Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Ebony Clark - 8 y/o Airedale with abdominal mass

60 posts in this topic

Oh my gosh, Ebony is at All Funds Raised!! Thank you so much Steve for taking her across the finish line!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HUGE thanks to all of you who donated and shared! What you all have done here is incredible, and I never cease to be amazed at your kind, caring, and generous hearts.

Ebony's thread will be moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow her progress as she has her surgery and goes through recovery.

:waycool:

Good luck Ms. Clara. We are all pulling for you and the big guy. (Girl)

Edited by RESTNWOLF

I'm glad to see that all funds have been met, so I will contribute Chili's story in hopes that it will help ease Ebony's mom's mind. February 2013, Chili was diagnosed with an abdominal mass and we took him to Ohio State University since it was so large the local vet didn't feel comfortable doing the surgery. I was very concerned since Chili was at least 10 years old (he was a rescue), probably older. He had been slowing down, but we thought it was due to old age. He came through the surgery fine and came home without his BOWLING BALL sized mass. He was much perkier and said he wasn't ready to cross the rainbow bridge yet. Over a year later he is still doing well. I hope Ebony has the same results.

Is there any news on how Ebony is doing? I was hoping she could have her surgery earlier since she was so critical.

Judy G.

This is the email we just received from Marissa. She is the neighbor that helped Ebony's mom Clara, complete our application:

HELLO THEY HAVE SEEN HER DAILY SINCE FRIDAY BEASUSE IT WAS 1 HOUR TO CLOSING SO THEY HAVE PUT AN IV AND DRAINED THE TUMOR BUT HASNT EATEN ON HER OWN HAS BEEN FED BY HAND IS DRINKING WATER HAS SURGERY SCHEDULED 8AM JUST KEEPING HER COMFORTABLE. AND HER MOM IS SO MUCH BETTER AND OVER JOYED OF THE OUT POURING SUPPORT IS WORKING ON A LETTER OF THANKFULNESS SHE HAD ME AND ANOTHER GIRL DO THE COMPUTER WORK. IM VERY AMAZED OF THIS BLESSING THANK YOU

Ebony is schedule for surgery at 8 am PST. We will keep all her supporters posted as we learn any news and, hopefully, one of Clara's friends will post on the forum as well. Paws crossed for a good outcome!

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

I have provided Clara's friend a link to this page so hopefully we will receive information regarding Ebony here.

She did say:

"I AM WONDERING WHERE I CAN GO TO VIEW THE SUPPORTERS DONATORS AND VIEW THE MESSAGES TO BE ABLE TO PRINT THEM OUT FO R CLAIRE SHE DOSENT SEE WELL I AM GOING TO MAKE VIEW BIGGER AND SIT WITH HER AND LET HER VIEW THEM OVER DINNER TONIGHT THANK YOU"

She sounds like a very good friend to both Ebony and Clara!

What a nice lady Marissa is!

Thank you for letting us know what's going on with Ebony, Miss Clara. She, and you, are in my thoughts and prayers. Prayers and a healing candle will be lit for your sweetheart.

Diane

Any news yet? :) I know it's PST, so only 3 hours, but I am a worrier.

Judy G.

Edited by Judy G

Hello everyone, First I want to thank all of you out there who supported and helped Ms. Clara and Ebony to get the surgury Ebony needed. I regret, however, to say that Ebony did not make it through the surgury, it seems that the tumor had spread throughout most of her body and so she had to be put down. I know she is not hurting anymore, I just hope that Ebony knows just how loved and missed she is. Ms. Clara is not well and is over whelmed with greif for the loss of, her baby. I thank you all for truely being "ANGELS" I can not say it enough.

I just want to add one more thing......I DON'T ever deal with death or related to death and I can NOT leave Ms. Clara without support, and I loved Ebony so much also, what am I supposed to say to her or do for her? I am just trying to be tough for Clara....but I am a crybaby what am I to do?

Oh, no! I was not expecting this update. I am so, so sorry and my heart is breaking for Miss Clara. I know she loved Ebony very much, and she will be so missed. Godspeed, sweet Ebony. Run free now without pain and wait for your mom.

Judy G. :animcnda_lg:

You don't have to be tough. If you want to cry with Clara, go right ahead. There is nothing wrong with tears when a great loss has occurred.

Judy G.

My heart is breaking for Ms. Clara. Joline, please send her my love and a hug.

Joline and Clara - my heart aches for your loss. Rest in peace, Ebony. You were very much loved. :animcnda_lg:

Ms. Clara, Joline, and Marissa:

So many hearts are breaking today because of Ebony's loss. Perhaps none will be in as many pieces as Ms. Clara's.

Thank you for being such a good friend to them both.

Godspeed sweet Ebony.... :animcnda_lg:

Clara, Marissa, and Joline, I'm so sorry for your loss. Poor Ebony is with all of our other angel babies. and you will see her again.

:animcnda_lg:

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Joline, I am very sorry to hear that Ebony has gone ahead. With help from you and Marissa, Miss Clara did everything she could to save Ebony. I hope you all can take comfort from that fact. Letting go when the time comes is the hardest thing we have to do, but it is also the right thing to do. I hope that in time the hole in Miss Clara’s heart (and yours) will be filled with happy memories of Ebony. All dogs are special but I have had three Airedales over the years and I know how extra-special they can be. Please let Miss Clara know my thoughts are with her, and with you and Marissa as well.

Leslie

Miss Clara, Marissa, and Joline...I am so sorry for your loss. I know we were all hoping that things would have turned out differently for Ebony. I guess God had other plans, so yet another angel has been added to His realm. Loving energy is being sent to you to help comfort you in your time of sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Diane

Oh No. This is the saddest IMOM day I've ever had. I'm Really overwhelmed by this one. I'm sick to my stomach right now.

I don't even know what to say, which is unusual for me. I am so sad. My heart breaks for Ebony's family. Although there is some comfort in knowing they did the right thing for Ebony, I am sure the pain is still so great. I send them hugs and join in their tears... Betsy

Edited by ABQBets

And Joline, it has already been said, but cry with Ms. Clara - just be with her, that is the support she needs. Let her tell you stories of Ebony as she was growing up, it will help both of you to focus on the good times. In time, that is what you will remember, the pain will ebb, and those stories and memories will make you smile...

To the community members and guests at imom.org,

Ms. Clara is here and asked me to post the following

I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of support to my

Baby girl and myself. I plan to say a little more in a

Few days, for now I will just say god blessed me with

So many gifts this last week. However it ended I know

That I was blessed.