Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Suki Rodriguez - 13 y/o Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix with Pyometra

115 posts in this topic

I just spoke to Suky's vet. She was checked again on Friday and while she is improving, she is still not yet stable for sugery. She will be checked again this coming Friday to see if she can have surgery then. I sure hope we hear from Suky's mom soon. Sending healing thoughts to this sweet pup.

Glad to hear she is improving, but sure wish she could have the surgery now. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending healing thoughts from New Mexico as well... Betsy

Hello everyone we are deeply sorry for the long wait and concern for suky this past weekend! We have had so much troubles with our computer and internet, but we have full contact now and appreciate the love still poured out for suky.

Last Friday suky returned to the vet, they gave her a check up and blood work to check her status. He said she is doing better, but not quiet to strong enough for surgery. We waited for results all weekend and were informed that the vet wants to wait another week to evaluate her again.

Suky has improved so much since last week though in well news! Her apatite is back to normal and she is walking around as much as she can wanting to be with us 24/7. She craves all the attention and is in good spirits! Which makes us very happy. We are eagerly awaiting for surgery soon and pray she will be FULLY ready.

Thank you for all your concern and love for suky. We still have been very fortunate and grateful to have suky along our side and much of that is because of you guys. Thank you from my family and especially suky!

I am so glad that you got your computer issues straightened out...AND that Suky is improving and with luck, will get her surgery on Friday!!!

Please, please keep us updated...especially since she is improving...each day we can cheer her on to Friday...then her surgery and finally her recovery.....

Hello again! We are continuing to take it day by day with suky and by the looks of it she is getting stronger! She always has an appetite now wagging her tail as we get her food and she loves anyone who trys to show some love. She has shown a lot of improvement and we are confident she will be ready for surgery but can only hope and pray.

Suky loves to go outside and cries at ever being alone downstairs because of how much stronger her love is for us and as well as us for her. Every morning I tell her she will be completely healthy and always remind her we are going to help her.

Thank you for the support and our spirits are high for suky to be closer to surgery!

Here is a picture of suky earlier being silly and playing in her bed. She had just got done eating and surprisingly ate very well to come back and how how happy she was. Moments like this make me so amazed at how strong shes come, she still is a kid at heart.

Hopefully she will get the okay from the vet for surgery!

post-30357-0-75437500-1399504974_thumb.j

Hello angels! Keeping another word on suky she is still striving with her good spirits! She got very excited seeing us walk in and my children come home from school today. She had a well nights sleep and looks as if she is doing super good.

With all the love we've given her she is more spoiled than ever but we could be more happier with that because she deserves it all. No word yet from the vet we will call to make sure as soon as possible when exactly it will be okay to take her back.

I am sure she is in a good state for surgery and my heart is hoping every single day.

Thank you all very much!

Keep spoiling your little girl. She certainly deserves it. Isn't she supposed to get checked by the vet again today? Please let us know what the vet says. Paws crossed she is well enough for surgery.

My deepest sorrys go out for not keeping in touch. Unfortunately my computer quit on us and we've had no Internet connection since that. I am currently updating through my phone and finally am able to connect to IMOM.

We have tryed our very best and are very sorry.

In better news suky is okay and very much the same lively dog. We are blessed but still worried of time since she hasnt gone in for surgery. Yet I believe soon we will be taking her back I have to discuss with my husband and vet. She is still spoiled than ever crying at the dinner table under our feet for more food! She loves waking up in our beds and never wants to spend time alone. We cherish she is still her amazing self and are praying for a closer date to surgery.

Thank you and I apologize for the long wait.

I am so glad to hear that Suky is doing well...and please keep up with your postings...we all worry so...

Now, I am really worried and confused as to why Suky is NOT getting her surgery yet? If she is feeling better and ready for surgery it still needs to happen AND BEFORE SHE GETS SICK AGAIN...

pyrometra DOES NOT GO AWAY...she is going to get sick again, and if she doesn't have the surgery she will not survive...her uterus will become ruptured and she cannot recover from that...

If you have having problems getting to the vet or need help do you have a neighbor, relative or child that can help get you there?

NOW is the time get the surgery done when she is the most healthy...she is 13 yrs. old and soon could be a happy healthy senior girl again...

PLEASE PLEASE get this surgery scheduled for THIS WEEK...call you vet and make it happen. Suky is counting on you to make her well again.

I know that you are worried about Suky having surgery because of her age and I know that you love her a lot...talk with your vet about this...he/she will explain what needs to be done, if you have questions, write them down and ask them in a telephone call.....it seems as if your vet is very nice...

Edited by Judy

Oh boy! Is Suky scheduled for surgery yet? If she is happy and lively and doing well, can they not do the surgery? Like Judy said, this will not go away and could lead to bad things.

I certainly agree with Judy....what is the hold-up? If Suky is feeling stronger, NOW is the time to do surgery. I do not understand this particular case at all. :(

I know that you are very worried and a fraid of this surgery for Suky...but you must trust what your vet says...

ask him/her what will happen if you don't do the surgery, I don't think you'll like what the answer will be...

All surgeries are scary...but you don't want Suky to get sick again and then it's an emergency and Suky will be in a weakened condition and might get in trouble with that...

I know this is very hard to handle, but think long and hard about this...AND trust your vet...

Can you tell us why surgery has not been schedule yet? And, when do you plan on having it done? Communication is most important, especially now as there are a lot of people that are confused on what is going on.

My heart has been touched by this sweet, sweet senior girl and I just want to see her healthy again...

Edited by Judy

Unfortunately, Suky's case has been closed due to the applicant not posting as well as not communicating with the committee via email regarding Suky's treatment. Suky's mom was given clear warnings her case could be closed. We can only hope that she will be able to get Suky treated without our help. As of this morning, Suky's vet had still not heard back from the owner regarding scheduling a recheck. We hope and pray that Suky will be OK.

For any Angels who generously donated to Suky - if you would like to request a refund, please send an email to treasurer@imom.org - if not, your donation will be applied to the General Fund. Thank you so much for your support and care of the pets in need.