Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Soze Comeau - Cat with mass in jaw

133 posts in this topic

You might want to Google using Pedialyte for cats to see suggestions and tips and dosing with the unflavored formula.

Fingers and paws are crossed that you won't have to worry too much more about Soze...that she will not only be getting the help that she needs but that everything will go swimmingly.

Edited by Animal Luvr

I saw that little Suky's case was closed for non compliance. I had donated 50.00 to help her out. I requested that the 50.00 I donated for Suky be donated to Isley. I wasn't thinking and forgot about Soze. My bad. I still want that 50.00 to go to Isley, but to make up for my forgetfulness I'll match 50.00 for Soze. If my math is correct that means there is 200.00 worth of matching challenges for Soze. If you donated to Suky I know you can request a refund or let it go into the general fund or request it go to Soze. I know the general fund is an important tool for IMOM, however I feel that time is of the essence with this one, so you might consider sending the money you donated to Suky to Soze. If I'm not mistaken you can make this request by e-mailing IMOM at treasurer@imom.org. I know the general fund needs funds but Soze needs them NOW. Let's get her fixed up on Monday. And wishing all the best for little Suky. Good luck Soze !!

Edited by RESTNWOLF

I did send that email and ask that the funds I donated to Suky be moved to Soze. I am heartbroken that we haven't heard anything from Suky's family, but I agree that Soze needs these funds now and let's do all we can to get that sweet kitty into surgery and on the road to recovery. Betsy

Soze is an indoor cat, but she occasionally enjoys going into the yard when the weather is warm. She is such a cool cat. She never leaves the yard or scratches the furniture. She has wrecked havoc on her kitty post though. Oh, she leaves the bird alone too. She's a gem!

I call her "My Beauty Queen".

Soze loves laying behind the rose bush, and one day before the bush was trimmed back, I turned the water on, not knowing that Soze was in there, she came flying out, soaking wet.

post-30631-0-53418300-1400393520_thumb.j

post-30631-0-78689400-1400394573_thumb.j

post-30631-0-08595600-1400394688_thumb.j

Edited by jeanninecomeau

FUND UPDATE: Soze has $670 in donations and needs $779 more!

The $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

$70 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

We then have a new $50 Matching Challenge!

Note: The $670 includes the match for the $50 and $100 Matching Challenges sent in ahead of time.

Yay! We've really made some progress on the Matching Challenges, and now we have a NEW Matching Challenge added! Thank you all so much! I have absolutely no doubt we're going to get Soze to All Funds Raised today so she can have her surgery tomorrow - we're almost halfway there. Let's finish up the $30 remaining on the $100 Matching Challenge so we can start on the new MC. Please, can you help Soze? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Soze ate well this evening. Throughout today and tonight, she ate an entire can of a/d and I tried giving her the pedialyte, but she didn't like that at all, so I bought a bottle (just in case) of Smart Water and she drank some of that.

I brought her out this evening, and put her on the chair next to me to join the forum...I went to get something, and when I came back, this is where she was..ha! So, I'm typing around her.

post-30631-0-94016200-1400396268_thumb.j

Edited by jeanninecomeau

Nice! An entire can of a/d...good girl, Soze!

Love the rose bush story!

Come on, angels, let's get this sweet girl to the vet's on Monday. Now's an especially good time to donate since we have matching challenges. Let's get moving!

Ok I'm going to send in the 30.00 to finish up Jacki's challenge so everyone can start on the next 50.00 challenge. C'MON !!!

So glad to hear the mass is not cancer. I have been donating $100/month to the General Fund for quite a while, but I will double my donation this month to help Soze get her surgery on Monday. WE CAN DO IT!!!

FUND UPDATE:

Soze has received $825 in donations and needs $624 more! All Matching Challenges have been met!!

Soze, please hang in there. Soze’s mom said “I just know she knows something is

being done for her and her suffering will soon be over.”

Angels, Soze really needs our help. She can no longer eat or drink on her own. If

she doesn’t have the funds for treatment Monday, she won’t make it.

Thank you for considering making a donation to save Soze @ http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. You can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying

paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name on your

donation.

Soze and her mom hope to have years ahead of them to make memories.

Love the picture of Soze in front of the computer - our Maggie does the same thing to my husband on his desk, he has become quite adept at working around her. Can't fathom Soze not getting what she needs to get through this and get on with her wonderful life, so I'm putting up another matching challenge for $100. Who will take my money???

Money is very tight for me this month and the next so all I am able to do is take part of the matching challenge. Sending in $25 and wish it was more.

Woohoo...we have another $100 Matching Challenge!!

We may pull this off Angels. I’ve been looking for a miracle for poor Soze. I know that I have found them, right here on this forum, many times before!

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Sending in my 50.00 match now. Don't forget, if you donated to Suky, whose case was closed, you can request your donated funds go to Soze, who needs them NOW !!! C"MON !!!

I have also sent an email asking for Suki's funds to be switched to Soze. I think we can do this!

Judy G.

I think Betsy also requested her Suky funds be transferred to Soze. I wonder if those funds transferred form Suky to Soze are reflected in the last fund update ?

Hi everyone. Thank you all so much. You are such wonderful people. It says- I've "reached my quota for positive votes for the DAY!!"......but each of you are our hero's.

Update on Soze for this morning. She was very thirsty and has drank a lot of Smart water. I have to run and pick up some more a/d. Her appetite was great yesterday and I'm hoping it will continue throughout the day.

I, too, have requested that my donation for Suki be moved to Soze's fund. I hope all is well with Suki...

Diane

I have had to work this entire weekend and it's been difficult between that and taking care of Soze to thank each of you personally. But at my earliest, it is my priority.

She takes quite some time to feed and drink as quite a lot of it rolls right back out, as you can imagine.

She was able to eat about a quarter of a can, and I know she is really hungry for something else, but even kitten/Pate she can't eat.

Is there any way of blenderizing the food she likes, and maybe cutting it with some liquid to make it more lickable or syringable for her?

FUND UPDATE: Soze has $950 in donations and needs $499 more!

$25 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

We're really making progress now - thank you so much Angels! It's getting late in the day, though, so we don't have much time left. Who will take part of what is remaining in the Matching Challenge? Any takers? Soze really needs this surgery asap tomorrow. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Hi Animal Lover,

I have thought about blending her food, but the blender I have doesn't have blades on the bottom. It has an arm that has blades throughout, so there would be a lot of product waste. Actually, I don't think it would even blend it correctly. It was a gift, that when I get a minute, I'm going to exchange.

Edited by jeanninecomeau

Here is a picture of Soze hanging out in her cat tree. She kind of 86ed this in exchange for my lap. But she is so cute because when you put her in here now, she goes out the other side and scratches on the post. Every time!! ha!

Right now, she is asleep under the desk. She had kind of a restless night last night so it's good that she is resting.

post-30631-0-83625200-1400441497_thumb.j

Here is one of the first pictures of Soze after she felt safe in her life. I would actually describe her as somewhat psychotic when I got her.......and she was for a long time......and who wouldn't be? Being in a shelter in a cage for 6 months would have been hard enough, but add in the pain she much have endured with her foot.

Her chart said, she was brought in with a broken foot by someone who said, "Their sister dumped this cat on them". Her previous name was Midnight, which I didn't want her to have anything more to do with her previous life and changed her name.

The girl at the shelter only charged me $10. for a rabies shot. Soze and I are extremely close. When I see the sad commercials of the animals in dire straights needing a home, it reminds me of Soze.

The next day after getting Soze I took her to the vet to check on her foot. The doctor took an x-ray and said it had been broken for so long that it healed that way, it didn't hurt her anymore and she could walk, - I could leave it that way, or get it amputated at the shoulder.... they would take her whole leg and not just her foot. I decided to not have her leg amputated. Personally, I'd rather have a disabled limb then no limb at all. The way she walks on it, is, she walks on her forearm or hops if she's in a hurry.

post-30631-0-95972000-1400442642_thumb.j

Edited by jeanninecomeau

Angels, we need to save Soze. Her mom said, in her application to IMOM; “ I hope

you can help as this cat had a bad beginning and I have tried to right the wrong

by giving her a loving home and spoiled her every chance I could. She still has the light

in her eyes and wants to go on."

If Soze does not have surgery tomorrow, she will not be able to go on. If you can help, in whatever amount, please to to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your donation for Soze. You can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying

paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name on your donation.

Soze and her mom would be so very, very grateful!