Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Suki Rodriguez - 13 y/o Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix with Pyometra

115 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Pyometra/possible tumor

Treatment: Stabilization followed by surgery

Low end of estimate: $1136

Owner contribution: $300

Needed for low end of the estimate: $836

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $34

Our fund raising goal: $870

Spayed: No

Caseworker: Dawn

Suky is at All Funds Raised!! Donations no longer needed.

post-9302-0-66149100-1398718457_thumb.jp

Suky is a 13 y/o unspayed Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix with pyometra and a possible tumor. After being seen this morning, her vet reports Suky is in bad shape and extremely anemic. As soon as she is stable, Suky needs immediate surgery to save her life.

Her Mom had this to say: "My dog Suky is 13 years old and has been a part of my family for as long as my children have grown. She is full of life and still is willing to continue her life healthy. Unfortunately, she has pyometra from not being spayed and is in severe pain from her uterus that is extremely infected. I am trying to my best ability to save her.”

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Suky’s name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Angels - I am SO WORRIED about Suky. The vet says she isn't even stable enough for surgery right now. She is extremely anemic and needs a blood transfusion and hospitalization. They hope they can get her stabilized by tomorrow morning to be able to perform surgery, but she is so bad, there not sure when she'll be ready. But, we need to raise these funds right away so she can have this life saving surgery as soon as she is ready.

Please help this little one. If you can donate - any $ amount at all will ad up to save her life.

If you can donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Suky’s name when making your donation.

Thank you for your care and support. I hope Suky's owner will be here soon, but she may be at the vet's with Suky right now. I'm sure she'll be here as soon as she can.

PLEASE, PLEASE, help Suki. Any amount will help her get the treatment she needs.

My Tucker was 13.7yo when I lost him, and it was not enough time to have him, so I know how Suki's mom feels. Please help her.

My poor dog suky still seems to hold onto life as strong as she can. She is now going through transfusion to receive more blood to get stronger. We have so much hope that suky will be strong enough for her surgery and IMOM has giving us endless support we couldnt be more thankful.

I still contiune to ask for donations and help because it still is yet very hard for us but we are willing to risk it all for our family. Thank you all.

More news from the vet. Suky required a blood transfusion today. They are going to see how she responds to this and re-evaluate her condition again on Friday. They say she needs this long for the transfusion to make a difference. If she shows improvement they will determine if they can do the surgery at that time.

While this gives us some additional time to raise funds, we are very worried about Suky. Please send positive thoughts her way.

If you can donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you can make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Suky’s name when making your donation.

Thank you!

FUND UPDATE: Suky has $25 in donations and needs $845 more.

Thank you, Angels, for your donations so far! Folks, Suky is one sick little pup. We need to have the funds in place so she can have immediate surgery once she is stabilized. We're hoping that the transfusion and supportive care she is receiving will help. If someone could issue a Matching Challenge, that would be a huge help. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Suky's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much.

Did I hear a call for a matching challenge? I'm throwing one out for $100. Can't wait for the Angels to take my money ;-) Betsy

Edited by ABQBets

Suky has a $100 Matching Challenge - yay!

I knew I could count on you Betsy!! Thank you! Okay, who's going to take some or all of Betsy's money? Even though we have 3 or 4 days, let's get the funds raised, so Suky's Mom doesn't have to stress over that part. She's already worried sick about her baby.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Suky Rodriguez. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Suky's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much.

Betsy, bless you, you are always there when a PIN needs you the most.....

Who doesn't LOVE seniors...they are so wise, they have learned so much in their life time.....

WE are the ones that can help this girl get her surgery.....she is a fighter...and we have to help give her the chance to FIGHT.....

Dawn, will she be at the clinic to be monitored until Friday? Can the surgery happen on Friday? I can't imagine her having to go thru the week end......

ANGELS...let's get the funds in so everyone doesn't have to be stressed and worried and we can just have it ready and waiting for the minute the vet says surgery can happen.....

Take a look at that face...it says it all.....

Suky's Momma...the best thing you can do right now is to post, post again and keep on posting...tell us stories about your girl...how you named her, what is her favorite toy, does she like to go for car rides?

