Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Soze Comeau - Cat with mass in jaw

133 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Mandibular mass

Treatment: Surgery

Low end of estimate: $1380

Owner contribution: $0 - Owner borrowed $500 for treatment thus far

Needed for low end of the estimate: $1380

5% for IMOM operating expenses: $69

Our fund raising goal: $1449

Spayed/Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Cindy K.

Soze is at All Funds Raised!! Donations no longer needed!

Soze is a 12 year old, domestic medium hair cat with a mass in her jaw. Right now Soze’s owner is feeding her soft food by hand and giving her water by syringe, but Soze needs surgery as soon as possible in order to survive.

Soze’s owner, who adopted her from a shelter in 2006, had this to say about her sweet girl; “Soze has brought light into my life. She and I are so connected that I can blink slowly to her and she comes and sits on my lap.I love her.”

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

post-22479-0-67167900-1400273176_thumb.j

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

This is what her mom posted in the introduction thread-

Hi, My name is Jeannine. I'm here because my cat Soze has a mass in her jaw. It needs to be removed so that she can eat and drink water again. A fine needle biopsy didn't indicate cancer.

Right now, I am hand feeding her a/d by Hills, which is very soft food and syringing her water, but she needs this surgery as soon as possible.

I am very glad that I have found this site, as I hope to pay it forward and help others when I can. Every penny adds up.

Thank you so much and I look forward to getting to know you!

Let's get this started with a $100 matching challenge. I know there are folks out there who will take my money, so have it!!! Let's get Soze the help she needs. Betsy

Thank you all so much for this opportunity to save my cat. When I found out, I broke down with happiness. I love her so much and I thought by early next week she'd be gone.

I will be back to tell you about Soze and post more pictures.

In an email earlier today, Soze's mom said; "Soze is fading and needs to get the surgery ASAP!"

Please Angels let's get this little girl the funds she needs to survive. If you are able to give anything at all, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying

paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name

when making your donation.

If you can, share a link to this page on Facebook, Twitter, pet-related mailing lists, friends, family, and wherever you think it might help.

Thank you so much!!

PS: Soze's mom is at work right now and trying the best she can to post. She will posting more as she is able.....

I'm so happy this is not cancer we are dealing with, but this little girl still needs to get fixed up ASAP. The sooner she gets the mass removed the sooner she can get back to eating normally like a kitty should.

If you are able to donate, please do so as soon as possible, she really needs our help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

Hi. Soze is a beautiful, petite cat. I found her while just "looking" at my local shelter. I came upon her cage and saw that she had a problem with her foot.I inqurired about her but the girl didn't know until she read her chart. She was brought into the pound with a horribly broken foot and had been in a cage, with a broken paw for 6 months. The worker was shocked and couldn't believe she had been there that long. I Adopted Soze and brought her right away to a vet.Soze is handicapped and was quite nervous for a long time after I got her. My feeling is she had been abused. Soze has become one of the sweetest cats ever. She is quite spoiled too. Whenever Soze is coming, everyone better move out of the way. I have gone out if my way to see that she lives as stress free as possible and we have a very strong bond.

FUND UPDATE: We have $75.00 Raised so far, another $25 and we will have matched the $100 challenge!!! We still have a long way to go but we are off to a great start tonight!

If you are able to donate, please do so as soon as possible, she really needs our help, please go tohttp://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

Soze's Mom...can you tell us how you came about her name? It is very unique...also, does she have a favorite toy? We love to hear stories...anything you can share please??

If you are at work and can't post right now we understand...but will be looking forward to stories and photos when you get home...

The more you post the more people are going to fall in love with Soze...the angels don't always post but they come here to read, believe me...

So, where are we with funds now.....and, how soon can Soze get an appointment? I'm just making a wild guess and leap of faith that we'll have our fundraising effort done by Sunday night...right, angels??? :-)

Jeannine, you're doing great with your caregiving...don't give up hope, the angels here are amazing! Give your sweetie a hug and kiss from me an let her know that help is on the way!

Diane

Thank you all so much for the donations so far. It felt like an eternity at work.

Judy, thank you for asking. Soze's name came about when I brought her home in 2006. My kids were still young and my one son suggested Keyser Soze because he had just seen The Unusual Suspects. So her full name is Keyser Soze, but we call her Soze for short.

Diane, Thank you so much for the encouragement. It has been a struggle and the last few days, she has not been eating very well. Things got scary when she lost her ability to drink water because I didn't realize right away. Literally from one day to the next, she could no longer lap up water. She is also thin. She weighs 6 pounds.

I called the surgeon and she can go in first thing Monday morning.

Soze is a total lap cat. She is on my lap any chance she gets especially from October to March when I become her heating pad. She also can be found asleep on your chest if you're on your back or asleep on your back in you are sleeping on your stomach.

post-30631-0-09273000-1400297793_thumb.j

Jeannine, have you had Soze get sub-q fluids from the vet to stay hydrated?

FUND UPDATE: Soze has $85 in donations and needs $1364 more!

$85 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you so much Angels! Okay - just $15 more and Betsy can send in her match! Beautiful Soze really needs this surgery first thing Monday morning. Can you please help? We have quite a bit to go, but I know we can do it! If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze's name when making your donation.

Thank you all.

$15.00 is all we need to meet the first matching challenge for Soze.....

IMOM is all about saving pets in need and it was begun by a woman who loved and promised her LBK Magic that in his honor she would help pets in need.....

this is what IMOM is all about...and Soze is a LBK just like Magic.....let's see what we can do to make that first LBK happy and get this kitty well again.

:magicmoon:

I'll finish out the matching challenge! Please Angels, join me in saving Soze.

When Soze’s mom adopted her from the shelter in 2006, she said Soze “had been there for 6 months with a broken foot resulting in her being handicapped. Because she was probably, previously abused, she was a nervous wreck and it took quite some time for her to know that she was, now, forever safe and loved.”

Please help Soze’s mom continue to keep her safe and loved and able to eat and drink on her own and able to look forward to a future.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Soze and her mom would be so very, very grateful!

post-22479-0-71753500-1400330815_thumb.j

Matching challenge gladly sent in. C'mon Angels, let's rock this one for Soze and her mom!!! Betsy

THE PRIDE OFFERS $100 MATCHING CHALLENGE.

We are on our way to help bolster some support for our local shelter, which is in danger of being closed, but will check back in later.

We are also fans of the Usual Suspects. Happy Birthday to 2 of our own- Sue W and Charlene.

**FUND UPDATE: Soze has received $200 in donations and needs $1249 more! Matching Challenge has been met. AND another $100 Matching Challenge has been issued!!!

Things are looking up for Soze and her mom thanks to you! Please help if you can. If you are unable to donate, please share Soze's story on Facebook, twitter, with family and friends, etc. She can have her life-saving surgery first thing Monday morning if we are able to raise the funds!

Please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Soze needs to be able to have this surgery on Monday. We need to come through for her.

We have asked her mom to apply to other organizations and provided her with a list. However it's the week end.

Please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Soze Comeau. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Soze’s name when making your donation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!