Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Squirrel Davis - Kitty with Pyometra and Urethral Obstruction

129 posts in this topic

This is so inspiring. It would be easy to forget how much you all have helped if things don't go well after surgery, but I certainly will not forget. No matter what happens you've all helped me to realize just how much good there is in the world.

Cue auctioneer voice:

"We have $5 towards the matching challenge, who can give another $5, another $10, anything????"

Squirrel has $830 in donations and needs $1824 more!

and there still is a Matching Challenge for $95!!

Please help our "cover girl" have her surgery. She's really needing her treatment right away.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; . If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget Squirrel's name when making your donation.

Thank you, as always!

Cindy W - IMOM

I am back! Even though it looks like I am on, I just keep me logged in. Faster to keep up with the thread! So with that said, I am sending in a donation for poor Squirrel! We can get this baby all happy and healthy again! I so understand the "heart" kitty concept. And there is a matching challenge and I think on all current "three" pets in need. So can't pass that up so I am splitting my $100.00 three ways for each! Good luck Squirrel and will be following your road to feeling better. Off to the next pet in need!

Just pitched in $50 from my cat Oscar, who frantically alerted me that HIS brother had gotten out a couple months ago. Yay for hero cats!

Just pitched in $50 from my cat Oscar, who frantically alerted me that HIS brother had gotten out a couple months ago. Yay for hero cats!

Thank you and Oscar so so much! Hero cats unite!

:catwatching:

I think on all current "three" pets in need. So can't pass that up so I am splitting my $100.00 three ways for each! Good luck Squirrel and will be following your road to feeling better. Off to the next pet in need!

You are an amazing person. Thank you on behalf of all the pets in need :)

Squirrel is feeling kind of warm. She had a bad fever right before she left the hospital but it had gone down a little when they medicated her. They think it was possibly due to stress and her being a little fighty when they tried to give her meds.

I wish I knew more about how to help her. I'm starting to feel like taking her home could have been a bad gamble.

I will try to keep positive for her sake. Her sister keeps visiting her, and I don't think she's too happy about it lol. But they are not fighting or hissing so for now I think it is a good thing for them to see each other.

FUND UPDATE: Squirrel has $913.33 in donations and needs $1740.67 more as of 6:39 PM PST 4/18/14.

Squirrel has a $16.67 left in the Matching Challenge!

$16.67 in left in the matching challange! Make your money work twice as hard!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; . If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget Squirrel's name when making your donation.

Thank you, as always!

I am blown away by the support this community was able to gather, and in such a short time.

Squirrel is constantly in and out of her carrier now, not sure what that means if anything. She hates the carrier though. She never hisses at me or attempts to scratch or bite me... until I try to put her in the carrier. Yet, now she is sleeping in it.

I have to work in the morning, as much as I'd like to stay home with Squirrel. Going to sleep now so if there are any night owls here don't take my lack of posting for a few hours as my having given up.

Thank you so so much for giving me the hope I needed. I was 100% legitimately depressed and unable to function outside of doing whatever it took to find help for Squirrel. I am still totally focused on her, but knowing I have a community backing me up makes things a little less stressful.

I think sometimes when kitties are not feeling very well the carrier can seem safe and like a nice quiet place to rest - plus a good hiding spot since everyone knows she does not like it. For my Stanley he likes hiding under the bed.

Try and get some rest I know it's a hard time for you both.

I'm glad you all appreciated the Play Cat comment...heeheehee.

I'm with the others on the cat carrier thought...I have a few hard sided cat carriers out throughout the house with nice bedding in it and something draped over the top to make it feel more cave-like. During the winter (northeast Ohio) they like it cuz they like to snuggle up. And, when they aren't feeling well, they like going in there because it does have a more secure, dark, private feel.

Give your supermodel a hug and kiss from me. The healing candle I lit today is out, but another will be lit tomorrow.

Diane

Edited by Animal Luvr

FUND UPDATE: Squirrel has $978.33 in donations and needs $1675.67 more!

Squirrel's Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you ALL so much for your donations so far! I know this is a holiday weekend, but I'm hoping to see some activity today. Poor little Squirrel is so sick, and we really need to get this little girl to All Funds Raised as soon as possible so she can have her surgery. If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Squirrel Davis. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Squirrel's name when making your donation.

Thank you all.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Was late to work because the little Squirrel was hiding from her medicine. Smart little bugger. I;ll be at work for 8 hours or so but wanted to thank everyone for all the work so far and anything you might accomplish while I am here.

Here is a picture of poor little Squirrel when she was receiving treatment. She's so cute.

post-9302-0-29892100-1397918629_thumb.jp

Donated in the name of my kitty that just passed Bambi. I hope Squirrel is ok :)

FUND UPDATE: Squirrel has $1223.33 in donations and needs $1430.67 more!

Thank you ALL so much! Yay - we're almost halfway there! Let's see how far we can get today. I know this is a lot to raise, but we've already made a huge dent in what's needed. Let's get Squirrel Butt to All Funds Raised so her Dad can call the vet when they open and get her scheduled for surgery. Squirrel really needs this surgery as soon as possible. Can we get another Matching Challenge? If you're unable to donate, please share on all your social media sites so we can get the word out to more people.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation; note for Squirrel Davis. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Squirrel's name when making your donation.

Thank you all.

I went home on break to visit her and she wouldn't eat. Her ears were cold, which last time they were like that meant she was in shock. Have a friend going there to keep an eye on her. If I didn't think or know I'd be fired I'd have stayed myself.. :(

Angels this sweet baby kitty needs our help. Please share her story.

FUND UPDATE: Squirrel has $1268.33 in donations and needs $1385.67 more!

Almost to the half way point! We've come so far but we need to rally the troops. This girl needs our help now.

Thank you.

Okay, folks, all we need is $58.67 and we'll be halfway there! Please can you help Squirrel?

Thank you all.

OK, if $58.67 is what we need to get to the halfway point, then I'll send in the donation right now...even without a matching challenge!

I'm so very concerned about this little one getting the help that she needs...

Please angels, let's finish up this fundraising by tomorrow so her dad can call the vet first thing Monday to get the ball rolling for her ultimate recovery. Thank you.

Diane

Thank you Diane! Actually Squirrel's vet is open now. They're open 24 hours, and as soon as funds are raised, they can admit Squirrel and then call in the surgical team.

I'm very worried about Squirrel, too. I hope she can hang on a while longer.

Jamie.K