Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Suki Rodriguez - 13 y/o Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix with Pyometra

115 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE: Suky has $335 in donations and needs $535 more.

$10 of Suky's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you all so much! We still have $90 left in the Matching Challenge. It would be so great if we could meet the Matching Challenge by tomorrow morning. Can you please help poor Suky? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Suky's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much.

Judy, it is truly amazing to have you supporting and cheering on my baby girl. Thank you so much for your efforts, our family appreciates you and is blessed to have such big hearts behind Suky. It is interesting that before we came into contact with IMOM we really thought we were on our own- never did we think something like this existed where people who don't even know our family prior, come together and rally behind and lift an entire family up like it has done to ours. We did not know how we were going to pull through with all these procedures and medication essentials for Suky as we also have a son who recently was accepted into an University so resources as you can imagine are very tight. This family here at IMOM has really given us a first hand experience that has shown us that we are all going through it together and it makes everything so much better to have this support. In the future we will return the love helping out other families in need with anything we can because we know how effective it is and how each contribution or each encouragement goes a long way. Every progress made by Suky, every moment longer we have, every time she wags her tail (which she is doing now again! From time to time thanks to the helping medications and treatment!) and the healthier she is all blessed and made possible by persons like you Judy and Restnwolf, Michele W, Besty, Dawn, Jaime K and Animal Luvr; just to name a few behind this amazing large effort for Suky.

She is on antibiotics, taking Clavamox (for fighting off infections), Vitamin k1 (vitamins), and Baytril Liquid (also to treat infections). Along with Canine a/d critical care can food that I have been mashing up and watering down little by little hand feeding it to her. All these medications and supplements have really done her good. She will be going to vet this week again and it will be then that the veterinarian will tell us if she is healthy enough for this much needed surgery. Suky does seem to be in much better spirits since the blood transfusion from yesterday (Monday) but as the veterinarian told us the surgery is of extreme urgency.

My Suky loves car rides! I believe if she could talk she would rather go on car ride then go on a walks! I will up load a picture of her in the car and you can see it in her face how much she likes being in the wind from the passenger seat of the car. My daughter has a little bear stuffed animal (actually it would be more correct to say Suky has long claimed ownership of the bear) that Suky will roll around with and "wrestle" with it as she goes on her back and holds the little bear in her arms and nibbles it. Its funny to see her do this because she looks so human like handling it or pouncing on it as if it were alive. I have three children, one of which is had not yet been born yet at the time when Suky came became part of our family as a baby puppy. My three children have grown up since, and every step of the way Suky has grown/been right there with us. This is especially true as my littlest one has never known life with out Suky. She has really been a joy in our family and been great with our kids. I remember our Daughter was little and she used to play with Suky as if she was as doll- she would put in the stroll her and treat her as a baby, and play with her for hours and Suky would go a long with it. Suky is such a wonderful joy to have in our lives and I am sure all of you would feel the same way if you meet her. Thank you all again for all the support, we truly appreciate it all.

Edited by vurzua1

Suky has $335 in donations and needs $535 more.

$10 of Suky's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

I hope everyone reading could possibly scrounge into the couch cushions and see what they could find. We are making steady progress toward our goal, but we could use a few strong leaps. We only have until Friday morning when Suky is re-evaluated. We really need to have funds raised by then. If the vet says she is ready for surgery, we don't want to have to hesitate - we want to be able to give the vet the green light to go ahead.

If you can donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget note for Suky.

Thank you!

Up and ready to send in my money.....PLEASE don't make we wait too much longer...I am anxious to push that pay button!!!

FUND UPDATE: Suky has $395 in donations and needs $475 more.

$70 of Suky's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you all so much! Now all we need is $30 to complete the match! Are there any takers? We need to get the funds in place for little Suky by Friday morning. Can you please help Suky? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Suky's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much.

I keep checking in to see if it's time to send in my $$$ yet...

Suky's Momma, your girls sounds SO SPECIAL...

The people here on IMOM are THE BEST...every last one of them feels as I do...they care about the pets that need help so badly and that is why miracles happen each and every day...

We all unite as a family when it is time to help a pet in need...we do it because we care, simple as that...we all know what it's like to have an animal that is sick...there is stress, worry and frustration...and we all want to do what we can to make things easier for the owner and for the pet...

THIS is why we do what we do...

Suky has $395 in donations and needs $475 more.

