She doesn't care what her position is in a pack...she just becomes a friend.

Please help us raise the remaning funds needed to get her better!

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $160 in donations and needs $601 more!

Princess has a $300 Matching Challenge!

Thank you Betsy and thank you all for your donations so far!

We just found out from Jenifer that Friends of KC Animals is willing to donate $300 and are issuing a Matching Challenge! Once their Matching Challenge has been met, they will call in their payment directly to the vet, so we are reducing the amount we're trying to raise by $300! What a great group!!

Okay, we still have some work to do - Princess really needs this surgery tomorrow. If you're unable to donate, please share, share, share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people about this poor pup.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I can't do much this month, but I will take $25 of the matching challenge. Sending in funds right now.

I know IMOM's Angels will get Princess into surgery tomorrow. I am sharing her story with some west coast friends.

Here is to another happy ending and a long and happy life for Princess

Kathy

I am so happy to tell you that Princess is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!! IMOM is pledging the remaining $190 that's needed - between the pledge and your generous donations, Princess will be able to have her life-saving surgery tomorrow. Thank you so very much!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Princess's page is being moved to the All Funds Raised section of the forum. Please be sure to follow her progress as she has her surgery and recovers.

http://tinyurl.com/npbqcan

Thank you so much for coming through for another IMOM Pet in Need!!

:waycool:

Jamie.K

The group of folks on this site just keep amazing me. You all have hearts the size of Alaska. Bless you all.