Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Squirrel Davis - Kitty with Pyometra and Urethral Obstruction

129 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE: Squirrel has $1352.33 in donations and needs $1301.67 more!

Thank you ALL so much! Now we're over halfway there! Folks, I know you've really streched your funds for IMOM's Pets in Need lately, but Squirrel needs this surgery right away. Without it, she won't make it. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Squirrel Davis. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Squirrel's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much.

Jamie, I didn't realize Squirrel's vet is open 24 hours...even better for her. I wish I had the money to pay for the rest of the Squirrel's fundraising, but I don't...

I know that this is a busy weekend, and I hope the cash comes in quickly for her. Each day she waits is another strike against her.

FUND UPDATE: Squirrel has $1402.33 in donations and needs $1251.67 more!

Thank you Angels for your donations so far! I just know we can do this for poor Squirrel. According to her Dad, she wasn't doing that well when he went home for lunch. Time is of the essence. Can you please help Squirrel? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Squirrel Davis. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Squirrel's name when making your donation.

Thank you all so much.

I'll match the next $50 that comes in. Let's try to pick up the pace!

I cannot thank you enough. I will try to do so by contributing to IMOM from every single paycheck for the rest of my life. Even that doesn't seem to be enough.

Squirrel's ears are no longer cold. She ate a treat with medicine in it (she'll catch on, she always does but for now it is working) and she is eating a plate of food as we speak.

I saw her trying to use the litter box, and was able to observe for once. She didn't urinate :(.

She didn't seem to be in pain or straining though either. And, as I've said if that is the worst that comes of this, if I have to manually express her bladder forever I've no problem doing so. The doctor says they saw her urinating, so I hope that they meant actually producing urine and not just attempting.

Yay - a $50 Matching Challenge! Thank you so much LeahRose! Do we have any takers? Poor Squirrel is not doing well. You can tell how much her Dad loves her, and we need to make sure she and her Dad have many more years together. Can you please help Squirrel? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you all so much!

I'll match the next $50 that comes in. Let's try to pick up the pace!

I'll take $20 of your match. It's all I have left after tax day.

I'll take $20 of your match. It's all I have left after tax day.

Yay! Thank you!

Who is in for the other $30?

FUND UPDATE: Squirrel has $1672.33 in donations and needs $981.67 more!

Bambi's $50 Matching Challenge has been met!

Oh my gosh, thank you for your donations! And LeahRose, send in those $$ - thank you so much! Okay, we're getting some momentum going now. We're getting a lot closer to getting Squirrel the care she needs. Now, we're on the downhill side. Thank you all for your donations and support for this kitty. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you all so much.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I found some cute pictures of Squirrel and thought I would post them!

post-9302-0-85431300-1397950178.jpg

post-9302-0-79767900-1397950181_thumb.jp

post-9302-0-15589200-1397950183.jpg

Folks, I know we still have a lot to raise and it's a holiday weekend, but I'm really worried about Squirrel. Please can you help? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

Thank you all so much.

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to tell you all that Squirrel is at ALL FUNDS RAISED! Thank you, thank you! I'm so worried about this kitty.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HUGE thanks to all of you who donated and shared! Thanks to you all, this sweet little kitty will get the surgery she needs. You guys are amazing, and I appreciate each and every one of you.

Squirrel's thread will be moving to All Funds Raised - be sure to follow her progress as she has her surgery and goes through her recovery. Thank you again!!

Wow! Either there was a sudden mass of people donating, or somebody came up with a huge donation. Either way, fantastic news!

Janice G.

Oh what wonderful news! I was just about to post a plea to finish up one of the PINS so that we could concentrate on the others when I saw this.

Blessing to all of you who made this possible. Truly, an Easter Miracle.

THANK YOU to the person or persons who finished this fundraising challenge. You are truly an angel, and your gift is so very much appreciated. Blessings to you.

Now, let's get Squirrel to the vet...

Diane

Angels - thank you. I wish I could express how amazed and inspired I am by this community.

Posted before I saw Squirrel has AFR! Such great news!!! Sorry for my lag, had to be offline for a couple hours.

I came to here to help a little and it was done so I doubled up for little Diamond. Please don't forget that she needs help desperately. Thanks to all !

I don't know what to say.

Thank you all so much. I'll be taking her in first thing in the morning. What do I tell the hospital staff? She is definitely not feeling even as "good" as she was a day ago. I can tell :(

Going to go tell her the good news.

"Thank you" doesn't even say it.... I love you all and appreciate the support more than you'll ever know.

I may be taking her in tonight. She looks like she needs it now rather than waiting. Talking to the hospital, or waiting for them to call me back rather.

Her Doctor called and asked me to return her call but then when I did the hospital said she would be gone for the next few days?!

Either way, I'll keep you all updated.

She'll be getting seen tomorrow at 7am. If they determine she is stable enough to wait until Monday I still get charged a fee for taking her tomorrow...but I'd rather hear "She can wait" than "Why didn't you bring her yesterday?"

Again... thank you all so so much. This would not be possible at all without you. I just hope she can make it to tomorrow, but she's a fighter so I am confident.