$70 of Suky's $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Judy wants to send in her money! All we need is $30 to complete the match!

Thank you!

I know I already donated, but I am worried about Suky, so have sent in the remainder of Judy's matching challenge in memory of Penelope Williams, who tragically lost her battle.

Judy G.

Judy G, I just saw your post and was so shocked to read the news...THANK YOU for honoring Penelope's life in such a special way...

I am on my way to send in my match...

Suky has $525 in donations and needs $345 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you to everyone who has donated or shared about Suky (and honored others) - Friday is drawing near and we are getting closer to our goal. I'm hoping with end of month payday we can get this done quickly.

If you can donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget note for Suky.

Thank you!

Suky has $625 in donations and needs $245 more.

:waycool:

We are getting closer......

Thank you!

Hope is right- The Angels are flying. Suky will be at AFR before you know itl.

For anyone reading this who is wondering if small donations make a difference - YES-YES-YES.

I have manned the booth at some events where people donated and those $1.00 donations add up fast ! Every dollar counts.

I have also been on the other side - watching the help come in and I wish you could know what an incredible feeling it is to know that so many wonderful people are willing to help your and your baby in time of need. You can feel the love coming through with each post .

Check your sofa cushions - raid the piggy bank- Suky needs to get help soon so she can stay with her loving family

Kath

We're in the home stretch now...let's keep that momentum going...let's get to the FINISH line today!

Thanks, angels!

Diane

C'mon angels, keep wrapping ur wings around Suky so she can get the help she needs.

Thanks angels!!!

FUND UPDATE: Suky has $640 in donations and needs $230 more!

Thank you so much! The numbers are looking better and better. We're almost there for cute little Suky. How about another Matching Challenge? Anyone? Wouldn't it be great if we got Suky to All Funds Raised tonight? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you all so much.

Yay! We were so surprised to see the amount reach closer and closer. All of you guys never disappoint we are extremely happy with all the determination to keep pushing on for our suky.

Suky is looking better today, she always looks so happy to see us and she sits up more looking like she wants to be around us. She also is improving a little in strength by refusing to eat her medicine that we have to physically give her which is a good sign haha. All our prayers and hope is still going strong. And of course we wouldn't think so positive if it weren't for you guys. We are almost there and always remind our self's we are doing it for the love of suky! I cant wait to see her in her full health once again and her surgery is not far.

Sending much love and appreciation, from my family and suky. Thank you! =)

$230.00.....is all we need to get Suky the surgery that SHE HAS TO HAVE...and she needs it as soon as she is stable enough...

from the sounds of things she is improving each day and it's Thursday tomorrow...I am PRAYING that surgery can happen on Friday...if not, we have to wait THE WHOLE WEEK END...and she's weak right now...

we all know how serious pyrometra is...and what it can do if it goes untreated...this little senior girl DESERVES a chance to get well again and take care of the family that loves her so...and we can make this happen.....

Suky still needs $230 more.

We're almost there for this cute pup. We need to have the funds in place tomorrow - can you please help Suky? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you all so much.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Suky has $625 in donations and needs $230 more.

Seems like we're at a standstill. Angels, we only have until tomorrow when Suky is re-evaluated. If she is stable enough, I hope they will take her to surgery right away. BUT... we have to have the funds raised for them to do this.

PLEASE consider a donation. Any size at all. They really do add up.

Thank you!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

$230.00 or $245.00?????

IMOM angels...there have been over 1700 view on Suky's thread...and we only have TODAY to raise the funds needed to get her to surgery....

Edited by Judy

Sorry, Judy. Sleepy fingers typed the wrong amount this morning. I went back and edited it to the correct amount. It's $230 more that is needed. PLEASE Angels, help this senior sweetie. We all know the importance of spaying, but Suky shouldn't have to pay this price because she wasn't spayed.

PLEASE consider a donation. Any size at all. They really do add up.

Thank you!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Thanks Dawn, that nearly did me in....

:Angel15: we HAVE to make this happen today...we have to be prepared for tomorrow and the possibility of surgery...

I am going to just say it...without this surgery Suky will not survive...plain and simple...we all know that...and I can't see the wonderful people here on IMOM letting that happen....

Let's really work hard today to share, to donate if you can and to give this sweet SENIOR girl some moral support to get even better today and if all possible, get into surgery tomorrow and on the road to recovery.