Open your heart...I know it's hard to talk to strangers, but we are here because we care...and understand that your girl is sick...and we want to help...we will give you support when you are upset...I imagine that you are really worried and feel all alone...you aren't alone when you are here, believe me...

PLEASE, PLEASE, help Suki. Any amount will help her get the treatment she needs.

My Tucker was 13.7yo when I lost him, and it was not enough time to have him, so I know how Suki's mom feels. Please help her.

I am so sorry for your loss with Tucker, thank you k9sign for voicing your support for us. It means a lot thank you =)

Suky on her way to the vet today. Thank you everyone for the support, it is amazing how you all are such great hearts out there helping her we couldn't be more thankful

post-30357-0-12814300-1398727612_thumb.j

Look at that little girl.....

Suky's Momma...keep up the great job of posting...the angels are always reading and they don't always post, but believe me there are here and they are checking everything out.....

as you think about your girl and remember a favorite story, tell it to us...how did you pick her name? She looks so sweet, does she like to snuggle and cuddle?

I believe they are sending Suky home until Friday. While I always like my babies to be at home instead of the vet, in this case, I'm very worried.

I am, however, thrilled to see the MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $100!!!

Let's get busy!

Thank you!

Suky is currently on the road to recovery and we hope her transfusion will make her stronger. My children and I continue to think and cherish the wonderful traits and memories suky has on us. She truly is full of love and we wish to see that in her eyes very soon again.

We are enlightened by all of youre kind words and endless support, none of it could have gone on without every single one of you.

Thank you all so much.

Suky may be old but she certainly does not act her age. She is incredibly joyful and always happy for whatever the day brings her. Suky loves to sleep every night with us as if she is human and runs down stairs like a child when she hears her name. Even on the way to the hospital she looks up to enjoy the fresh air and glance at me letting me know she is thankful for what we are doing. No doubt there is a lot of life left in my suky, and we will not let that come to an end.

My children as well have grown onto my dog for the past 13 years. Shes watched them grow up and grow about and always helps them in need. Since her diagnosis, my three children have switched roles to take care of her as shes done for them. My oldest son has paid for her transfusion to help suky as he treats her like an extra sister.

We have a positive environment around her to ensure her that she will be okay.

Suky is an amazing soul to be around, and we pray she gets stronger in the time for her surgery!

much love goes out to all the wonderful people who are pushing on for suky, we are truly touched with your generosity!

This is suky before her encounter with pyometra, looking as silly as she does we are over joyed with her funny memories always sitting next to us every morning. We hope to have that back very soon.

post-30357-0-88686800-1398736630_thumb.j

Beautiful Suki, hang in there! You WILL get better soon , the IMOM angels will pull through for you. I myself need to wait for payday on Wednesday.

Betsy, good job on getting the ball rolling. C'mon folks let's show this family what the IMOM friends & angels can do!!!!

:bravo::twocents: what :waycool::twocents::feedback::twocents::thanks3::twocents::banana:

Update on sukys status: we have just brought our lovely suky home from the transfusion and she seems a iittle more better and has little improvement. We hope she will get stronger by her surgery. We will keep in touch of sukys conditions in the mean time, thank you for all your emotional support.

Angels - Can you feel the love Suky's mom has for her? Can you PLEASE help this senior pup get the life saving surgery she needs?

Thank you!

FUND UPDATE: Suky has $40 in donations and needs $830 more.

There is still $85 left on the MATCHING CHALLENGE.

Poor Suky - she's not doing well. We need to have the funds in place so she can have immediate surgery once she is stabilized. We're hoping that the transfusion and supportive care will help.

Now's the time to donate - your donation will be DOUBLED! Remember, every donation of any size will add up for this senior girl. Also remember to SHARE on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you!

:Angel15:

Suky really needs our help not only with donations but support...we all know what can happen when a dog has pyrometra and it's serious...

she is 13 yrs. old...a senior girl...and she DESERVES a chance to have a HEALTHY and HAPPY life...there is NOTHING better than a senior dog...

so, please, let's make a donation if we can...right now they are being DOUBLED...but, most importantly, let's get the word out for Suky...share on any social media you can, ask your friends to do the same, and ask them to tell their friends also...

WE can do this...

We can and will do this. Come on Angels. Suky needs us. Take my money, please... Betsy