Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy.k IMOM

Ebony Clark - 8 y/o Airedale with abdominal mass

60 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Abdominal mass

Treatment: Surgery

Low end of estimate: $1382

Owner contribution: $100

Needed for low end of the estimate: $1282

5% for IMOM operating expenses: $64

Our fund raising goal: $1346

Spayed/Neutered: No

Caseworker: Cindy K.

Ebony is at All Funds Raised! Donations no longer needed!

Ebony is a very sick puppy. Ebony’s mom lives on a very small, fixed income and was couldn’t afford to take her to the vet. Now, according to the vet, Ebony’s case is critical and she needs surgery asap.

Here is what Ebony’s mom, who lives alone, had to say about her baby: “My dog is my world, my life, my companion.”

Since Ebony’s mom does not have a computer or internet access, her wonderful neighbor, Marissa, has been helping her on the forum. If funds are available, Ebony can have this life-saving surgery first thing Monday morning and Clara will be able to save her companion.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Ebony Clark. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Ebony’s name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

post-22479-0-90724300-1399125718_thumb.j

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I am having a newsletter mailing event at my house today and won't be able to be on the forum much at all, but know that I am with ALL THE ANGELS in spirit today...

let's really work hard to MAKE THIS HAPPEN...Ebony and her Momma need us...and she has a great friend helping...WE can do this...

Welcome Marissa, Clara and Ebony ! To get the ball rolling, I'm issuing a $100

match-challenge_zps7a4db906.jpg

I will match the next $100 that comes in with a $100 donation of my own.

Who'll be the first to take my $$

Weekends can be slow around here, so lets try to get some momentum going. Who's with me?

Edited by kuhio98

Woo Hoo!! A matching challenge.......with a lovely graphic! :) Please Angels, donate if you can. This sweet pup is about all his mom has. Ebony is only 8 years old and they could have a lot of happy years together ahead.

OK, I'm a sucker for matching challenges...Lisa, I'll be happy to take some of that money! Let's get the ball rolling and Ebony to the vet's on Monday!!!

Diane

Ebony's mom, Clara, does not have the luxury of internet or a computer so she is depending on her neighbor, Marissa, to help her post. Clara is trying to contact her neighbor now so that she is able to share her and Ebony's story.

In Marissa's introduction she said that Ebony is Clara's "companion, best friend, and child." Of Clara she says she is "a sweet, 60 year old lady who, even on a fixed income, always seems to find it in her heart to donate to charity, always giving."

Ebony won't survive without surgery on Monday and Clara, truly, has nowhere else to turn. If you are able to give anything at all, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and make a donation in Ebony Clark's name. You can also donate via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Ebony's name on your donation.

Clara and Ebony would be so very, very grateful to be able to have more time together.

post-22479-0-00900700-1399135620_thumb.j

Just look at that adorable face! Poor Ebony is very, very sick and she needs this surgery first thing Monday morning, so we are trying like heck to raise the funds for her. Her Mom doesn't have a computer and is using a neighbor's so she is doing the best that she can posting. Please if you can, donate to Ebony this weekend, the sooner the better so we can be sure she gets her surgery Monday morning.

If you are able to give anything at all, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and make a donation in Ebony Clark's name. You can also donate via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Ebony's name on your donation.

Thank you in advance!!!

Ebony just not feeling so hot

Hi I am Joline and I have been a friend to both Ebony and Ms. Clara for a very long time, If there is anything you all should know about the two of them it is this...... There could not be a more deserved pair of companions to be blessed. Ebony has a very unique way of speaking without a single bark, she is so loved and she loves so many. Her owner, Clara Clark is also more than worthy of a miracle, she is always helping someone, somewhere, somehow, she NEVER asks or expects to be repaid for the things she does, and she doesn't do it for recognition either. The two of them have helped me so very much I just pray that imom will be able to pull through for them. THANK YOU ALL

Ebony smiles for the camera

When I first met Ebony, She didn't like me too much (mostly because my boyfriend Luke, was hers, or so she thought) after a while Ebony realized that I was not going anywhere, and instead of snubbing me like she had for so long, she would great me with excitement and seriously dangerous hugs. I mean, come on she is taller than me standing on her hind legs and weighed just about as much as I did! Needless to say, one of Ebony's hugs would, Literally, knock me right off my feet. :rolleyes:

Since we have to raise funds QUICKLY for Ebony, is there any chance of people getting the hat passed an extra time at church services? Sounds strange, but hey...we need to think outside the box, right?

My matching challenge is getting cold and lonely up here in Alaska!!!!! Who will warm me up a little with a donation?

