Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Soze Comeau - Cat with mass in jaw

133 posts in this topic

Soze needs to be able to have this surgery on Monday. We need to come through for her.

Come on, angels, we all know how stressful it is to have a pet not eating or drinking...and we know why in Soze's case. This should be easily remedied...and, we also know how quickly our pets can deteriorate if we can't get to them in a timely fashion.

Let's get Soze the help she needs NOW so she can still be with her mom and have many more wonderful lap cat moments, memories, and pictures!

I don't know where we are on matching challenge funds...cuz you know how I love them...but, matching challenge or not, I'm sending in my donation now so we can get that much quicker to All Funds Raised.

Diane

Edited by Animal Luvr

Soze’s mom said; “Things got scary when she lost her ability to drink water because I didn't realize right away. Literally from one day to the next, she could no longer lap up water. She is also thin. She weighs 6 pounds.”

Soze’s mom reports she “is fading.” If Soze does not have this life-saving surgery on Monday, she will not make it.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Thanks you for you caring, compassion , and generosity!!

Made a small donation. I hope Soze gets to have surgery on Monday!

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for this. You are truly wonderful people. I have to tell you that when I found out that you were going to fund raise for Soze I was so exited, and I picked up Soze and told her that she was going to be helped. That people were going to help her, and to just hold on a couple more days...and when I put her down, she scratched a couple times at the carpet!! That is a little "happy dance" she does. (This has been the most lively she's been in days)

I told her last night too-and she ate a little better.

Thank you so much Angels. Every little bit helps, so we can save her.

Edited by jeanninecomeau

Hi Animal Luvr,

No. They haven't offered me any fluids, I will look into it. Thank you! She was drinking easily from the syringe, she would even let me know she was thirsty by getting into the bathtub. (This is how I found out she could no longer drink. She got in the tub, so I turned the water on to a drizzle, and she put her entire head in and drank the water as it flowed from her cheeks into her mouth.)

The last few days, she is noticeably not thirsty and not eating well. The mass is such that she can't bite down well enough to collect food. She can't close her mouth, so I have been giving her a/d which is VERY soft and trying to roll it into a ball or point so she can get it into her mouth, but the mass is so large that it's getting very hard to get anything into her mouth and have it not come out- she is also getting tired of trying.

When I say, she ate better last night, I mean, maybe a quarter of a 5.5 oz can of food.

**FUND UPDATE: Soze has received $400 in donations and needs $1049 more! And we have a $50 Matching Challenge!

Please Angels, give if you can. It sounds like poor Soze is starting to give up. Let's give her some hope......

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Soze would thank you if she could!

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Just donated $25 in memory of my kitty Bambi that passed away last month I hope your kitty is ok ;) ;) ***hugs***

**FUND UPDATE: Soze has received $400 in donations and needs $1049 more! The Matching Challenge has been met!!

Soze’s mom very recently said; “I am feeling so very positive, because I've seen a few signs from Soze that she hasn't given up the fight. This is important in her surviving and recovering from the surgery. We had both given up hope…..”

We can keep the hope alive Angels. Please, if you can give anything at all, go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Soze and her mom thank you from the bottom of their hearts!

post-22479-0-31725600-1400357301_thumb.j

just sent the $100 match- Thank You all who took the challenge.

Today is the birthday of a very special angel, Theresa V. In her honor and memory, the Pride and I offer a matching challenge for the next $50. Soze is not giving up, and neither are we.

We have a $50 Matching Challenge!!

Wow......thank you CatPaws!! And happy birthday, in memoriam, to Theresa V.

Can you even imagine what it must be like to have a mass so large that it prevents you from eating? Sozes'aid if she stops eating she's in trouble. We can't let this continue. Please help us to get the word out so Soze can have surgery --- soon!

She is holding on - waiting for us.

:magicmoon:

Please, if you can give anything at all, go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

My furkids and I will personally match the next $100 donated to Soze.

Go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Okay folks, we have a $50 Matching Challenge and then a $100 Matching Challenge! Who will be the first to step up and take part of these Matching Challenges? Soze is having a lot of difficulty eating, and she is in danger of becoming critical at any time if she stops eating altogether. Please can you help Soze? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze's name when making your donation.

Thank you all.

I have sent a small donation. I'm sorry I couldn't send more, but I just got laid off two weeks ago. I am sending lots of healing thoughts for Soze also.

Sorry if I'm reposting, but I don't see my last post.Soze ate a few bites this morning and drank a little water. She hasn't given up the fight.

Sorry if I'm reposting, but I don't see my last post.Soze ate a few bites this morning and drank a little water. She hasn't given up the fight.

Thank you so much for the donations for Soze. I would like to personally thank each and every one of you.....I'm overwhelmed with your generosity and have never experienced such tears of joy until I found you.

Soze is resting comfortably today, and got up to greet me and purred when I went to check on her. I just know, she knows something is being done for her and her suffering will soon be over.

I can't say thank you enough!

Edited by jeanninecomeau

IMOM angels...

There are TWO matching challenges going on right now...that means...NO DONATION is too small...everything is DOUBLED and they all add up...

SO please, please...share this information on any social media you use...there are angels around every corner and this little girl can have her surgery on MONDAY if the funds are in...that means we have tonight and tomorrow to make that happen...

if we can get the money in for the matching challenges that would really be a lovely funds update in the morning...

I think this is doable...especially if we all share...ask our friends to share and they can ask their friends to do the same...PLEASE...this little girl is having a really hard time being able to drink or eat...how you do you think that would feel??

Angels - now is the time - TWO Matching Challenges! Double your donation. Suze needs our help. I just know we can get her into surgery soon. If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze's name when making your donation.

Thank you for your care and support!

Ok.....I will take some of those matching funds.....donation sent!

Angles, when Soze’s mom walked into that shelter 8 years ago, she didn’t choose a perfectly formed kitten. She chose Soze, an adult cat with a broken foot who would be forever handicapped. They truly have a special bond.

Please help them to be able to continue to share that bond. Soze won’t survive without surgery on Monday.

If you can give anything at all, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Thank you for your compassion and generosity!

Jeannine, I'm sorry if I missed this in any of your posts, but are you able to syringe Soze with the a/d and water? Any luck on getting the sub-q fluids for her?

I see that we are making progress on fundraising, please keep telling your sweetie that help is on the way and that she should hang in there. Healing thoughts are being sent and a candle is lit for Soze.

OK, now I just can't control myself...I'll take some of that matching money...off to visit PayPal.

Diane

Diane, I was able to syringe Soze water today and did very well. We have syringed the a/d as well when she doesn't eat well.

Still waiting to hear back from vet about IV fluids.

I am so happy with the funding and hoping to help out others through this organization in the future.

Thank you!

I wonder if Soze would do well with getting plain Pedialyte in her to help out with electrolytes....my brain is just working overtime right now...time to shut it down :-)