Ebony's vet said he was giving her antibiotics and draining fluids late yesterday afternoon in order to stabilize her for surgery. If she does not have this procedure done Monday, she won't make it. Her vet says her condition is "advanced."

Ebony's mom loves her so much. If you are able to donate, please do. Go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and give in Ebony Clark's name. You can also donate via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and indicating Ebony's name on your donation.

If you can't donate, please share Ebony's story on social media and with friends and family.

Thank you so much for all your efforts.

Here is a photo of Ebony at 3 y/o.

post-22479-0-48022500-1399145052_thumb.j

This poor girl. I'm very worried. She MUST have surgery first thing Monday morning. This is why we're here to help in life threatening emergencies... and boy is this one. Her mom is working so hard to get Ebony the help she needs. Let's help her help Ebony. We need the MAGIC now for this sweet senior.

If you are able to donate anything at all, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and make a donation in Ebony Clark's name. Each and every donation adds up!!! You can also donate via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Ebony's name on your donation.

Thank you for your care and support.

C'Mon Angels, let's pull together for Clara and Ebony. $100 matching challenge. I know someone out there will take my money... Betsy

FUND UPDATE - Ebony has received $335 in donations and

needs $1011 more!

AND there is a new $100 Matching Challenge!

Yes Angels, we need miracle to save sweet Ebony and keep her family together. It’s just the two of them......Ebony and her mom. But then I have seen miracles happen right here on this forum time and again.

Will you help Ebony with a donation of any size? Please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation and indicate for Ebony Clark. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and indicate Ebony’s name.

We have the rest of today and tomorrow to make this happen!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

post-22479-0-84603500-1399158798_thumb.j

Angels, thank you all for your donations so far. Ebony should have already had surgery, and frankly she may not make it through the weekend. It is imperative that she have this surgery Monday. Please help if you can. If you're unable to donate, please share.

Will you help Ebony with a donation of any size? Please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation and indicate for Ebony Clark. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and indicate Ebony’s name.

We have the rest of today and tomorrow to make this happen!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

FUND UPDATE - Ebony has received $835 in donations and needs $511 more!

The $100 Matching Challenge has been met.....and then some!!

Unbelievable!! Thank you Angels!!

I know this is a difficult case, with the owner not having a computer and not able to post. But, I did speak to Clara. She sat right by her neighbors side until she completed our online application. She said, "Ebony may not mean much to some people, but she means everything to me."

If we can keep this going until AFR, Clara and Ebony will be so amazingly grateful!

If you can help Ebony with a donation of any size? Please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation and indicate for Ebony Clark. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and indicate Ebony’s name.

I am humbled, as always, by your generosity....

Wow, great news. $100 sent. You folks never cease to amaze me - your selfless support of those in need is so wonderful... Betsy

WOW.... I am simply amazed at how many people have come to Ebony's aid. Thank you so very much , all of you are truly heaven sent. I know that Ebony more than appreciates every thing everyone has done to help her, BIG or little.

Ebony's vet spent several hours again this afternoon, dispite it being his day off, and again Ebbie seemed in higher spirits until, she fell to sleep, and is resting now. What worries me is, this morning it was a very emotional event when we tried to wake Ebbie and got very little response. She got up and eventually was as good as is possible at current.

Ebony's vet spent several hours again this afternoon, dispite it being his day off, and again Ebbie seemed in higher spirits until, she fell to sleep, and is resting now. What worries me is, this morning it was a very emotional event when we tried to wake Ebbie and got very little response. She got up and eventually was as good as is possible at current.

Joline ~ If we can make a miracle happen and get the funds raised today -- I know I'm getting ahead of myself -- but do you think the vet would be able to perform the surgery tomorrow?

FUND UPDATE - Ebony has received $986 in donations and needs $360 more!

I must agree with Joline....you Angels are truly heaven sent. Please hang on Ebony...so many people want to see you well again and playing and being your mom's best friend.....

Edited by Cindy.k IMOM

Joline ~ If we can make a miracle happen and get the funds raised today -- I know I'm getting ahead of myself -- but do you think the vet would be able to perform the surgery tomorrow?

Wow, that would be great...and we're so close to All Funds Raised.

Joline, please let Miss Clara and Ebony know that we are working very hard and to hang in there and keep the faith!

Come on, angels, let's get this fundraising done tonight, please....please!

Diane

FUND UPDATE: Ebony has $1286 in donations and needs $60 more!

Wow, thank you so much! I can't believe how quickly this is coming together for poor Ebony. Thank you, thank you!! $60 and we'll be at All Funds Raised! That is so doable. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites. We need to be sure this poor pup is able to have surgery ASAP.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Ebony Clark. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Ebony's name when making your donation.

Thank you all.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM